Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2006, 18:45   #256
BHPian

Hey people, this is my first post!
I also have the Philips Crystal Vision installed in my Honda City and as most of you already know it, they suck! My headlamps have lost power due to age. I had thought these bulbs will improve power (or so as they claim) I was so disappointed, only good thing is that the white light is nice. I have the same while light for my H1 fog lamps so they both look good.
What I want to know is that how much does one pay for the Blue Vision 100/90 in Delhi and where to get the ceramic holder + cut out + electronic relay etc from? Is there anything to keep in mind when buying these other things? Will the relay have any capacity or rating?

By the way, I think the Crystal Vision works really well with the new Santro Zing, they do increase the power for sure!
Old 16th October 2006, 19:08   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist
how much did the 130/100's cost you and do you have change the wiring

I think the MRP on the Philips 100/130 = 299 INR / piece. The accessory guys will charge less, just get it from a trusted source.

The bulbs +cutout should set you back by 8-900 INR. Dont know if any other mods were needed for the swift... I doubt it.

I guess you should go for the ceramic holders too...
Old 16th October 2006, 22:51   #258
BHPian

I also have the Philips Crystal Vision installed in my Honda City and as most of you already know it, they suck! My headlamps have lost power due to age. I had thought these bulbs will improve power (or so as they claim) I was so disappointed, only good thing is that the white light is nice. I have the same while light for my H1 fog lamps so they both look good.
What I want to know is that how much does one pay for the Blue Vision 100/90 in Delhi and where to get the ceramic holder + cut out + electronic relay etc from? Is there anything to keep in mind when buying these other things? Will the relay have any capacity or rating?

By the way, I think the Crystal Vision works really well with the new Santro Zing, they do increase the power for sure!
Old 17th October 2006, 09:22   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist
Hey Vikram,

how much did the 130/100's cost you and do you have change the wiring or anything in the swift headlight console to get these lights in.. do let me know
Hey anarchist the 130/100 costed me about 400-500 bucks. Dont remember exactly now. Yes I had to add a new wiring kit as the stock head lamp holders cannot withstand the temperature of these bulbs and also a relay is needed which was a part of the wiring kit. The wiring kit was Roots make with a ceramic holder. Apart from that no change. Plus I have kept the stock wiring as it is. So if anytime I want to switch back to stock bulbs I can.
Old 17th October 2006, 09:24   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja

Ankit - a complete kit from Roots is available which has everything the holder, cutout, relay and all necessary wiring.
Old 17th October 2006, 12:09   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d
Hey anarchist the 130/100 costed me about 400-500 bucks. Dont remember exactly now. Yes I had to add a new wiring kit as the stock head lamp holders cannot withstand the temperature of these bulbs and also a relay is needed which was a part of the wiring kit. The wiring kit was Roots make with a ceramic holder. Apart from that no change. Plus I have kept the stock wiring as it is. So if anytime I want to switch back to stock bulbs I can.
Would you suggest 130/100 or the 100/90 one. and also where can I get this done in Bangalore?.
Old 17th October 2006, 15:28   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia2
Sumit,

Philips 100/90 Blue Vision is the way to go. I have it on my Octavia after having tried out atleast two other models.

Thanks,
-P.
Hey!!!!

I am not that keen about blue vision.... How good is crystal vision???? Also let me know how will it affect my fog lamps... Will it look out of sync... or do I need to change them also....
Old 17th October 2006, 16:26   #263
BANNED

Guys, before you fit any blue lights, please know that blue is the colour that disperses most in the night, as it gets absorbed by the surrounding blackness and the road.

Blue only looks good. It does absolutely nothing for better visibility and in fact gives lesser visibility than yellow or white bulbs of the same wattage.
Old 17th October 2006, 17:10   #264
BHPian

I totally agree with you..... That is one reason I want to stick to yellow lights only.. My only concern is the heat radiation.... Under any circumstances I don't want to damage my headlamp reflectors.... Give some suggestions Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 18th October 2006, 00:08   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitdongerkery
Hey!!!!

I am not that keen about blue vision.... How good is crystal vision???? Also let me know how will it affect my fog lamps... Will it look out of sync... or do I need to change them also....

Hey i just got the crystal vision lamps fiited on my 1.9 Rider a few weeks back. They performance is decent for city driving i feel (dont no about highway driving, not ventured out to test them) and also a lot of members on this thread have raised concerns about its performance in the rains...But that should not bother you for a next couple of months..Regarding your query of your foglamps looking out of place, the guy i bought my bulbs from told me that a replacement from philips was due for the foglamp bulbs as well....But for the time being they dont look all that bad
Old 18th October 2006, 10:08   #266
BHPian

Hi Milin!!!!!

I am quite satisfied with my lights withing city limits.... My concerns are with highway driving only
Old 18th October 2006, 10:23   #267
BHPian

Sumit,

I have tried 100/90 blue vision on highway and city - they are awesome. All premium lights in my understanding including xenons are close to the blue spectrum so I would not worry too much on that front. The increased intensity should easily compensate for the loss, if any.

Thanks,
-P.
Old 18th October 2006, 14:31   #268
Senior - BHPian

@anarchist - dude I recommend 90/100. I have 130/100 on my swift very good night time visibility but use them at your own risk.

@ everybody else - blue lights are absolutely worthless during rains and on highways. in the blinding lights of oncoming traffic you cannot see anything. the regular yellow bulbs are 100 times better
Old 18th October 2006, 14:35   #269
BHPian

Goglamp saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by milin
Hey i just got the crystal vision lamps fiited on my 1.9 Rider a few weeks back. They performance is decent for city driving i feel (dont no about highway driving, not ventured out to test them) and also a lot of members on this thread have raised concerns about its performance in the rains...But that should not bother you for a next couple of months..Regarding your query of your foglamps looking out of place, the guy i bought my bulbs from told me that a replacement from philips was due for the foglamp bulbs as well....But for the time being they dont look all that bad
I got my fog lamp bulbs changed to a Xenon brand (I think its chinese) that match with the Crystal Vision. They are much better than the actual crystal vision though
Old 19th October 2006, 17:53   #270

I would suggest Xenon HID's. They are not as expensive, and the output's excellent.

I've got the HID's on my Optra H7 and H1 and they costed me 8 K a pair imported from E-Bay. They work excellent and visibility is much much better than the fillament - high wattage bulbs.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks