Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2007, 12:40   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi guys,

I have Llumar installed on my vehicle with a clear film on the front windshield too. Now ive been going through this thread and there have been discussions on whether sun film is required on the front winshield or not. Well, everyone knows that the largest glass on a vehicle is the front windsheild, which means that the most amount of heat, glare, etc enters the vehicle through that area. The main culprit for heating up your car is the front windshield and not the sides or the rear. So, yes installing a clear film on the front definitely helps. But that does not mean that one leaves the side glasses without a film.

I paid a total of 10K for my film. The front was around 6K alone. But all, said and done, extremly effective.

Epic
Epic,

Would be great if you could share the pros/cons of the front windshield film in your car.
Old 22nd February 2007, 15:58   #257
BHPian

does v kool really filter more than 90% of the heat??
costs about 7500 if it works i dont mind shelling out the dough
in the afternoons things really heat up in my car
and not the kind of heatin up that id approve
Old 22nd February 2007, 22:28   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
Epic,

Would be great if you could share the pros/cons of the front windshield film in your car.
Hi Raajiv,

Very frankly no cons with the film. It does give a slight dark shade to the front but not illegal. Looks pretty cool actually. Does not hamper night driving at all. Definitely keeps the car way cooler.

Epic
Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
changed the sun film yesterday of my 800 and my hubby got the guy to put the front w/s film also.
any suggestions

shubbhi
Hi Manaa,

My suggestion is to go in for either V-Kool, Garware or Llumar. Ask for the darkest legal shade of film and you are sorted. No issues with the cops. Ive got the darkest legal shade of Llumar on my Swift including the clear film for the front windscreen. The vehicle is definitely way cooler than before. In looks and temperature too.

Epic
Old 23rd February 2007, 18:32   #259
Senior - BHPian

Front Sun Film for Verna?

has anybody done this for verna , I have decided to go in for the sunfilm on the front wind shield , finalised on either Lumar or 3M could somebody lemme know where is can get a good install done in Bangalore ? as i do realise that the install is pretty important....
Old 24th February 2007, 20:47   #260
Senior - BHPian

For the Santro initially I didnt opt for windscreen film.

Last year I got the Garware Coolvision installed for about 2k. A *slight* relief from heat and decent privacy. Night driving was not much of an issue but Iv been using very powerful headlamps. If not maintained this film would definately get scratched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
I have decided to go in for the sunfilm on the front wind shield , finalised on either Lumar or 3M could somebody lemme know where is can get a good install done in Bangalore ?
Methods Auto (Official Llumar dealer)

# 30/1, Rear block
7th Cross, Lavelle Road
Bangalore - 560001
Karnataka, India
Phone: 91-80-22217879,
91-80-22273939

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
Llumar's series' for S+R:
Black 35/25 -
Steel 35/25 -

Llumar's series' for front windscreen:
PP 70/60 -
Air 75/65 -
Nicely written.. makes it easier to take a decision.

Im going with a light coloured car(white if I have my way.. otherwise silver) so heat issues will be reduced(compared to my current BLACK car!)

Last evening I negotiated the deal for a swift we are buying. Dealer has thrown in Llumar sunfilm (he said approx 2k value or as a cash discount), Iv said I will take a decision based on whats available so I need to speak to their accessory chap about that. Since he is willing to give upto 2k I dont mind paying the difference and get the better film and windscreen too.

I forgot to ask if they stock the films and do the work in house or take it to a third party installer? If its being taken outside then I would rather get it done myself and supervise the job.

If budget permits I will probably opt for Steel25 (S/R) and PP60 (Windscreen).
Otheriwse I will settle for Black25 (S/R) and PP60 (Windscreen).

If you compare Steel60 vs PP60 which would be DARKER?
Old 26th February 2007, 16:14   #261
BHPian

I was going through this forum and I wanted to put my point across regarding photocromatic sun films which can be installed on windows and rear glass. As the name suggests, it darkens in the sunlight and clears in low light conditions. It also stops ultravoilet rays to the maximum. It is highly resistant to scratches. I've it installed on my baby and have not faced any problems in past 3 years. The only point is that it should be installed by a perfectionist. If you want to take a look at my baby, please visit my profile.

Cheers

Keep Modifying !!!

------------------------
T. Indica V2 (Non-Turbo)
63K Kms, Top135Km/Hr
Old 27th February 2007, 16:41   #262
Senior - BHPian

v-kool installed

I got V-Kool installed on my Civic last week. I got the top end installed and it cost a whopping 30+. Got it installed from an authorized distributor/dealer here in Bangalore.

Please note the cost for other cars is not as high as the Civic. The Civic has the largest front windscreen. The cost of the front windscreen film (v-70 model) cost 11+. I put the same one at the back. That cost another 8+. The v-70 has 73% visibility and 99% UV and 93% Infrared. Solar radiation is cut 63%.

I've just been out on another long drive and it works really well. Especially while driving in the mornings with the sun directly in front of you. I used to get rashes in my hands and sweat a lot. Now I don't have that problem. Even after parking the car in the sun for sometime, the steering wheel is not hot. The car does get heated a bit, but that's due to it staying out in the sun for a long time and radiation from the roof also.
Old 27th February 2007, 18:36   #263
Senior - BHPian

This is the pricing the Maruti Delaership has given me :

1.)Llumar's series' for S+R:
Black 05 - INR2000/- for S+R
Steel 05 - INR4500/- for S+R <-- Platinum Series

2.)Llumar series for Windscreen
Steel PP60 (Platinum Series) - 6000/-

Now option 1 the prices seem to be fine. Its option 2 that seems to be a whopper ! I assumed it would come to 4k for windscreen using the pp/steel60

Im going to check with Methods the authorised Llumar dealer tomorrow and then make a decision.
Old 28th February 2007, 01:52   #264
BHPian

I installed a brand called Top cool which costed me around 3k for all the sides(except front). They had only one tint i.e silver which is shiny silver(mirror kinda) when viewed from outside, but when u view it from inside it is very clear. I was abt to stick Garware classic for 1500 and then changed my mind and went with Top cool. Is Top cool a very good brand?

And also regarding the front windhshield, He said the front window is already tinted and there is no need to put in another sun film there.
I am confused.

I have Indica Xeta 2007 GLS model. Can someone confirm if new indica comes with tinted glass in front?
Old 28th February 2007, 05:20   #265
BHPian

what is that photo sensitive thingy the one that changes color in the sun??
Old 28th February 2007, 09:52   #266
BHPian

Wondering why are sun control films / tinted glass is not part of OEM shipping?. - atleast in premium segment.

Is there anything bad about films?.
Old 28th February 2007, 09:53   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
This is the pricing the Maruti Delaership has given me :

1.)Llumar's series' for S+R:
Black 05 - INR2000/- for S+R
Steel 05 - INR4500/- for S+R <-- Platinum Series

2.)Llumar series for Windscreen
Steel PP60 (Platinum Series) - 6000/-

Now option 1 the prices seem to be fine. Its option 2 that seems to be a whopper ! I assumed it would come to 4k for windscreen using the pp/steel60

Im going to check with Methods the authorised Llumar dealer tomorrow and then make a decision.

Hi Souljah,

I think the prices are as per what an authorised dealer will charge you because i myself has installed Llumar on my Swift and paid a total of 10k for all the glasses including the front. I comes with a 5 year warranty. I unfortunately don't know what the series/model is, i will have to check my bill. I got it fitted from an authorised dealer and not from Maruti. I presume that even if Maruti gets it done for you, they will be getting a guy from an authorised dealer only as im sure Maruti will not want to take any warranty issues on their head.

I remember that the authorised dealer quoted me 6K for the front windsheild only and the total came to 10k with a discount so i guess the price are fine.

Epic
Old 28th February 2007, 14:02   #268
BHPian

Have V-Kool V-70 installed on all windows in my 2006 Honda CR-V. Its easy to see the difference. Just roll down windows under direct sunlight and then roll windows up... the reduction in heat & glare is significant. It has taken close to 10 days for front window film to settle in, i.e. there is no halo effect from upcoming headlights at night.
Old 28th February 2007, 15:32   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocuspocus View Post
photocromatic sun films which can be installed on windows and rear glass.
Now, this is a cool thing!! What make is it ? Also, can you tell us how transparent is it in the nights? Is it like 100% clear or a little tint is present? Last, how much did it cost?
Old 28th February 2007, 16:20   #270
Senior - BHPian

The halo effect is either due to scratches on the windscreen or bad fixing of the film.

I've been having the film on my windscreen from ages and have had no problem whatsoever - least of all the 'haloed vision'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Have V-Kool V-70 installed on all windows in my 2006 Honda CR-V. Its easy to see the difference. Just roll down windows under direct sunlight and then roll windows up... the reduction in heat & glare is significant. It has taken close to 10 days for front window film to settle in, i.e. there is no halo effect from upcoming headlights at night.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks