Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 23:30   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I'll post the pic but gimme some time, i don't have a digicam, either i need to find a friend who has one or i'll have to take the pic in my camera and wait till i finish the roll. I'll post the pic within a week.

I paid 45k for this beauty. Friends told me it's a bit on the higher side, but after seeing a couple of other old models for 35k and 28k i guess this is worth it. A few rupees more could have got me the IInd model car, but i thought it's best to own a nice clean dent free old model rather than a battered new type.
Hi Sankar I had a1985 old shape DX model with factory fitted AC and tinted glasses I brought the car very cheap in 1989 for 73000/- ,the car was in exelent condition with only 18500kms done on it, owner wated to go for new shape maruti. The AC was the best I have seen in a small car till now, they used to fix a large sized compressor in it and the cooling was as good as getting frozen in it. Only porblem I used to face was that a circular engine mounting in the center used to break very often and at later stage it bcame difficult to get them after new shape came. It had best brightly illuminated speedo and fuel/temp guages which is rare to find in todays cars,both warning red lights on them were also well lit and large in size. It had imported Koito sealed beam head lights and stanley tail and indicator lights,I travelled to my hometown ROPAR in punjab from Mumbai in it without a single problem,I had kept the car in original stock condition even the door mirror was original small one all door garnish pattis were intact and above all car was in original paint without even a touchupjob. When in the year 1994 I booked a Maruti1000 I had to sell this masterpiece since I had no parking space for two cars, I still repent that I should have parked it on the road instead of parking it in the compound but NOT SOLD IT OFF.Sad part of the story is that it was sold to a Mumbai resident and now almost 15 years later also I have not seen her on road.
Old 6th May 2009, 23:40   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
hey man congrats on the car. even i bought a 1985 red colour some time back. about the mods not really having a idea about the same. i have kept it stock. was completly stripped and all and restored again as well. this is the 5th maruti 800 i have owned. 3 of the same kind. heres a pic of it.

Hi Sankar yours is not a DX model as the seat covers are of non AC model also dash board photo shows only fan speed knob. as for the speedometer being defective it is available in chor bazar or CST Road in Mumbai, get it instead of repairing it.it would be cheaper and the reading will be accurate .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks