Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 21:57   #1
BHPian

help sprucing up the baleno altura

The altura is nearing 80kms, it's still stock including the paintjob,rims etc.
paintjob including denting,rubbing,touching will commence shortly;I need help with the following aspects.
1-The rear looks bad only because of the horrible looking exhaust pipe, can a chrome one be put, only from the looks perspective, i'm not looking for an increase in performance, no ffe or any such thing, just suggestions to change/make the exhaust pipe look cool.
2-The rear lights are quite a turn off, any options available?
3-Most importantly, the balenos ground clearance is quite a problem,while this topic has been discussed previously,i wanted to point out that it's not as if the car is really low, it's the weirdly shaped pipe that scrapes the ground(i know this has been discussed as well);I wanted to know if there are any side effects/problems if the pipe shape itself is modified, but to me hammering/pinning it up would really solve the problem. Please give me your inputs, thanks.
Old 12th February 2009, 23:51   #2
BHPian

hey sukrit7 .. you can also make use of some suggestions from this thread for your ride http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...no-altura.html
Old 13th February 2009, 00:00   #3
BHPian

Ashwin, please read the question. I'm not looking for general modifications to the car, need help in domains, as listed above. Thanks
Old 13th February 2009, 09:03   #4
BHPian

1. Get an chrome exhaust tip/chrome the end can
2. No options really. If you like smoked lamps try that.
3. High profile tyres.
Old 13th February 2009, 11:37   #5
BHPian

Thanks crazy diablo, how much would the chrome exhaust tip cost?
Modified exhaust pipe to reduce problem of gc, any inputs on that, gurus please?
Old 13th February 2009, 15:20   #6
BHPian

Couple of hundred bucks for a exhaust tip.

You can add a plate where is grounds. In my baleno I remember the part where is ground is protected by additional plating (I think thats the second catcon).
Old 13th February 2009, 17:20   #7
BHPian

You can add a plate where is grounds. I don't get this. I presume you mean adding a sheet of metal underneath.
thanks anyway. What about changing the shape of the pipe itself. That's practical too, imo.
Old 24th February 2009, 11:25   #8
BHPian

The car's going to pandit okhla today for a price quote. Have heard it's expensive but i want a good job.
Guys i plan to make this an ongoing thread, please keep your comments flowing, suggestions ideas. It's a rare car this one and i intend to keep it for long.
I have another question
The bumpers have taken the maximum toll, they'll be scrapped and painted or i'll buy new ones. Presuming i don't get the whole body painted, just a brush up and touches here and there, how will the paint match. The body paint in most places is in good quality so i don't see the point of getting the whole thing done.
Any other good place in south delhi?
Also need someone for a good thorough interior cleaning? recommendations?
Few changes to be made in the audio dept by driven.
Next job, chrome tailpipe & alloys.
More later. @5 to pandit.
Old 24th February 2009, 18:11   #9
BHPian

Pandits quote - Rs 60,000 for dent and paint.
The search continues, any places u guys would recommend.
Old 24th February 2009, 18:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Why not try Arush's Autopsyche? Ask for a Team-BHP discount while you're at it
Old 24th February 2009, 19:30   #11
BHPian

gurgaon isn't going to be easy for me, something south delhi would be more convenient.
I like the car a lot, the only problem is it's done 80k almost, spending that amount makes me wonder about whether it's worth it or not. N then i wouldn't be able to afford the alloys.
Pandit & co said that the rear bumper of the altura would cost 12k, since it's a cbu, but the bumper of the sedan and the station wagon are the same, can someone help me out here?
Checking out a few shops in defence colony tomorrow, even mass i'll ask for a qoute.

Another issue- car does a lot of trips to the hills etc and the trips aren't the cleanest for the car atleast, is it worth spending 60k kind of amount.
Old 24th February 2009, 20:21   #12
BHPian

Hi Sukrit,I own a Baleno Altura as well.Rear bumper is different from sedan and really cost 12000.If its not badly torn or broken,just scratched and dented,get it repaired.If you plan to fix new bumper get it painted from maruti.They charge Rs 2800 for it.If you prefer to get this bumper repaired,then no use spending even this much.You can easily get it painted at local shops for 1200.
Regarding tail-pipe,I never had any issue.As I know,its stainless steel and very well fitted.When the car scraps speed-breakers,its not exhaust only.So the solution is increasing GC by putting metal rings at rear struts.
Tail lamps are much better looking than sedan.Just get them buffed and they will look beautiful.
Rubbing and interior cleaning shoudn't cost more than 3000.
For alloys and tyres,don't opt for bigger than 14" and wider than 185.Either get 185/65/14 or put 185/70/13.Any wider,and you will get a slower car.
Hope it help.If you need information about north delhi service centres,feel free to contact.
Old 24th February 2009, 23:06   #13
BHPian

Thankyou sans33, you don't know how good you make me feel, another active baleno altura user is a blessing. If the bumper costs 12k then i'm not getting a new one, i'll manage somehow. Bumpers take a hit sometime or the other anyway so i don't see the point of this investment. South delhi seems expensive & i and dad may settle for a 'decent' job instead of an awesome one. Will contact you if i need help. Thanks.
can u explain buffed tail lamps please ?
Old 24th February 2009, 23:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

Buffing is basically polishing the surface. It basically peels off the scratched topmost layer and you get a clean taillight again.
Old 25th February 2009, 01:29   #15
BHPian

Thanks man; next estimate mass & a place in defense colony. Delhi here i come.
What prices do alloy's start at ?
not my car but do you guys think the spoiler looks good
http://www.indiacar.com/roadtest/swi...ior_altura.jpg

Another beauty
http://www.blonnet.com/2002/01/01/im...0102050401.jpg

Last edited by sukrit7 : 25th February 2009 at 01:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks