Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2018, 03:41   #2221
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Would you mind sharing how much did the windscreen film cost you ? I'm looking to get the same done on my car and I really dont have what are costs like now. Also did you happen to get any quotes for the the windows as well ? And the place where you got it done ?

Regards
Amrit

Hi it costed me 2400 for the front only. The total would be 5K~
I got it done from MotorHub, Gurgaon. They are opposite Good Earth City Center.

Good courteous owner, and the place is next door.
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 12:26   #2222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Hi it costed me 2400 for the front only. The total would be 5K~
I got it done from MotorHub, Gurgaon. They are opposite Good Earth City Center.

Good courteous owner, and the place is next door.
Are you happy with the install? Bubbles etc.
Old 22nd April 2018, 16:56   #2223
BHPian

Is there a significant impact on mobile phone and GPS reception if a film such as 3M CR70 is installed?

Also I couldn't understand how the fogging issue is linked to the windshield film. Is it that the film makes it easier for water vapour to condense on the windshield?
Old 22nd April 2018, 22:15   #2224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Is there a significant impact on mobile phone and GPS reception if a film such as 3M CR70 is installed?
3M should not have the problem. Even with Garware, I have not had any problems with phone or GPS signals. I use a MapMyIndia.

Quote:
Also I couldn't understand how the fogging issue is linked to the windshield film. Is it that the film makes it easier for water vapour to condense on the windshield?
Again, have not heard anyone complain about this. It could be something kept in the car.

Reminds me of a fellow TBHP-ian who had complained that there is some vapor formation on the car when parked inside their garage. But never happened outside. Turned out that they they had kept an open container of some cleaning liquid which used to evaporate at night and cause condensation on the car. They removed this container from the garage, and all was well.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 23:06   #2225
BHPian

3M sunfilm on 'windscreen' for Audi A4?

Hi all,

I find the dashboard and steering wheel to be very hot when the car is in the (chennai) sun even just for a few mins. I dont have any heat issue from the windows (as they are tinted). My A4 is just 3 Months old. Besides the heat, i would like to.retain the look of.dashboard & steeting as well. So contemplating about 3M film.

Has anyone tried it on their windscreen? Any issues like smears/fades etc, that you faced after a few months/years? Particularly in the night time when they may be more visible? Any impact to the rain sensing wipers etc.?

Your feedback would be of great help.

Thanks
Jumanji
jumanji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 01:19   #2226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
Hi all,

Has anyone tried it on their windscreen? Any issues like smears/fades etc, that you faced after a few months/years? Particularly in the night time when they may be more visible? Any impact to the rain sensing wipers etc.?

Your feedback would be of great help.

I have CR70 on the windshield and now planning to fix them on sides and rear as well. No impact on the sensors but has a great impact in reducing heat in the below the glass area.

Been running CR70 in my civic for last 6 years and still does it's job.
varunanb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 05:48   #2227
BHPian

Re: 3M sunfilm on 'windscreen' for Audi A4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post
I have CR70 on the windshield and now planning to fix them on sides and rear as well. No impact on the sensors but has a great impact in reducing heat in the below the glass area.

That's awesome and exactly I am looking for something like this for my Ciaz. But, confused over the acceptance of police. Curious to know whether it's allowed as per government norms ?
tstlnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 06:40   #2228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstlnt View Post
That's awesome and exactly I am looking for something like this for my Ciaz. But, confused over the acceptance of police. Curious to know whether it's allowed as per government norms ?
Motor Vehicles Act 1989. Section 100 (2) of Central Motor Vehicles Rules states that

Quote:
the glass of the windscreen and the rear window of every motor vehicle shall be such and shall be maintained in such a condition that visual transmission light is not less than 70 per cent. The glasses used for side windows shall be such and shall be maintained in such a condition that visual transmission light is not less than 50 per cent, and shall conform to Indian standards [IS: 2553— Part 2—1992].
So legally there is no problem in applying CR70 on the windscreen.

I have CR 70 on my windscreen, and it doesn't look like there is sun film applied at all.

Quote:
I have CR70 on the windshield and now planning to fix them on sides and rear as well.
You can even go for CR50 for the side windows. Been using them for four years and except when parked under direct mid-day sun, the car doesn't get much hot inside.

Last edited by BLACKBLADE : 27th May 2018 at 06:45.
BLACKBLADE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 09:38   #2229
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks @varunanb for the quick response. Appreciate it.
Old 27th May 2018, 11:12   #2230
BHPian

Quote:

Can you please confirm if the visibility during night times (no fades, uneven reflections etc.) is fine? I am fully confident about the heat prevention capabilities of CR70, just wanted to be sure of these visibility aspects. In some cars i have seen extremely tiny dots appearing on the film (may not be 3M) after a year or two, and while it might not matter much on the windows - having that issue on the dashboard would be a big issue. Hence checking.

cheers.
Old 27th May 2018, 12:06   #2231
BHPian

I have it in my Duster past six years. Since the past 2 years, I have begun to notice uneven reflections and rainbow effect. Guess it is time to change the film.
Olympal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 13:12   #2232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBLADE View Post
Rule states 'glass' not tints. If you fix tinted glasses or have OEM glasses e.g. Baleno glasses (UV cut ones on the top models), that is OK. Police will stop you if they notice the films and tear it out and fine you.

They are not worth the trouble if you travel out of state frequently. Despite their effectiveness, this is the only reason why I haven't got them on the car despite Punto having a super large windscreen that heats up the parts below it significantly.

@jumanji - I would suggest go only for the front and rear windshields. Avoid the sides.
blackwasp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 13:23   #2233
Senior - BHPian

I have them for 7 years. If you already have tinted glass, it will reduce visibility to more than 70% ?
With age, only problem has been some scratches at the bottom of the wind screen. During wash you need to tell them not to wipe it with rough cloth
Old 27th May 2018, 13:42   #2234
BHPian

@blackwasp, my door windows are fine as they are tinted glass. It's only the front windshield that heats up.

@olympal, is the rainbow effect during day time or night time?

@srishiva, i won't let others to handle interiors often so i should be ok.

Thanks to all of you for your responses.
Old 27th May 2018, 15:05   #2235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBLADE View Post
Supreme court has banned all sun films irrespective of visibility.

Quote:
I have CR 70 on my windscreen, and it doesn't look like there is sun film applied at all.
You may never get caught but it's still against the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Rule states 'glass' not tints. If you fix tinted glasses or have OEM glasses
My +1
pedrolourenco is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks