Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2008, 17:06   #526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Its sometime since the first of the Front Windscreen were installed with sunfilm on TBHP. Can Bhp-ians who did this please tell me if there any negatives in terms of long-term usage ( like scratch, reduced visibility, oncoming headlight issues etc etc )?.
Bad Point
  1. Night driving. (May be)
  2. Rainy season.
  3. RTO problem.
Good Point
  1. Good A/C cooling.
  2. Day time vision will improve.
  3. Good looking.
  4. Non-transparency.
and lot more I would say...

Over all
Old 29th August 2008, 19:49   #527
BHPian

I used to work with V-Kool at the turn of the millennium, by and large the front film is here to stay, as a product I was amazed at what it could do, we had people buy a qualis without the rear ac and fit the top end v-kool. Over all a recommended buy for the front windscreen.
Old 29th August 2008, 20:08   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Bad Point
  2. Rainy season.
  3. RTO problem.
Incase we are talking about front windshield clearfilm here, these points do not apply

Nirmal
Old 20th September 2008, 12:14   #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
I used to work with V-Kool at the turn of the millennium, by and large the front film is here to stay, as a product I was amazed at what it could do, we had people buy a qualis without the rear ac and fit the top end v-kool. Over all a recommended buy for the front windscreen.
Are the V-Kool A50 and A60 films good for front windshield application? Please advise..
Old 21st September 2008, 22:22   #530
Senior - BHPian

I recently went to the V-Kool shop and was quoted Rs 10,600 for the front windscreen of my Esteem. Since I am on daily dose of Aspirin, I didn't get a heart attack but nevertheless I did beat a very hasty retreat from the shop.
Old 21st September 2008, 22:37   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
I recently went to the V-Kool shop and was quoted Rs 10,600 for the front windscreen of my Esteem. Since I am on daily dose of Aspirin, I didn't get a heart attack but nevertheless I did beat a very hasty retreat from the shop.
Garware is very VFM. Being using it for last 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Bad Point
  2. Rainy season.
  3. RTO problem.
Over all
Never had these issues. RTO problem only if you dont stick to recommended ones for front/sides.

Last edited by jkdas : 21st September 2008 at 22:39.
Old 22nd September 2008, 09:32   #532
BANNED

jkdas : What is the price of Garware ?
Old 22nd September 2008, 09:50   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
jkdas : What is the price of Garware ?
2500Rs for IceCool I guess. They have 2 models.
Old 22nd September 2008, 10:16   #534
Senior - BHPian

3k in Calcutta for Icecool Shield for Esteem. Automotive Window Tinting | Car Window Shades & Tinting | Automobile Window Tinting . That's the official Garware website.
Old 22nd September 2008, 23:11   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Its sometime since the first of the Front Windscreen were installed with sunfilm on TBHP. Can Bhp-ians who did this please tell me if there any negatives in terms of long-term usage ( like scratch, reduced visibility, oncoming headlight issues etc etc )?.

I have been using front windscreen film for the last 8 years on various vehicles. No issues with reduced visibility. Scratches also not an issue unless your car cleaner wears a ring or kada. Slight help with oncoming headlights but nothing worth talking about.
Old 25th September 2008, 00:27   #536
BHPian

I got my Suzuki Zen Estilo fitted with Garware Ice Cool Shield today.The film is original as it had the hologram and came in a sealed tube container. It also has 'Ice cool Shield' written in small black letter on three places on the windshield. Had Garware Ice Cool Grand too fitted on all sides today( rear was supposed to be done today too, but somebody from the company had cut it in three strips and sent it ,I sent it back and getting a contiguous film for the rear,day after tomorrow ). After installation today afternoon, there was quite a downpour,but I went to my clinic driving in the evening and amid heavy rains.No issues at all. The fitting was done by a company guy.He was a quite but competent guy.He did a genuinely nice job inspite of me being around him throughout the three hours procedure.

Can't at all comment on the actual benefit during daytime,till I use it for few days in the still blazing kolkata sun.
Old 29th September 2008, 16:44   #537
BHPian

I am planning to go with 1/4th silver on the top and the rest black on the front windscreen. Silver - mailnly to match my car's colour. Do you think it is a good idea?

Cheers,
Sanju
Old 29th September 2008, 16:48   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
I am planning to go with 1/4th silver on the top and the rest black on the front windscreen. Silver - mailnly to match my car's colour. Do you think it is a good idea?

Cheers,
Sanju
Please don't do anything of that sort. Stick to clear films of reputed brands only and also stick to films meant for front windscreen, something like llumar air65 or llumar air75.
Old 29th September 2008, 16:49   #539
BHPian

Two weeks before I got my windscreen fixed up with Llumar AIR-75 for 6.4k , B&W ( Car Lounge, Bangalore). They came to my place to fix the sheet and I was satisfied with their work. If I wasnt there during the process I would not believe that they have fixed the film. The only drawback is that my radio reception seems to suffer a little bit after the installation.
About the difference: Cannot really comment since I did not test it out that thoroughly.
Old 29th September 2008, 17:40   #540
BHPian

slightly OT, but somewhere someone had beautifully shown a DIY to prevent stickers from damaging your windscreen tint, by providing an alternate means, think it was ajmat? can someone provide a linky? apologise for the vagueness, the search button is not my friend, have to get used to it...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks