Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 21:24   #181
SBR
BHPian

Re: Auxiliary Lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
You can go with Hella 500Ff with the oem bulbs if your budget is 7k.
Hella Rallye 500 FF is a good option but will the lighting be sufficient. My pain area is driving in rains at night.

Can I add 100W H3 bulbs to the set up or will it cause any damage or heating up of the outer cover on extensive usage.
Any advise on good set / brand of 100W H3 bulbs
Old 23rd March 2016, 23:45   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
Hella Rallye 500 FF is a good option but will the lighting be sufficient. My pain area is driving in rains at night.
There are many factors which affect the visibility in rain which are subjective
1. Intensity of rain
2. Windshield/wipers condition
3. Opposing traffic high beam
4. Color of your light..yellowish is better, bluish is not good
5. Alignment of your light - straight or upwards are not good.

For a given person and car, an aux light will be certainly better than no aux light. But I don't think you will need a 100w bulb as during rain. You will need more lighting right infront of you than far ahead (assuming medium to low speeds) and a 55w bulb should give enough illumination

Quote:
Can I add 100W H3 bulbs to the set up or will it cause any damage or heating up of the outer cover on extensive usage.
Any advise on good set / brand of 100W H3 bulbs
I don't know if Hella can take the heat produced by 100w, but the neolite brand had issues with high heat (according to the vendor who sold me my old lights). But please think about your opposing traffic; you are solving your visibility problem by creating visibility issue for many others
Old 25th March 2016, 13:07   #183
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
But please think about your opposing traffic; you are solving your visibility problem by creating visibility issue for many others
I only intend to use the lights during rains, night driving on 4 lane highways and low visibility conditions without causing any trouble to oncoming traffic.

Pardon my ignorance - Do the 55W stock bulbs come with Hella Rallye 500 FF set?
Old 25th March 2016, 17:11   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
I only intend to use the lights during rains, night driving on 4 lane highways and low visibility conditions without causing any trouble to oncoming traffic.

Pardon my ignorance - Do the 55W stock bulbs come with Hella Rallye 500 FF set?
Yes the set comes with all what you need - Wiring+bulbs+switch+Relay+2 lamps+ caps
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 05:33   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got the below pair of Auxiliary lights from one of the ads within team BHP and very satisfied with its look and light throw.
Your light's throw and brightness is excellent , can you share vendor details and prices that you paid.
Old 1st April 2016, 09:29   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Your light's throw and brightness is excellent , can you share vendor details and prices that you paid.
I got these lights of a listing in team BHP (listing still active) and paid Rs22,900 for the pair. There is also a facebook page for the company called HID Driving Lights where he sells other brands like Hella and handheld HID lights. He said he only deals with HID and Halogen lights and not in LED light or light bars.Good Luck
Raikkonen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 06:08   #187
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a Skoda Rapid 2012 model with halogen reflectors and halogen lamps. I recently upgraded to Philips 90/100 rally bulbs & fogs to 55w osram H11 night breakers. Overall, not satisfied with the throw (the spread is there, though). Looking at this thread, I am beginning t believe that Skoda Rapid reflectors are designed for spread and not throw (am I correct here?). I need a good throw with good spread . What are my options? Also, how do I mount the lamps onto the skoda rapid grille? It is all plastic!
Old 25th May 2016, 09:20   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andescondor View Post
Hi All,

I have a Skoda Rapid 2012 model with halogen reflectors and halogen lamps. I recently upgraded to Philips 90/100 rally bulbs & fogs to 55w osram H11 night breakers. Overall, not satisfied with the throw (the spread is there, though). Looking at this thread, I am beginning t believe that Skoda Rapid reflectors are designed for spread and not throw (am I correct here?). I need a good throw with good spread . What are my options? Also, how do I mount the lamps onto the skoda rapid grille? It is all plastic!
You need to fabricate a pair of good clamps and mount them on the cross bar in front of the radiator. The cross bar can be accessed by removing the front bumper. Do not mount the lights directly on the bumper, it would shear off.
Old 25th May 2016, 14:27   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
You need to fabricate a pair of good clamps and mount them on the cross bar in front of the radiator. The cross bar can be accessed by removing the front bumper. Do not mount the lights directly on the bumper, it would shear off.
Thank you. Do you know of any good place in Bangalore that can do this. Please advise. Also, what kind of driving lamps would you suggest.
Old 25th May 2016, 15:03   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Do you know of any good place in Bangalore that can do this. Please advise. Also, what kind of driving lamps would you suggest.
I am not aware of anyone from Bangalore since I am in Pune. Regarding which lights, you can go for ones made by Hella. It all depends on your budget.
Old 9th June 2016, 05:42   #191
BHPian

Quote:
If you are after Spot lighting - then you have to have Aux lamps. The choice of Aux lamps is obviously dictated by your budget. But for a SKODA, a 7 inch light rather than a 5 inch light is probably a right fit in my opinion. Then you have the option of whether to go for 100W halogen or 35W, 55W HID. The HID's are expensive though but gives you the best spot throw. Light Force is the best option, followed by Hella and then by KC Hilites, FLYRYT's etc. Look up whether you have something in Team BHP classifieds - sometimes you may get lucky.
Raikkonen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 00:11   #192
BHPian

Auxiliary Lamps-img_3421.jpg

This is my 2008 Toyota Innova. It has 100/90 Hella H4 bulbs with relay kit inside the main headlamps, Philips Rallye HB3 bulbs inside the OE foglamps.

Above is a pair of Hella Rallye 3003 driving lights with 55w OE bulbs and below is a pair of Neolite fog lights with 100w Hella bulbs and Philips relay kit.

Together there is not a single dark spot in front of the car.
Asta_la_vista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 05:42   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta_la_vista View Post
Attachment 1550594

This is my 2008 Toyota Innova. It has 100/90 Hella H4 bulbs with relay kit inside the main headlamps, Philips Rallye HB3 bulbs inside the OE foglamps.

Above is a pair of Hella Rallye 3003 driving lights with 55w OE bulbs and below is a pair of Neolite fog lights with 100w Hella bulbs and Philips relay kit.

Why dont you try installing 55w HIDs on the 3003 and neo lites. Then you can safely step down from the 100w set up on the main HL and the Neolites hereby reducing the load on the alternator .
PS- can you post a pic with all the lights ON during the night time?
Old 4th September 2016, 09:56   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta_la_vista View Post
Attachment 1550594

Thats 550+ watts of light. Ever Imagined what a driver from the other side will feel when subjected to this flood of light? You probably should drive against your own vehicle to experience that.
Old 4th September 2016, 12:05   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Why dont you try installing 55w HIDs on the 3003 and neo lites. Then you can safely step down from the 100w set up on the main HL and the Neolites hereby reducing the load on the alternator
I tried the 55w HIDs from Osram In my Neolites and came back dissatisfied!!! I don't know why but I was unable to focus the fog lights to the ground with the HID setup. I tried adjusting the bulbs inside still the spread was focused directly to the eyes of the oncoming vehicles' drivers. So switched back to the normal 100w with relay setup. Will try the HID setup in my 3003 and let you know!!!

Quote:
PS- can you post a pic with all the lights ON during the night time?
I am unable to spare time at the night right now. Will definitely post a pic and tag you within a week.

Quote:
Thats 550+ watts of light. Ever Imagined what a driver from the other side will feel when subjected to this flood of light? You probably should drive against your own vehicle to experience that.
I never drive with all the lights on. Will switch the lights in a combination which will suite the requirements.

1. Inside city - Low beams with OE fogs.
2. Highways - High/Low beams with OE fogs and Rallye 3003 Driving lights.
3. Low-visibility areas - High/Low beams with OE fogs and Neolite Fog lights.

Cheers

Prasanth Krishnan
Asta_la_vista is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks