Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 23:19   #481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulu10 View Post
Congrats mate! looks very good so far. I am really proud to know that we do have awesome designers in India too! Doesn't matter if it take another 6 months but make sure it has the same level of detail u had planned originally!
PS: since u say your are picking up a V8,suspension disc brake etc from the W126 and u have changed almost everything in the conti wouldnt it have been better to have the W126 as the base car itself and have a design around it? Also it would have saved u a lot in strengthening the chassis as the Merc chassis is way better than the conti right.?
edit:my guess is that u found this merc after u had done a fair bit of work on the conti.?
As i stated earlier mate i never brought the w126 with that intention. it was a gift for my father i never even in my wildest dreams wanted to tear apart such a beautiful machine. by the time i took the decision for the v8 from the w126 the conti was already started. hence so.
Old 5th April 2010, 23:49   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
the contessa has been reinforced with very heavy metal beams inside the running board, the thickness of the floor of the car has been quadrupled with metal sheets. the engine bay will be reinforced to insane levels also as a final step there is a rolling cage to come inside the car with rollover hoops.
Hey mate, Good see all these updates flooding in.
BTW, From the above quoted statement, " Are you building a bullet proof beast?"

> That baleno looks cool, If I'm not wrong, The front driver side tire is mounted the other way round. Direction of rotation should be in the opposite direction I believe.
Old 5th April 2010, 23:59   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Hey mate, Good see all these updates flooding in.
BTW, From the above quoted statement, " Are you building a bullet proof beast?"

> That baleno looks cool, If I'm not wrong, The front driver side tire is mounted the other way round. Direction of rotation should be in the opposite direction I believe.
good god nice observation. yes its a mistake .the people at the tyre shop did it wrong. are taking it tomorrow to correct them.
Old 6th April 2010, 00:03   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
As i stated earlier mate i never brought the w126 with that intention. it was a gift for my father i never even in my wildest dreams wanted to tear apart such a beautiful machine. by the time i took the decision for the v8 from the w126 the conti was already started. hence so.
oh i get it now! all the best! keep updating this thread with photos atleast once every 2 weeks!
Old 7th April 2010, 10:15   #485
BHPian

I was discussing your project with a friend of mine.
And, he sent me these pictures yesterday. This car is parked in Chandigarh.
Do not have any further details about internals or anything.
Looks like work is stalled on this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-picture-031.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-picture-033.jpg  

Indian Muscle Car Mod : A Modernized Contessa. (w/ WIP Pics!)-picture-034.jpg  

Old 7th April 2010, 12:36   #486
BHPian

looks some what like the GM Camaro
Old 8th April 2010, 20:05   #487
BHPian

That looks like aall metal job..... must be Mr Sarkaria from chandigarh lol. He also has copy of original metal dye for a 67 Mustang GT500
Old 10th April 2010, 12:36   #488
BHPian

Hi Sunil

Came across your thread the other day. Went through the entire thread at a single stretch. Felt like reading a novel. Thought that by the end of the 33rd page I shall see your Venom ready and raring to go with all its muscular stance. But was dejected. At the end even Reitz's seems to be missing now. I do understand the project of this magnitude takes considerable time and energy.

Nevertheless Sunil it is a very brave effort since Its a car built up by hands and Wishing you a speedy completion and all the Best.Awaiting updates and new pics.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:28   #489
BHPian

@ SumitBahl

The car in the photos looks somewhat odd. The wheels look to be slanting in one direction and the front part looks disproportionate.
Old 10th April 2010, 19:06   #490
BHPian

Guys this car is different.
Old 11th April 2010, 09:22   #491
BHPian

Hi guys,
Thanks for the all the Bricks and Bats,
we need to keep a couple of things clear, So far the project has been amazing with the way its turning out, we never in our wildest imagination even considered going where we are at, yes we wanted to Modify a Conti, that's it, nothing so humongously insane, we have consistently kept raising our own Bar, and then crawled over it, With all the Problems we have faced we have managed to reach where we have, and its already been a wild ride for us.
We are not ready to just abandon months of sweat. expect some updates next week after which we shall go under again. wud be getting into mechanical aspect of things, as we are almost ready with the body work.

Just because Reitz is not in with his updates, does not mean he is not up to date on the Progress, He has moved out of the country n am sure is glued to the thread.

Hi there REITZ.

Here's to the project
Old 11th April 2010, 16:40   #492
Senior - BHPian

Konjaril, you can buy Merc 126 V8's engines & suspension in the price of their weight-per Kg (not worth much) they are hediously cheap as no one wants them, and the suspension bits too could be taken from many 126's I know have crashed, burnt and lying around you did not need to kill a complete car mate. I still feel you can buy the parts dirt dirt cheap and leave the 126 as is. Complete her when you have funds later. By the way I have seen to many of the conti type of projects you are doing not go anywhere, whilst I commend your effort trust me you won't be having her for long = we can talk about this in a few years/months as this post remains here. Whilst the 126 will still be worth something. Sadly mate any ground up build on conti's and that too in India can never get desired results in terms of a complete driving experience i.e driving dynamic, driver feedback, not to mention refinement a big big problem with home made car they look great and that is where it ends. Like you we too have contemplated what you are doing with full research etc but at the end after seeing others who have embarked on your road have either discourage us and in 100% cases the car just look great but drive very odd best of luck
Old 12th April 2010, 09:48   #493
BHPian

Hey Konjaril ... great work on the conti

you were contemplating colors for this beauty sometime back, have you decided what you ll be coloring her with ? I am eager to know that too

and dont get bogged down with any discouraging posts man, if 100% of others who started such projects, couldnt complete, it does not mean that you cannot complete it either ! Be the Change, I know you guys will

Good Luck to completion and definately looking forward to a great conti burning the roads
Old 12th April 2010, 10:00   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Konjaril, you can buy Merc 126 V8's engines & suspension in the price of their weight-per Kg (not worth much) they are hediously cheap as no one wants them, and the suspension bits too could be taken from many 126's I know have crashed, burnt and lying around you did not need to kill a complete car mate. I still feel you can buy the parts dirt dirt cheap and leave the 126 as is. Complete her when you have funds later. By the way I have seen to many of the conti type of projects you are doing not go anywhere, whilst I commend your effort trust me you won't be having her for long = we can talk about this in a few years/months as this post remains here. Whilst the 126 will still be worth something. Sadly mate any ground up build on conti's and that too in India can never get desired results in terms of a complete driving experience i.e driving dynamic, driver feedback, not to mention refinement a big big problem with home made car they look great and that is where it ends. Like you we too have contemplated what you are doing with full research etc but at the end after seeing others who have embarked on your road have either discourage us and in 100% cases the car just look great but drive very odd best of luck
When you are in business its important to be legal and legit. My friend mexentric brought a whole baleno with change of ownership when all he needed was the engine with ECU. I am sure he will find another w 126 if he fancies rebuilding one.

Pramod
Old 12th April 2010, 14:25   #495
Senior - BHPian

and dont get bogged down with any discouraging posts man, if 100% of others who started such projects, couldnt complete, it does not mean that you cannot complete it either ! Be the Change, I know you guys will

I like the "Be the change quote" you have used perhaps that "be the change should" could start with making efforts to change regulation lobby the gov't on issues relating to car's that at is least what I understand by "be the change"...not the almost indirect activity of building a car an then worrying about whether it is legit or not it is exactly this half witted read baked approach that we tend to get into all the time instead of targeting the system. The system just keeps running in grey on a parallel track. It is about being more strategic than thoka thoki as we like to call it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks