Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2024, 22:10   #2626
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The VAG32 View Post
Same here.3M quoted me 28000 for CR70 for all the windows including front and rear windshield but I went ahead and installed Garware 70 sunfilm for the side windows and rear for about 8500 and installed CR70 in the front windshield which costed me 9000.The garwares are pretty decent but the quality of 3M is exceptionally good and it reduces heat and glare drastically
Did you get both CR70 and Garware70 installed from 3M outlet? I thought 3M is not dealing Garware products. I may be wrong here then.

Also how is the aesthetics part, having two different products for windshield and rest? Is that noticeable?

I am also thinking on these lines for my Fortuner 2nd gen. Could you share your latest experience please, in terms of overall heat reduction and night driving experience?
Old 18th January 2024, 12:56   #2627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Recently I got my Tiago EV covered with sun films on all sides. I chose Solar Gard Ultra Performance Plus 80.
Could you share the expenses? I got the same done (for my Tiago EV) from a dealer in Kerala, however I noticed there are lot of minor spots all around if one look rather closely. It was done in a covered area and they had washed the windows - but I guess some might still end up on the glass like the 0.1% left out by toilet cleaners.

I didn't get the windshield done because I wasn't sure if it'll increase the amount of reflection in the windshield. I had to install a CPL on dashcam because of the menace. Do you think it has gotten worse after the install?

Also any issues with fogging in rainy weather?
thomahawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 11:09   #2628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomahawk View Post
Could you share the expenses?

Also any issues with fogging in rainy weather?
I got Garware Icekool installed last week for INR 4500 for my Polo windshield. It works. I don't find any problems during night driving but there is indeed a certain amount of tint. No fogging issues either. The new transport minister in Kerala is going easy on sunfilms so you can breathe easy. However it is not legal.
TopLiveCentre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 10:02   #2629
BANNED

Hello BHPian's, I am in a process of buying a new car. Considering black color dash and seats in the car and hot / humid weather in Mumbai, I was checking with dealership actual user feedback about specific model on internal heating. During discussion, dealer mentioned that Government approved sun films can be applied to the car.

What I wanted to know from group here is what are regulations around sun films? Ate sun films with VLT 70 or higher allowed in India?
Old 10th February 2024, 21:46   #2630
BHPian

Installed sunfilm on my Skoda Rapid, Jazz and Scross.

Got them done at Protint, Coimbatore. They are authorized dealers for multiple brands like 3M, Lumax, Garware, etc. I

got Garware installed for windshield and all sides and rear. There is a massive difference in heat reduction. Pricing seems to be reasonable as they were direct dealers. Also the owner was vey helpful in explaining the product features. This is the only shop in Coimbatore where they demonstrated each film with a Light Transmission Meter.

Completely satisfied with my experience and would recommend this shop for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Front windscreen sunfilm?-20240113_124854.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-20240113_125040.jpg  

jna4cob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 23:03   #2631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jna4cob View Post

Got them done at Protint, Coimbatore. They are authorized dealers for multiple brands like 3M, Lumax, Garware, etc. I
Hi where is this shop and can you share the contact number? I got 3M RE50 for my XUV400 windows from 3M Avinashi Rd for Rs.7600. Can you share how much was it for the Garware ones if its ok with you.

Xuv400 manual says not to use sunfilms for rear windshield so kinda confused but the 3M installer said it's ok to go with CR70 for front & rear windshield.
Old 11th February 2024, 00:19   #2632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hi where is this shop and can you share the contact number?
Can you share how much was it for the Garware ones if its ok with you.
Sure, I can share. Costed me 10k total. 5.8k for the front windshield film (Garware Artic Cool), 4.2k for the rear and sides (Garware Chrome-35). You can reach the owner on 90477 68468.
jna4cob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 22:13   #2633
BHPian

Hey people,

So I got garware artic cool sg 80 for front windshield and sides i opted for icecool elite sg 70. Got both for ₹10,000 from shreyas auto in milan subway, Mumbai.

The films were individually packaged from the company and the same was opened in front of me. Installation could have been better. A few dust spots.

Now time will prove whether the investment is worth it or no.

But i would like to thank everyone here for helping me decide to opt for films.

Special thanks to Condor for his valuable contribution in mentioning details about garware films and shreyas auto.

Regards,
Mihir
Attached Thumbnails
Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_6794.jpeg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_6795.jpeg  

mdesai_1981 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 10:57   #2634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Using the contact given by team-bhpian - condor, I completed the installation of
Garware IceCoolShield Green ( 70% VLT and 50% TSER with 5 years warranty ) on the front windshield. The installation guys came to my home and did the installation.

Cost of the film - 4200 INR ( inclusive of taxes )
Labor cost for the home visit, removing the old film ( 3m CR 70 ), cleaning up the glass of any adhesive and then sticking the new film - 1000 INR.

If I had no film installed previously, the labor cost for the home visit would have been just 250 INR.

After the work, I parked the car in the sun for it to dry properly and then took the car out for a night drive. The visibility is very good. And I am so relieved that the stress of night driving with the wrinkles on 3m CR 70 is no more. Tried driving the car in the morning and the heat rejection seems to be pretty good.

Overall, very happy with this Garware product and the work quality of Shreyas and team ( referred by team-bhpian - Condor ).

PMed you the contact details.
Hi Amal,

Could you please share the contact details as the details on their website doesn’t work.

Maddy
Old 24th February 2024, 01:49   #2635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
Hey people,

So I got garware artic cool sg 80 for front windshield and sides i opted for icecool elite sg 70. Got both for ₹10,000 from shreyas auto in milan subway, Mumbai.

The films were individually packaged from the company and the same was opened in front of me. Installation could have been better. A few dust spots.

Now time will prove whether the investment is worth it or no.

But i would like to thank everyone here for helping me decide to opt for films.

Special thanks to Condor for his valuable contribution in mentioning details about garware films and shreyas auto.

Regards,
Mihir
Nice ! I have been going to Shreyas for years now for my accessories. They are well priced and their installation crew is pretty decent.
If you live close by they can send someone home to install the sunfilm. That's better because the road has a lot of traffic and kicks up some dust like in your case.
Mortis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 12:28   #2636
BHPian

Quote:
Do the windows appear greyish or greenish after installation? Thanks.
Old 25th February 2024, 17:44   #2637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Do the windows appear greyish or greenish after installation? Thanks.
Yes they appear greyish blue. I wanted green but Garware has stopped making green tints as per the dealer. He still showed me all the options for garware and i selected based on the authenticity of the product. Installation is not that great, if possible get it done at your premises as it will be less dusty.
mdesai_1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 13:08   #2638
BHPian

Quote:
Yes they appear greyish blue. I wanted green but Garware has stopped making green tints as per the dealer. He still showed me all the options for garware and i selected based on the authenticity of the product. Installation is not that great, if possible get it done at your premises as it will be less dusty.
Thanks. Will enquire with them. Actually, since I stay in Mahim, I'm a little apprehensive if they would be willing to send someone that far.
Old 28th February 2024, 07:40   #2639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Thanks. Will enquire with them. Actually, since I stay in Mahim, I'm a little apprehensive if they would be willing to send someone that far.
Speak to the owner he will send for sure. I highly recommend getting it done at your place rather than dusty milan subway road.
mdesai_1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 14:22   #2640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Using the contact given by team-bhpian - condor, I completed the installation of
Garware IceCoolShield Green ( 70% VLT and 50% TSER with 5 years warranty ) on the front windshield. The installation guys came to my home and did the installation.
Hi Amalji, I am looking for reliable 3M/Garware film installation on my car. Can you DM me the details? Also, If anyone else can share reliable film installation contacts, please let me know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks