Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2009, 00:09   #211
BHPian

I feel you should have left it with a more classic look, in the sense retaining the original body lines, however gone for things such as new paint, tyres, rims etc.

IMO, it defeats the purpose of a contessa if you are going to change it's soul like that.
Old 24th December 2009, 00:25   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGekko View Post
I feel you should have left it with a more classic look, in the sense retaining the original body lines, however gone for things such as new paint, tyres, rims etc.

IMO, it defeats the purpose of a contessa if you are going to change it's soul like that.
Well,some car had to form a base for this amazing concept and the Conti suits the bill perfectly.The scope for creativity here is huge as this is no ordinary mod job,you can call it an entirely different,distinctive and original car with a new soul.

And as for a Contessa with new paint and rims,well everybody can do that!

Last edited by AyAn! : 24th December 2009 at 00:32.
Old 24th December 2009, 00:31   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Well,some car had to form a base for this amazing concept and the Conti suits the bill perfectly.This scope for creativity here is huge as this is no ordinary mod job,you can call it an entirely different,distinctive and original car with a new soul.

Well, it becomes a brand new XYZ car then and not a contessa. Sort of a mongrel.

That is my opinion. Owner of the car, please do as you feel like as your satisfaction is the most important.
Old 24th December 2009, 01:40   #214
BHPian

Just saw this thread and have no words for it, simply no words to describe it
Old 24th December 2009, 13:58   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Well,some car had to form a base for this amazing concept and the Conti suits the bill perfectly.The scope for creativity here is huge as this is no ordinary mod job,you can call it an entirely different,distinctive and original car with a new soul.

Thanks a lot ayan for explaining it on my behalf.i really appreciate it.

Quote:
Well, it becomes a brand new XYZ car then and not a contessa. Sort of a mongrel.

That is my opinion. Owner of the car, please do as you feel like as your satisfaction is the most important.
Well for starters, yes the conti has its heritage and is a classic in itself. but being a designer , this is what i prefer. personally classic cars are great but what will i do different by changing some rims and paints. if we all were just stuck with the olden eras would you have seen new age camaros and mustangs? they would have still sold there older classic superb looking versions. we need to move on too..
Old 25th December 2009, 21:26   #216
BHPian

Quote:

They say every Dog has its Day,
we are eagerly waiting for the day we can role out this Mongrel.

Pls do understand that the level of work being done is humongous to say the least and one has to have the guts to even contemplate doing this, Kudos to Sunil for having the confidence in me to attempt such a project.
Its not going to be easy, but i'm sure we will be successful,
Its also encouraging to see so many good responses, and a single discouraging one wont make any difference.

Now that Christmas is over, its back to the Mongrel for us.

Nigel
Old 26th December 2009, 02:05   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
Thanks a lot ayan for explaining it on my behalf.i really appreciate it.

Well for starters, yes the conti has its heritage and is a classic in itself. but being a designer , this is what i prefer. personally classic cars are great but what will i do different by changing some rims and paints. if we all were just stuck with the olden eras would you have seen new age camaros and mustangs? they would have still sold there older classic superb looking versions. we need to move on too..
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelLopez View Post
They say every Dog has its Day,
we are eagerly waiting for the day we can role out this Mongrel.

Pls do understand that the level of work being done is humongous to say the least and one has to have the guts to even contemplate doing this, Kudos to Sunil for having the confidence in me to attempt such a project.
Its not going to be easy, but i'm sure we will be successful,
Its also encouraging to see so many good responses, and a single discouraging one wont make any difference.

Now that Christmas is over, its back to the Mongrel for us.

Nigel
As i said guys; whatever floats your boat.
Old 26th December 2009, 13:04   #218
BHPian

And oh ya! merry Christmas everyone.
Old 28th December 2009, 17:54   #219
BHPian

Any updates as yet with new pictures taken, this is so cool and i'm glued to this thread as well. Keep the flow with more updates.
Old 31st December 2009, 03:16   #220
BHPian

Hello Nigel/Sunil, I have been following your thread for few days and read through the entire 15 pages.
Hats off for your commitment levels.Due to budget constraints i couldn't pursue my dream of building one.
Eagerly awaiting for the next set of updates.
Old 1st January 2010, 10:05   #221
BHPian

i am glued to this page.bring em on nigel.great work.
Old 1st January 2010, 10:12   #222
BHPian

I am a big fan of the TV series 'Supernatural' . Every time I see Dean's 67 Chevy Impala (327 4 barrel v8), I wish I had one ! I like the way it looks and sounds. Now everytime I see a conti , I am tempted to buy one and and modify it. This thread is acting as a catalyst.

I suppose, if I did go ahead and buy one, that would be the last you guys would hear from me. I would get a solid at home

Last edited by vdiatech : 1st January 2010 at 10:15.
Old 2nd January 2010, 17:08   #223
BHPian

Just saw this thread and i'm simply out of words. Amazing work guys. Will certainly follow this thread to see the final result. All the very best to you guys.
Old 2nd January 2010, 22:01   #224
BHPian

hey there everyone. glad to see such a mind blowing response from this thread. work has seem to take its pace back and the momentum is back. will be posting some pics tomorrow. and errr... lets say, it wont be disappointing.
Old 4th January 2010, 00:35   #225
BHPian

Its already the day after tomoro. waiting eagerly for the pics
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks