Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2010, 16:37   #316
Senior - BHPian

In this case, even the same products from Xenos' stable can be imported by others. It seems one needs to look very carefully to determine the authenticity. Hope Turtle doesn't get spoiled by fakes like F1 did.
Old 22nd May 2010, 16:46   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Can anybody suggest which Vaccum cleaner to buy, either a cigarette lighter powered or an electric powered one. Am a little confused about the power of the lighter one.
If you have access to a power outlet in your garage you can look at a electric one (i assume you mean a household one). But for cars the cig lighter vacuum works very well and is also convenient from design point of view. I have been happily using Black & Decker for the last 7-8 years. Recently replaced the old one by a new one from EBay. They do the job well.

Regards
Old 22nd May 2010, 16:50   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
In this case, even the same products from Xenos' stable can be imported by others. It seems one needs to look very carefully to determine the authenticity. Hope Turtle doesn't get spoiled by fakes like F1 did.

Yes, the same product can be imported. But if its a product that Xenos is marketing then I would recommend this one over the direct import.

I think F1 sells more than Turtle and so its more economical to make F1 fakes. But in any case, one must be extra cautious and lucky
Old 22nd May 2010, 22:18   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Yes, the same product can be imported. But if its a product that Xenos is marketing then I would recommend this one over the direct import.

I think F1 sells more than Turtle and so its more economical to make F1 fakes. But in any case, one must be extra cautious and lucky
You're perfectly correct. Waxpol being a wonderful product has no fakes in my opinion, a perfect case where lack of interest in the packaging aspect played well.
Old 22nd May 2010, 23:26   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You're perfectly correct. Waxpol being a wonderful product has no fakes in my opinion, a perfect case where lack of interest in the packaging aspect played well.
Yes true, but at the same time, not many people would say that Waxpol is a great product. Sure our fathers & forefathers may agree, but come down to our generation, & even we did not know till some time back what capabilities Waxpol has. At the same time, most of us still agree that it's a pain to 'waxpol' our cars

It's also to do with what the market has in demand as 'benzinblut' stated. F1 was the most common & easily available brand since long & not just regular people, even enthusiasts vouched for it. The packaging helped, & people who were out there to do business set up one to manufacture fake F1. I am sure if Turtle or any other brand had been doing as well, they would have replicated them as well.

Well, let's just hope that we can get decent & genuine stuff to pamper our rides.

Plus, out of my experience in Chandigarh, I would say that the different brands I could see in Chandigarh, they are nowhere to be seen in Delhi (Gurgaon is a distant dream). I found Eagle One, Mothers, Turtle (Chandigarh is where I bought these first), Mr.Metal & many more.

Thanks.
Old 23rd May 2010, 18:07   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Yes true, but at the same time, not many people would say that Waxpol is a great product. Sure our fathers & forefathers may agree, but come down to our generation, & even we did not know till some time back what capabilities Waxpol has. At the same time, most of us still agree that it's a pain to 'waxpol' our cars

It's also to do with what the market has in demand as 'benzinblut' stated. F1 was the most common & easily available brand since long & not just regular people, even enthusiasts vouched for it. The packaging helped, & people who were out there to do business set up one to manufacture fake F1. I am sure if Turtle or any other brand had been doing as well, they would have replicated them as well.

Well, let's just hope that we can get decent & genuine stuff to pamper our rides.

Plus, out of my experience in Chandigarh, I would say that the different brands I could see in Chandigarh, they are nowhere to be seen in Delhi (Gurgaon is a distant dream). I found Eagle One, Mothers, Turtle (Chandigarh is where I bought these first), Mr.Metal & many more.

Thanks.
Prakhar, Eagle One and Turtle are easily available in New Delhi, the former being more visible. Mothers is no where to be seen for now. What products from Mother's stable were available in Chandigarh?
Old 23rd May 2010, 18:52   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Prakhar, Eagle One and Turtle are easily available in New Delhi, the former being more visible. Mothers is no where to be seen for now. What products from Mother's stable were available in Chandigarh?
Hey Tanveer, it's a relief actually that Eagle One & Turtle are available around here easily as I plan to stay here for some time now

But maybe my experience of limited availability has got to do with the size of Delhi & my limited search in a few select areas. But what I can remember out of my hunts in Gurgaon & a few select areas in South Delhi, most shop-keepers had F1 & Waxpol products. Some were aware though, but they didn't have anything from the companies aforementioned.

As for the particular product I had bought, it was a wax, some synthetic or silicon based wax (not Carnauba wax). I had bought Eagle One's NanoWax, TurtleWax, liquid F1 carnauba & spray tyre shine from F1 along with it. I am sorry for not being able to recall the exact name of that product, although the can was an almost red colour (not a proper red).

Thanks.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 23rd May 2010 at 18:54.
Old 23rd May 2010, 22:53   #323
BHPian

Quote:
I found Eagle One, Mothers, Turtle (Chandigarh is where I bought these first), Mr.Metal & many more.Thanks.
Hello! Plz do mention the name of Retail outlet!I will go and check out products!
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:07   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Hello! Plz do mention the name of Retail outlet!I will go and check out products!
Hey Gill, I do not remember the shop name, it was more like window shopping & then giving into buying all this stuff listed above. Although, these products have been shopped for at various shops in Manimajra, these are shops opposite to FR, & there's one authentic retailer for 3M products by the name of Param Enterprises.

Also there are many shops in Sec.-22, you can check them out & have a look as to who has got what.

The above places have been mentioned after a good experience with the products bought from these places.

Hope this helped.

Regards.
Old 26th May 2010, 19:46   #325
BHPian

Quote:
creating a fake waxpol is not financially viable option - given the fact that it's a solid and wax based and is cheap in comparison almost half the price of with other wax polishes (f1, TW) plus there are not as many buyers for waxpol tin as for other waxes plus the fact the manufacturing and packaging is indian not imported
Old 27th May 2010, 22:33   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Gill, I do not remember the shop name, it was more like window shopping & then giving into buying all this stuff listed above. Although, these products have been shopped for at various shops in Manimajra, these are shops opposite to FR, & there's one authentic retailer for 3M products by the name of Param Enterprises.

Also there are many shops in Sec.-22, you can check them out & have a look as to who has got what.

The above places have been mentioned after a good experience with the products bought from these places.

Hope this helped.

Regards.
Today, checked out Sec-22(Mkt facing sec-17,aroma and kiran side), I wasn't able to locate the retailers for car care products.
Shall check out manimajra on saturday.
Old 5th July 2010, 11:04   #327
Senior - BHPian

Reliance Autozone(?) are keeping Turtle wax. But they had not uploaded the details as such yesterday. So wont sell. . Asked me to come back on wednesday to buy the same.
Old 10th July 2010, 18:07   #328
Senior - BHPian

Turtle Wax@reliance Autozone

Got the thing today.
Rs 240

Here are some snaps.
Apologies for quality of snaps
Attached Thumbnails
Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-10072010001.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-10072010002.jpg  

Huge Fake Car Polish/Wax market in India-10072010.jpg  

Old 29th July 2010, 13:32   #329
BHPian

Hey Guys,

A couple of days ago I was at Metro Car Detailing (Near Gottigere, Bangalore) for getting my car washed after a few drives around Wet bangalore roads.

I was discussing New-Car Upkeep with the owner of this place (since the car wash guy does a Bad job with the regular cleaning). He said that I can get Carnauba Water Soluble wax, make a water solution out of it, spray on everyday and clean it with a Soft cloth (or those micro-fibre gloves). From what I read in the Aesthetics thread and here, Waxing is required only after 2-3 months or so, but that is for hard-wax (i guess). He was sure that such a product can be used daily, it will not harm the car or paint, its doesn't require buffing for hours etc.

He suggested this as an alternate to having someone else clean my car unsatisfactorily. So I wanted to check with you guy if such a product exists? If yes then what brands are good for this Water-Soluble wax? and if it indeed can be used daily with desired results?

P.S: He suggested getting this from BVK Iyengar Road, since I'll get genuine stuff at good prices...

Last edited by Zenster : 29th July 2010 at 13:34.
Old 29th July 2010, 14:05   #330
Senior - BHPian

Products such as 'Wash and wax'(TW Zip Wax car wash) contains water soluble waxes.

Its for those who dont have time for dedicated waxing. Not to mention, a Wash n Wax's Wax coat will last like a week or even less in case its exposed to sun most of the time.

I would recommend dedicated car wash and wax solutions.

Also, a spray wax for when you need your car waxed in a hurry.(Eagle one's Nanowax spray is quite good)

Just remember, no locally available wax in Indian conditions can last a month!!(my observation)

Dunno about waxpol, but I wouldn't try that stuff!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks