Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 01:41   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Vikram, if you had the assistance of a "qualified" engineer who has done years and years of R&D on your engine using some of the best manufacturer assist tools, trust me your engine would not have blown like it did today on track day.
This is over here but since you think you know everything I would like to inform you that I did not blow the engine. I thought I did but thankfully that turned out to be a false alarm. I had excess oil in the engine due to a miscalculation. More details about the nature of problems that I had on track can be found on the Track Day thread.

Last edited by vikram_d : 6th April 2009 at 01:45.
Old 6th April 2009, 02:42   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
I agree. But I also see no point in putting out such info because no one else apart from Jitu seems to be sharing stuff about his mods here. Everyone wants to keep things a secret. The day you start to share details about your builds, probably post pics of the headwork you do like some other tuners do on other forums, you can ask me the same question and I shall oblige.
Sir we shall be much obliged if you can share the information available with you. As for mods I have not done any major builds for anyone since your fiacsco, have been happy with my cars. I am but a person who tries to get his hands dirty for the love of car's unlike a business venture that others have.

Quote:
Yes, the company has already reached its limits. Thus the advise from their tech team.
Sameel has already confirmed that.

Quote:
If it was just a suggestion, then I don't see a reason why you are getting so worked up. You said P&P, I said its best not done on that engine. Topic close?
Well you love having the last word everytime so be it.

Quote:
Keshav, I am in no way qualified to guide anyone. My forte is to drive the car to the best of my abilities and give feedback. My only point is, when I said that engine could not be at its best if P&P is done you were the one who came with a counter argument comparing it to the Mitsu engines.
Hence a request to retain your inputs to driving skills if you feel you are so qualified and give feedback.

My comparision if you read properly was to the statement that Hyundai designs the engines. The link only said that they primarily use Mitsu engines for petrols and you had already mentioned that they use detroit diesels for their de\iesel engined cars.

Quote:
Keshav, infact the last time you decided to stop posting, I got some of the mods calling me up asking me to say sorry to you so that you can start posting. I don't have any issues if you are on or not on the forum. Infact, I myself very rarely log in these days.
I had medical and career reasons to stay off the forum period.

Quote:
Seriously, I don't know why are you taking this personal. You suggested P&P, I suggested what I heard from the R&D team from the engine manufacturers. I tried to keep it technical, but you want to give a personal angle to it.

You started posting similarities to Mitsu engines, agreed most Hyundai petrols share the same modelling as the Mitsu's, but you are yet to answer if the CRDi engine is also modelled on the Mitsu platform. Lets keep this discussion technical shall we?
I leave the taking personal part of this story to the BHPian's

Quote:
As for the talking to you bit, I have found out so much of stuff about how you could have avoided my baleno fiasco if you for once put your ego of DIY ahead of your customers woos I probably would not have ended up here today. That said, all that happened is my past. I have forgotten whats happened, lets keep it that way. Kindly stop taking everything from a personal angle.
Did I ever talk about your car?

Quote:
Vikram, if you had the assistance of a "qualified" engineer who has done years and years of R&D on your engine using some of the best manufacturer assist tools, trust me your engine would not have blown like it did today on track day.

If I had it my way, I would surely mod my engine from the company itself (for eg a manufacturer sponsored drag/rally car). For they will have the most technically advanced tools that no tuner atleast in India can get their hands on.
And I hear the car drove down to Bangalore on its own power with both the passengers. And wasnt that below the belt and completely off topic to try and give some boost to your statements till now. About time you stopped using bits and pieces of information making your own story line more stronger.

Quote:
Your theory on P&P can be gotten through googling. But I have already explained what the people who have designed this engine had to say.
What isn't found on Google today? And I would seriously like the name of the engineer who designed it and how you know him. Am assuming he is a Korean (as you mentioned that it is designed by Hyundai) living a peaceful life there.

Quote:
Getting back to topic, Satya's car clocked an impressive 2:17 secs on the MMST long loop when tested on the Vbox. It wont be far, when the Vbox testings for accelaration and deceleration figures are posted here.
Good timing Satya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
This is over here but since you think you know everything I would like to inform you that I did not blow the engine. I thought I did but thankfully that turned out to be a false alarm. I had excess oil in the engine due to a miscalculation. More details about the nature of problems that I had on track can be found on the Track Day thread.
Sorry am not supporting my build but I really dont see the need to explain anything to people who seem to know it all already.

Last edited by Psycho : 6th April 2009 at 02:44.
Old 6th April 2009, 13:24   #108
Senior - BHPian

GUYS - GIVE IT A REST!

We can clearly see two camps here - please take it elsewhere!

'I' am 'yet' to see a successfully modded - RELIABLE - daily driver. And neither have I seen any of the tuners willing to stand by their builds (as in standing guarantee / paying for the screw ups!). In the absence of both I think Raj is going about this the best way possible !

This is a thread about Raj's build - lets talk only about that! And while we are on the subject - he is free to take his advice from anyone he chooses to - lets not try and prove anything / discredit anyone here! (and if one goes post by post its clear who 'started' it!)

Share knowledge/information - lets keep people/personalities out of it!

EDIT : @ Vikram D -

White smoke out of the engine bay - that sounds like serious damage - are you sure the engine is fine after all that? Admire your courage in driving back in it!

Last edited by kb100 : 6th April 2009 at 13:40.
Old 6th April 2009, 14:35   #109
BHPian

Hey rajeev, read thru' this thread and feel really excited to see the mods that's in the pipeline for you. I think I really need to drive your beast now,
next time I meet you. (Sorry can't manage any night meets--> "quick bangy meets"!)
BTW, what happens to the pete's box which you showed on the last Tbhp meet at GA, Sarjapur? Are you throwing it--> if yes, then let me know the place where you are dumping it, I should be there to pick it up.

(OT: I wanted to call you after the last meet, but could not as I did not have your number. Infact vijay (maverick) also doesn't have your number. Kindly PM me, if you can!)
Old 6th April 2009, 14:42   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
'I' am 'yet' to see a successfully modded - RELIABLE - daily driver. And neither have I seen any of the tuners willing to stand by their builds (as in standing guarantee / paying for the screw ups!). In the absence of both I think Raj is going about this the best way possible !
I think you got that spot on. Except Sameel, none of the other guys on this thread have any idea what they are talking about.

Since RELIABILITY is a key factor, I suggest people dont dish out Google search results as authenticated advise. You can post links to Google search results, but please dont insist that is the right way to do it.

What has been done to the car has mostly been baby steps, the electronic way. And I believe that is the right way to do this if you dont want blown engines.

Keshav, Vikram was one of the last of the guys with a reliable car, but even he seems to be having issues with pushing the car. From the track day thread, it seems that he was not able to push the car on track for more than a few laps. Raj, and the rest of us push our cars for hours at a stretch, there really is no point in suggesting mods which will make these also 10 minute wonders?
Old 6th April 2009, 14:57   #111
BHPian

Quote:
'I' am 'yet' to see a successfully modded - RELIABLE - daily driver.
Arrey yaar, how many times have I asked you to come to Chennai. I have 2 of the above (touchwood) in my garage.
Old 6th April 2009, 14:57   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Keshav, Vikram was one of the last of the guys with a reliable car, but even he seems to be having issues with pushing the car. From the track day thread, it seems that he was not able to push the car on track for more than a few laps.
Would you guys please stop talking about my car when you guys don't even know what is wrong with it. This is seriously over here. I am reporting some of the previous posts for deletion, including mine & Keshav's. If you have any problems with that then please take it up with the mods.

I will be putting up the list of problems I had on track on my turbo thread and explain what has happened. You can read about them there.

EDit: I wonder why Satya's car only did 4 - 5 laps on track. Is that a 10 minute wonder also? Pushing a car on a highway and on a track are two completely different things. Driving fast on a highway is different from red lining the car in every possible gear on a track. So please I request you to not even compare these two things over here.

Last edited by vikram_d : 6th April 2009 at 15:08.
Old 6th April 2009, 15:06   #113
Senior - BHPian

Well this does it for me have kept quiet for too long if I get banned so be it.

Quote:
GUYS - GIVE IT A REST!
We can clearly see two camps here - please take it elsewhere!
There are no camps you are the one making it up

Quote:
Well no one has yet said that he is on the wrong path or that he is doing anything wrong. We were just discussing other options and I mentioned a few. And if you have problems with reliability after mods please don't mod your car. I would strongly reccomend this to all on this forum.

Quote:
This is a thread about Raj's build - lets talk only about that! And while we are on the subject - he is free to take his advice from anyone he chooses to - lets not try and prove anything / discredit anyone here! (and if one goes post by post its clear who 'started' it!)

Share knowledge/information - lets keep people/personalities out of it!
Look who is talking a guy who walks into this thread making a smart alec comment like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100;
Originally Posted by vikram_d
I wonder if you consulted a Maruti engineer when you ported & polished your head.

Guess he learnt!
And then talks about not discrediting anyone.

Quote:
I think you got that spot on. Except Sameel, none of the other guys on this thread have any idea what they are talking about.
Can I please know when you have modded any car other than the electronic ones that you have done yourself on your car. To even say one know more or not?

Quote:
Since RELIABILITY is a key factor, I suggest people dont dish out Google search results as authenticated advise. You can post links to Google search results, but please dont insist that is the right way to do it.
This is coming from a person who has pointed me himself to russian sites for free vag remaps and hacks. I wonder how you found them? And I also remember you asking me if there was any one who was willing to try them.

Quote:
What has been done to the car has mostly been baby steps, the electronic way. And I believe that is the right way to do this if you dont want blown engines.
Yes that is one way and I am willing to accept it, but it too has its downsides.

Quote:
Keshav, Vikram was one of the last of the guys with a reliable car, but even he seems to be having issues with pushing the car. From the track day thread, it seems that he was not able to push the car on track for more than a few laps. Raj, and the rest of us push our cars for hours at a stretch, there really is no point in suggesting mods which will make these also 10 minute wonders?
Ever heard the statement: "My car is my business" Just like you don't like people digging into your build I suggest that you leave other out on this thread.

If Vikram has a problem he has every right to reach out to me. But I would like to seriously ask what allows any of you to make generic accusations without any baseline information.

I do not believe that you are Gods with the mods you are doing and neither do I believe that I am one. Have learn't my ropes on my own cars just as you elantra boys have done. But that does not mean that come in and wipe the slate clean with any statement that you like to make.

Today for the first time on this forum I shall and will stand out and say openly that Rahul and the Elantra team have biased opinions on this forum and have used this forum for their personal needs as they pleased. They have and are continuing to use threads to mal-align "ME" for what intentions I don't care and I know they will continue to do so.

Mods: You are most welcome to take whatever action that pleases you here even banning me I really don't care.

Last edited by Psycho : 6th April 2009 at 15:26.
Old 6th April 2009, 15:15   #114
BHPian

Coming back to the topic, where are you guys sourcing your parts from? Greddy Profec and intercoolers?
Old 6th April 2009, 15:17   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Arrey yaar, how many times have I asked you to come to Chennai. I have 2 of the above (touchwood) in my garage.
and we in Mumbai have a few reliable modded cars as well.

Quote:
White smoke out of the engine bay - that sounds like serious damage - are you sure the engine is fine after all that? Admire your courage in driving back in it! [/i]
it all depends as to the extent of the white smoke and the circumstances. in some instances like when you take you car to a car wash the white smoke is just steam evaporating of the engine. on the other hand if water has gotten into the cylinder....ouch! or it could simply be a blown head gasket.

was there a smell of anything buring?
Old 6th April 2009, 15:27   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
was there a smell of anything buring?
No there was no smell of anything burning.

And Navin while you are here could you please delete all the off topic posts.
Old 6th April 2009, 15:47   #117
Team-BHP Support

Vikram I'd love to do that but I dont know enough about the thread. I'll let a more acomplished Mod do that.
Old 6th April 2009, 16:21   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Can I please know when you have modded any car other than the electronic ones that you have done yourself on your car. To even say one know more or not?
The point Keshav is that you have not modded any CRDi engine internals, yet. Neither have I.

While I do not go around insisting that what I am suggesting is correct, you do that. Which is bad, and dangerous for these cars, which have been doing so well over long distances. Of course, I am judging based on past performance of your cars, from the forum, and outside.

Quote:
This is coming from a person who has pointed me himself to russian sites for free vag remaps and hacks. I wonder how you found them? And I also remember you asking me if there was any one who was willing to try them.
You also know that I have the KWP 2000 Plus, and maps for the Elantra. But, that was not meant to be public until I try it out myself, and convince myself that I have any clue about what I am talking. Get the point?
Old 6th April 2009, 16:25   #119
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Would you guys please stop talking about my car when you guys don't even know what is wrong with it.
Boss, the stories of your blown engine came from within your gang, some of whom I have never met before. They were the ones talking about you having blown your engine because of some spark plug problem. So go figure. I just saw your exhaust belching out white smoke like a F1 car normally would.

Quote:
EDit: I wonder why Satya's car only did 4 - 5 laps on track. Is that a 10 minute wonder also? Pushing a car on a highway and on a track are two completely different things. Driving fast on a highway is different from red lining the car in every possible gear on a track. So please I request you to not even compare these two things over here.
Vikram! Either you were too busy sorting out issues with your own car or you are plain blind. I myself did around 10 laps on the elantra flat out with theVBOX hooked on. Rishi will soon post the graph figures. You can see the timings for yourself. After that Satya took the car out for 3-4 laps. After that I went out for another 4 laps with the boost controller on. So I suggset you get your facts right.

Quote:
Well this does it for me have kept quiet for too long if I get banned so be it.
Ya! Go on Keshav.

Quote:
There are no camps you are the one making it up
Sorry I beg to differ. It was you, vikram and the rest of your boys who started this groupism with the Yelagiri drive by boycotting the meet just because you had some personal problem with me.

Quote:
Well no one has yet said that he is on the wrong path or that he is doing anything wrong. We were just discussing other options and I mentioned a few. And if you have problems with reliability after mods please don't mod your car. I would strongly reccomend this to all on this forum.
Keshav, read your own posts once again. Take some time to read it. You were just trying to prove your point that Hyundai engines are modelled on the Mitsu's and you were trying to justify how its safe to P&P a Hyundai engine all this while. Your statements are totally baseless because we are talking about the diesel engine here, not the petrols.

Quote:
Ever heard the statement: "My car is my business" Just like you don't like people digging into your build I suggest that you leave other out on this thread.
Honestly, none of us have a issue with discussing our builds openly and you see us updating every single mod we do here. But we see no point in giving out valuable info to you lot who cant accept the fact and appreciate when someone else is getting their act right.

Quote:
I do not believe that you are Gods with the mods you are doing and neither do I believe that I am one. Have learn't my ropes on my own cars just as you elantra boys have done. But that does not mean that come in and wipe the slate clean with any statement that you like to make.
There is a difference between you and the Elantra boys as you put it. We haven't yet blown any cars. While you have successfully blown almost every car you have built. And I don't have to prove it, people are aware of almost all your builds now. And some of your experimentations have sadly not been on your cars alone.

Quote:
Today for the first time on this forum I shall and will stand out and say openly that Rahul and the Elantra team have biased opinions on this forum and have used this forum for their personal needs as they pleased. They have and are continuing to use threads to mal-align "ME" for what intentions I don't care and I know they will continue to do so.
Grow up Keshav! The truth is you guys cant seem to digest the fact that the Elantra's are giving your customers a complex by blasting past your modded petrol cars in a puny diesel. You guys cant digest the fact that some of us here are getting our act right and it seems to disturb you lot because your customers are feeling bad when an Elantra overtakes your modded cars and leaves them in the dust. You all just need to chill and work harder on making your cars faster .

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 6th April 2009 at 16:28.
Old 6th April 2009, 16:35   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Boss, the stories of your blown engine came from within your gang, some of whom I have never met before. They were the ones talking about you having blown your engine because of some spark plug problem. So go figure. I just saw your exhaust belching out white smoke like a F1 car normally would.
I am sure you would remember the person who told you this information. Mind sharing his name over here in the same manner you saw it fit to post on the forum that I had blown my engine.

Quote:
Vikram! Either you were too busy sorting out issues with your own car or you are plain blind. I myself did around 10 laps on the elantra flat out with theVBOX hooked on. Rishi will soon post the graph figures. You can see the timings for yourself. After that Satya took the car out for 3-4 laps. After that I went out for another 4 laps with the boost controller on. So I suggset you get your facts right.
OK so you did 18 laps. Sorry for the wrong info I got.

Also where I have ever questioned your timings? Have I said ever that the Satya's car is not fast? I care a damn if it is fast or not as it has nothing to do with me.

And what are you talking about boycotting the Yelagiri drive? We were all there as promised. Were we not? Yes we reached late but we were there.

Last edited by vikram_d : 6th April 2009 at 16:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks