Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:42   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Diplomatic!! , Any ways wish to see this come up nice, i am not being cynical but most of such projects have ended up in our classifieds section with obscene pricing. No doubt about your capabilities, All the best.

Pramod
ha ha i agree to that.

I would say only the final product is what should do the talking from my side .what say?

Also i like to tag my vehicles as what they are. If you noticed my CBZ its branded as a CBZ, regardless of the heavy mods. So i guess you would be seeing a conti badge on the car too..

i am very happy to see the support you guys have given for the project
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:06   #47
BHPian

Very nice project and hope the conti looks a real muscle car in the end.

Glued for the updates.
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:06   #48
BHPian

bookmarked this page as soon as i saw the first set of pics..
eagerly waiting to see how things shape up..
but i still cant digest the whole thermocol and fiberglass funda.. how does one expect to ride such a thing in city traffic???
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:58   #49
BANNED

I like the Camaro red concept picture, its really a muscle car

This is the rear of that
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-camaroconcept9.jpg

The camaro 2011 convertible concept doesn't look that much promissing
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-chevroletcamaroconvertibleconcept.jpg

Well found this here and a good site too

Last edited by wildon : 22nd October 2009 at 19:00.
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:29   #50
BHPian

Hey nice work there!!

Can u please give me the details about the rims on the car?

Did u use a PCD adaptor plate?? Or is it a direct fit??

What brand and what size?
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:46   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
bookmarked this page as soon as i saw the first set of pics..
eagerly waiting to see how things shape up..
but i still cant digest the whole thermocol and fiberglass funda.. how does one expect to ride such a thing in city traffic???
Well hi akshay. i really can understand your concern regarding fiberglass. well i had it too when i initially got into it.Well the TVR's are fiberglass, i guess even the older generation corvett, alfa romeo and some more too.

Also i would like to inform that the car is metal from inside and its just the skin on the body panels that are fiber. for eg. the doors will be metal structure but the outer panel is fiberglass.

i had crashed my bike some time ago and u had to see it to believe it. the fiber body had scratches and scrapes only to it..the bad part was that it was the metal handle and front fork that twisted.

Also i would like to point out that repairing fibre glass is cheaper and easier. also you don't have limitations of shapes on fiber. as you see metals aren't very flexible as once you get a shape u decide to change some features you just start over.

so for everyone i would like to ,in brief state how fiberglass panels are built.

1. stick blocks of thermocol on the naked vehicle. (the stage the car is right now)

2. with the help of sanding tools, we paper down the surfaces to the shape of the car we need. as in the final design

3. a coat of static thin plastic (food wrap plastic grade) is laid on the thermo col (fiberglass melts thermocol) make sure it takes the shape of the thermocol perfectly. even the most intricate surfaces.

4. fiberglass consists of three major parts.
a. fiber matt ( a cloth like material which is resemles plastic strands weaved together.)

b. resin-a sticky liquid

c. hardener and cobalt

hence the Matt is layed down on the surface. you mix the resin and harden with cobalt in a certain proportion. you then with the help of a brush apply the resin on the matt. give it time to harden (based on the amount of hardener cobalt mix). apply as many desired level of matt to get the desired thickness and strength

5. after the matt - resin mixture hardens up you take it out from the thermocol . you got a mold here.

6. Now from this mold you build your panels by repeating the same procedure with fiberglass on it. and release it from the mold.

7. now throw away the thermocol and start mounting the panels on the body

8. Finish with lambi, primer and paint .
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:53   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progamersparsh View Post
Hey nice work there!!

Can u please give me the details about the rims on the car?

Did u use a PCD adaptor plate?? Or is it a direct fit??

What brand and what size?
yes we made custom plates for the rims to fit in. the rims are 17 inch'ers and the front tyre is 225/55or 45(forgot)/17 and rear is a bigger 225/65/17. the rear tyre will be offset ed out as you see thermocol stuck on the tyre is the distance the rear tyre is going to jutt out...

speaking of the wheels, we are also making steel ventilated huge 13 inch disc plates both at front and rear(working)and with bigger set of calipers.
Old 23rd October 2009, 01:36   #53
BHPian

Hi Mates

First of all thanks a ton for your overwhelming responses and coming forward to encourage Sunil and Nigel.

My main reason to introduce Sunil and Nigel to Team-BHP is their level of enthusiasm into automobiles, the level of detail they put in, and the no compromise attitude.

As said earlier Sunil is a professional Automobile Designer working for Zagato an Italian Automobile Design Major that is well known for concept designs of major car manufacturers including Ferrari.

Nigel a perfect all in all automobile expert, Nigel makes his custom Fiberglass Body Kits, Custom Made Mono Shocks, Custom Aluminium Silencers and over and above all his interest and passion to bikes made him take a decision to quit his job and start on his own.

Coming Back to our Contessa Modification, the work is in progress, one more layer of Thermo col is being applied and put to Dry for next two days.

Nigel and Sunil .... Sorry guys I am revealing the Secret to the Forum

Mates... Lets all wish Success to Nigel and Sunil who are planning to design at least 5 Bikes for the coming AutoExpo. Sunils CBZ is also planned for the display.

Also can any of our team mates please help in getting some reference to exhibit his works on AutoExpo, Pune?

is yes, please mates come forward, these guys would need an additional support from our end.

All the Best Sunil and Nigel

REITZ
Old 23rd October 2009, 01:40   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Sunil and Nigel, all the best! The signs are encouraging. We hope the end results are awesome

Zagato also made a DB7 for Aston Martin right? I remember Zagato only with relation to Aston . They also made a V8 for Aston sometime in the 70s or 80s. Dont remember exactly. Apart from this, they have had a long relationship with Aston Martin, kinda like what Pininfarina have with Ferrari I guess....
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:51   #55
Senior - BHPian

hey sunil, nice to see such a talent in Pune. had been to prakash kunthes workshop few times to check out fibre glass mods, on recommendation of dilip bamb.

i wish you all the best. my eyes will be glued to this thread.
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:55   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Sunil and Nigel, all the best! The signs are encouraging. We hope the end results are awesome

Zagato also made a DB7 for Aston Martin right? I remember Zagato only with relation to Aston . They also made a V8 for Aston sometime in the 70s or 80s. Dont remember exactly. Apart from this, they have had a long relationship with Aston Martin, kinda like what Pininfarina have with Ferrari I guess....
hi Nikhil. yes you are right about the db7 (db4 too). but tip of the iceberg . the company has a long list of exotics (collectors numbered from 9 to 99) in aston martin, alfa romeo, bugatti, diatto, maserati, latest GTZ Bently(check it out), ferraris , lamborghinis, Spyker C12 (among the worlds 10 most expensive car) and a very long non ending list.(google them) for the nature of my profession i cant disclose many of them. some pics to enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-2lam.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-lam.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-bentleyzagato05033.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-ast.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-spyker_c12_zagato_st.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-ferrari_575_zagato_20062.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2009, 14:55   #57
BHPian

I have a real newbish question.

If you are going to strip the car to bare minimum which leaves only the frame in place, why not just build a new frame with sturdier metal and put mods on top of that ?

Whats the point of using the contessa chassis ?
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:49   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhound View Post

If you are going to strip the car to bare minimum which leaves only the frame in place, why not just build a new frame with sturdier metal and put mods on top of that ?

the chasis and the basic frame of any vehicle are the core structural components of any vehicle, other elements such as the engine, and doors etc etc are just add ons. Tinkering around with these will adversely affect the structural integrity of the vehicle.
Old 27th October 2009, 17:35   #59
BHPian

hi guys... sorry for no update on this for some time... the design process is still going on.. so attaching this picture... what do you think for the front end???

cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhound View Post

hmmm...well only one question... how do you register the car??

Note from Team-Bhp Support:

1/ Please avoid typing...dotty..posts...like this. This is to ensure forum readability.
2/ Please avoid posting back to back posts. Use the edit / multiquote feature.

Thank You
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-sketch.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 27th October 2009 at 18:14. Reason: Note Inline
Old 28th October 2009, 00:52   #60
BHPian

Wooo
Really love the design.
Looking forward to the final result.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com