Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2008, 00:04   #571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
I wish I could. My budget is around 3000Rs for the WindScreen. I already have window and the Back side. Please advice me in that range.
Garware. Many have used it at TBHP and are happy with it. I too use it.
Old 17th October 2008, 11:21   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by potlaravi View Post
Nice to hear that Inder Air 75 Llumar . Even I am planning this week end here in Hyderabad for my Verna CRDi . Can you please let us know how much you pay for that. Thanks in advance
potlaravi,

I paid 5k for the film. As I was getting ICE installed , got pretty good discounts on film and ICE .. ofcourse I will be going to the same shop for further addons like a sub and amp
Old 17th October 2008, 15:10   #573
BHPian

Whenever you take your car to a typical auto accessories store for tints, they all tell you that they only use Garware tints. Is there any way to tell for sure?

Can you check the roll to see if it's Garware, or is there a hologram somewhere that certifies its authenticity?
Old 17th October 2008, 16:13   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Is there any way to tell for sure?
Can you check the roll to see if it's Garware, or is there a hologram somewhere that certifies its authenticity?
Garware high end films comes in packed rolls with original Garware holograms on the packing with seal plus all films have watermark on them.But saying this again that all those are high end films.One can always go for Rs 600 films from Garware,but the company man had told me earlier that those films doesn't come in rolls nor packed like they should be! Those are kind off like cut-sheets,if you know what I mean.
Old 17th October 2008, 20:55   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
potlaravi,

I paid 5k for the film. As I was getting ICE installed , got pretty good discounts on film and ICE .. ofcourse I will be going to the same shop for further addons like a sub and amp
Inder ,
Thanks for your response , looks like you got Rs500/- discount. Tomorrow I am planning to go to lumar dealer. I will update you once I get it done.
Old 18th October 2008, 11:41   #576
BHPian

I asked llumnar Automobile person. He said 5k for AIR 75.
@JKdas Do we have any other brand than Garware in that range ? We share same initial My last name to ends with "das".
Old 18th October 2008, 12:39   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
I asked llumnar Automobile person. He said 5k for AIR 75.
@JKdas Do we have any other brand than Garware in that range ? We share same initial My last name to ends with "das".
Garware has 2 or 3 products in this range. I am not sure of other brands rates at this price range.

Old 18th October 2008, 20:30   #578
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know where I can get V-Kool installed in Trivandrum? Maybe Ernakulam?

One chap from a place called CarPoint told me that he can only get it from Ernakulam or something and he had no idea what exact product it was or what color it is. He also did an absolutely shabby job with my number plate install (slipped a screw driver and took the scratched a good visible one on the rear plate), so I'd avoid it if I were in TVM.
Old 18th October 2008, 20:41   #579
Senior - BHPian

Would suggest you try MotorPlaza.

Cochin is the best place for most stuffs, you haev more options and expertise.
Old 18th October 2008, 21:18   #580
BHPian

[quote=potlaravi;1019778]Inder ,
Thanks for your response , looks like you got Rs500/- discount. Tomorrow I am planning to go to lumar dealer. I will update you once I get it done

Today I got Llumar air 75 for my vehicle Verna CRDi. He charges me 5150/- with 5 years warranty , I didn’t check out the performing in full bright day light .I will update feed back soon.
Old 19th October 2008, 08:05   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Would suggest you try MotorPlaza.

Cochin is the best place for most stuffs, you haev more options and expertise.
Thanks for the tip jk. Can you tell me where exactly it is in Cochin? Maybe a phone number?
Old 20th October 2008, 21:16   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Does anyone know where I can get V-Kool installed in Trivandrum? Maybe Ernakulam?
There is one chap who installs it in Trivandrum. I forgot the shop name. Just remember its near PRS hospital. Is that Karamana?
Old 21st October 2008, 11:05   #583
BHPian

[quote=potlaravi;1020789]
Quote:
Originally Posted by potlaravi View Post
Today I got Llumar air 75 for my vehicle Verna CRDi. He charges me 5150/- with 5 years warranty , I didn’t check out the performing in full bright day light .I will update feed back soon.
potlaravi.

that's great! It def helps lessen the glare from the blaring headlights. Do let us know what's your take on it .. and ofcourse the main advantage is heat rejection which helps when car is parked in the sun.

Cheers
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:26   #584
BHPian

Do dealers charge separately for installing the film or is it free??
Old 25th October 2008, 19:01   #585

Sun Control for my Dzire

Hi!
I'm getting delivery of my Dzire shortly. For suncontrol, my car dealer has said he will install Films from Film Pro. Says the total cost for windshields + side windows will come to around Rs. 9600.

1. AFAIK the Dzire comes with tinted glass - is additional sun control required?

2. Do films from Film Pro cost this much and are they value for money? is there anything else in the Rs. 5K range that will give me good sun control?

Thanks!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks