Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2024, 07:18   #2701
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

I was told by an installer that Arctic cool has a mirror finish. Is it true? I'm of the opinion that green shades look more OEM than others. Am I right?
Old 23rd April 2024, 12:14   #2702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav_P View Post
Any issues with night driving?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikeva027 View Post
Ah, I am curious about the same too.
No issues with night driving at all, with the Arctic Cool Shield.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 17:19   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
I was told by an installer that Arctic cool has a mirror finish. Is it true? I'm of the opinion that green shades look more OEM than others. Am I right?
No mirror finish here. Arctic Cool is just more of a greyish-blueish shade compared to the green of Ice Cool. I agree the green shade looks closer to OEM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikeva027 View Post
My concern is not about the installation but uninstallation of the film.
Shouldn't be an issue with these new films. I asked about this too, forgot to mention in my previous post. They anyway use a heat gun to shape it to the glass. Warranty for 7 years and they say it peels off cleanly.
neoakshay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2024, 10:38   #2704
BHPian

Anyone thinking of getting sunfilms installed to beat the heat, Please do verify the total heat rejection provided by the installed films. The numbers are usually clearly mentioned in the outer packaging. My thought is that sunfilms should have a minimum of 40% heat rejection.

The heat rejection of Garware Icecool Elite installed on my car stands around 46%.
Old 28th April 2024, 15:32   #2705
BHPian

I got this Garware Icecool Elite SG for 4800rs. Covered my Hyryder's sunroof and all 4 side glasses. Comes with 5 years warranty.

Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_20240428_1359123.jpg

Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_20240428_1359242.jpg

Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_20240428_1448192.jpg
shikh_oberoi is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2024, 22:12   #2706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
I got this Garware Icecool Elite SG for 4800rs. Covered my Hyryder's sunroof and all 4 side glasses. Comes with 5 years warranty.
Was the installation on side glasses edge to edge ?

Also it looks like this variant has a bluish tint, if possible could you share a few pictures of your vehicle post installation.
Old 29th April 2024, 18:50   #2707
BHPian

Edge to edge will create problem after some time. Installer leaves 1.5-2 mm gaps on every glass (the portion which gets inside the rubber beading)
I am attaching before and after pics of the installation. Since Hyryder came with some level of tint, this installation made the glass a little bit more dark.
Attached Thumbnails
Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_20240428_1410482.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_20240429_1403142.jpg  

shikh_oberoi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 11:38   #2708

Hello guys,
Can someone from Mumbai please help me with the dealer contact details for Garware films.
Old 2nd May 2024, 19:41   #2709

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Garware Arctic Cool Shield installed on the front windshield of my XUV 700. Definitely experiencing a marked relief during the day.
Hey buddy,
Where did you get it installed from? Did you get it from Shreyas Auto or some other place? What was the cost?
Old 3rd May 2024, 11:34   #2710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravmehta09 View Post
Hey buddy,
Where did you get it installed from? Did you get it from Shreyas Auto or some other place? What was the cost?
Was in Pune recently for some personal work. Had some free time there, so got it installed from a local shop at Sinhgad Road. Cost for the Arctic Cool Shield for the front windshield came to 5,800/-. Rest of the windows already had the Garware IceCool film which was installed 2 years ago from a shop in Kolhapur.

But from what I gather from this thread, Shreyas at Milan Subway is worth it. You should try it out.

Last edited by IamNikhil : 3rd May 2024 at 11:36.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 15:10   #2711

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Was in Pune recently for some personal work. Had some free time there, so got it installed from a local shop at Sinhgad Road. Cost for the Arctic Cool Shield for the front windshield came to 5,800/-. Rest of the windows already had the Garware IceCool film which was installed 2 years ago from a shop in Kolhapur.

But from what I gather from this thread, Shreyas at Milan Subway is worth it. You should try it out.
Visited Shreyas auto yesterday. He quoted Rs 8800 for windshield along with all the four windows and back. The quoted price is for Artic cool shield SG for the windscreen and Ice cool for all the windows.

I am not too sure about the authenticity as the price quoted is less than what most of the forum members have paid for the same combination.
gauravmehta09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 13:14   #2712
BHPian

Quote:
Visited Shreyas auto yesterday. He quoted Rs 8800 for windshield along with all the four windows and back. The quoted price is for Artic cool shield SG for the windscreen and Ice cool for all the windows.

I am not too sure about the authenticity as the price quoted is less than what most of the forum members have paid for the same combination.
Cannot comment on authenticity, but you should get them to open the roll in front of you and check the VLT, etc details yourself. The market is currently full of fake/copy films.
Old 12th May 2024, 11:32   #2713
BHPian

Hi, I checked with a local authorised dealer for garware and he suggested the below to me.

Arctic cool front wind shield only @ ₹7200
Charcoal VLT 50% for all windows and quarter panels @ ₹3800

Additional ₹800 for some laminate/chemical wash of the windows before application.

Please advise if this configuration and cost is good
Old 12th May 2024, 12:38   #2714
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

I have been using Shreyas Auto for ages. You can connect with his cousin brother Jatin and check price as well . He operates from Leamington Road . His number is 9322226327. Just give him reference from Vento guy with Ground Zero speakers.

Note: I have no association with any of them. Jatin has always been my trusted guy since they were together in Shreyas motors Santacruz.
Satkaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 13:43   #2715
BHPian

I installed Garware "Arctic Shield" Sun Protection Film for Front Windshield, Windows & Rear Windshield of my Sonet DCT GTX+. This was installed just before last year's summer. The installation happened in Jeewagee Anna Nagar (Chennai). I am pretty happy with Artic Shield SPF and it does a pretty good job even in peak summer heat! Jeewagee did a good job.
searacer932 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks