Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 15:34   #556
BANNED

err..not always my friend do a google search the results are near enough 50/50
Old 13th May 2010, 15:37   #557
BANNED

Sorry i couldn't edit and upload this picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-2008camaro.jpg  

Old 13th May 2010, 17:26   #558
BHPian

Take a look at this color scheme. It has that vintage look to it. Dark metallic maroon, which will stand out in the night as light gets reflected off it and wont totally blend in the dark (unlike black).

During the day as well it will have a vintage tinge to it with black metallic chrome wheels complimenting it.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-windows-photo-gallery-wallpaper.jpg  

Old 13th May 2010, 19:35   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
hmmm well again i dont mind that either. well any specific colour you can think of buddy?
My personal choice, bright and bold still not loud
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-chevroletcamaro_ss_indy_500_pace_car_2010_1024x768_wallpaper_06.jpg  

Old 13th May 2010, 20:26   #560
BHPian

OMG, i was never so confused in my life. so many choices! thats my trouble cant point at a single color scheme

Anyway i will cut the BS and here are some 'fresh batch of very bad quality pictures taken in the lamest of light conditions' (sorry will get some daytime shots). Anyway..

The final pieces are in black and its the color of the FRP body. "NOT THE CARS FINAL COLOR". Also the pieces are just placed on the vehicle its not fixed to the body. The Conti engine has been taken off. hence the Car is really tall from the front (no engine weight)

We are currently working on the dashboard and the door trims .right now the thermocol is just stuck on car.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p1010008.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p1010016.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p1010017.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p1010020.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p1010022.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p1010024.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p1010029.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p1010030.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-p1010005.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 13th May 2010, 20:51   #561
BANNED

Simple, if you finalise a base colour be it silver, blue , red , black etc....then if you want to incorporate stripes or something more creative you can contemplate that after, if at all, obviously if you are doing stripes etc. you have to do your painting at the same time, I haven't read the full thread, but if you're building a convertable 100% forget stripes (please)
Old 13th May 2010, 21:14   #562
BHPian

You know even though it looks all beaten up right now in black. IMO it would look great if finished nicely. Just see Miyers black Conti for an example. Also see '88tessas blue piece for another great example.. I think either of those 2 colors will suit your build very nicely. I suggest you go for a single color. The stripes in the center will look like you're trying to copy a Mustang or Viper or some other import with stripes! Besides stripes have the tendency to shift focus from the actual lines of the very car they're on. So if you want to show of your body work and angular lines of the car then single color paint job is what you should go for.
BUT if you think you MUST have stripes then go for racing stripes along the side of the car right above or below the dink in the body panels. That will act as a highlight and in my mind show off the car's body work nicely.
Hope this helps!!
Old 13th May 2010, 21:49   #563
BANNED

Just what i'm tring to say Viraat, good coachwork and regular waxing, will show of your ride to her best!

Cheers,

Stefan
Old 13th May 2010, 23:45   #564
BHPian

try painting pearl paint, available from usa, or alsa corp. these will highlight the paint brittleness even in the dark. i have seen pearl paints glittering in the dark night times. stripes will shift the bold attention of the car's muscular looks, so please try to avoid it.

what you are finishing is not a mustang, but a very different body design, like the designs of DC dilip chaabria. so dont copy mustang paint schemes in this. the more the car evolves, the more muscular it has become.

try to use 1500 lumens LED lights for fog lamps, which can also be city driving lights...available for 5k. a pair of these lights are so small but very innovative in size, design and also in the purpose...use LED strips to make the front of the car resemble like an audi which would make the car look very flashy at night times.

for the dashboard & interiors, my humble suggestions would be to use a plain dash, with aircon vents and centralised swith panel with thumb starter buttons & missile on/off buttons. try to get a chevrolet beat instrument console, which would make the dash look both innovative as well as very simplified. surely use faux leather seat material, with minimal foam, so that the interiors look roomy as well as expansive.

all these are my simple ideas to make the car look more attractive and also more qualitative in the end purpose. take whatever you want, leave the rest.

finally to each his own...regards, best wishes for a supercar in the making. waiting eagerly to see the end product. mr.konjaril, i might need the entire body panels - 1 set for my conti, please spare me...

Last edited by shekaran : 13th May 2010 at 23:47.
Old 14th May 2010, 00:08   #565
BHPian

stefanm - True. Regular waxing & polishing is surely the simplest way of keeping your car looking good. But you need a good paint job with multiple coats before that!!

shekaran - Ah.. Pearl White with a glitter finish. See DESIFIED's Contessa for an example (Why is it that I keep giving other Conti's from this forum as references).
Please don't insult Konjaril by comparing him to DC. I what little respect I had for DC was lost after I saw the "Phantom Royale" that he created. It was a true disaster. Google it to see what I mean.
Also the LED idea has been discussed if you have been following this thread. I doubt that it will be done.
Also after making a car from ground up it would be a shame if a BEAT dash/console was put in. I think a custom made wooden dash is the order of the day. Certainly other dash's should be considered for design influences but not put in as is!

Just my views. Cheers.
Old 14th May 2010, 00:30   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekaran View Post
try painting pearl paint, available from usa, or alsa corp. these will highlight the paint brittleness even in the dark. i have seen pearl paints glittering in the dark night times. stripes will shift the bold attention of the car's muscular looks, so please try to avoid it.

what you are finishing is not a mustang, but a very different body design, like the designs of DC dilip chaabria. so dont copy mustang paint schemes in this. the more the car evolves, the more muscular it has become.

try to use 1500 lumens LED lights for fog lamps, which can also be city driving lights...available for 5k. a pair of these lights are so small but very innovative in size, design and also in the purpose...use LED strips to make the front of the car resemble like an audi which would make the car look very flashy at night times.

for the dashboard & interiors, my humble suggestions would be to use a plain dash, with aircon vents and centralised swith panel with thumb starter buttons & missile on/off buttons. try to get a chevrolet beat instrument console, which would make the dash look both innovative as well as very simplified. surely use faux leather seat material, with minimal foam, so that the interiors look roomy as well as expansive.

all these are my simple ideas to make the car look more attractive and also more qualitative in the end purpose. take whatever you want, leave the rest.

finally to each his own...regards, best wishes for a supercar in the making. waiting eagerly to see the end product. mr.konjaril, i might need the entire body panels - 1 set for my conti, please spare me...
hi shekharan, we have some crazy ideas for the dash board. i dont want to use any oem products on the car because it just goes against the whole idea of making our own car. i can guarantee you that the dash is going to be one of a kind yet very decent. i dont want any person to look at the components of the car closely and just say eh! its a mod job!
well as per the body panels, just drop in your contessa mate we will do the rest for you! cheers buddy!
Old 14th May 2010, 17:05   #567
BHPian

Konjaril: Pls. PM me to let me know when you are starting the structural fabrications for the body & chassis. Perhaps I can help & contribute to identifying the shell layout and stressed members for reinforcement.
Cheers,
Miyer
Old 14th May 2010, 18:07   #568
BHPian

hey konjaril
guess you are going for a modernized cockpit styled dash
love the way the babys shaping up, cant wait for you to finish it off
hv you thought of going for integrated ambient lighting
will look supercool....beautiful inside
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-20081120_2010_ford_mustang_ambient_lighting_mycolor.jpg  

Old 16th May 2010, 12:15   #569
BHPian

any one want replica of camero???
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-467.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 16th May 2010, 15:51   #570
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
...also can u suggest a paint scheme too?...
Hmmm... this is a tough one!

If i was in your position i'd probably avoid any very flashy / show-car like high gloss paintjob, as this is india and the daily wear and tear will definitely take its toll on the looks of your car very soon.

Ofcourse, theres the standard slew of muscle car colours - the typical maroons and blues and white stripes.

For something different (and something that might also work with the hips on this car) -- how about a dark gunmetal palio type grey -- with orange stripes !?

cya
R

@west - what exactly is your post supposed to mean
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks