Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2006, 14:49   #166
BHPian

Hi Santosh,

Great post! Wonder if you or someone out here can help me with my sun-film choice. I would have started a new thread, but it would certainly be locked...because there are already so many old posts around...the problem is when you post in an old thread ...there is little interest shown by regular posters

- Johy

Last edited by johy : 21st June 2006 at 15:02.
Old 21st June 2006, 15:14   #167
Senior - BHPian

@johy, even I was looking for similar information, and believe me if you spare some time going through this thread (right from the begining), you will find answers to "most" of you querries. I agree with you regarding less response for existing threads, though. But thats not always the case. If you ask the same thing that has been beaten to death, then obviously nobody would be willing to answer, rather people would get irritated! In my opinion, one should do enough of search first and then take necessary course in case he is still unsatisfied...
Old 21st June 2006, 15:24   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
. The right thing is to use both AC and heater simultaneously, so that mist does not form on
Can You explain ?? i am not aware of any car which would allow you to put both cool & warm temperature.
In My Alto I can switch on the Heater w\o switching the a\c button 'On' by simply changing the temperature but yes for cooling I need to set both temp(i.e. cooling) as well turn the a\c button to 'On'
Old 22nd June 2006, 09:36   #169
Senior - BHPian

technocrat, just switch on the AC and move the temp. knob to a warm positon (anywhere other than max cool), you will actually get a mix of hot and cold air...proportion is set by the knob position.
(refer to: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...eater-off.html)
Old 23rd June 2006, 15:58   #170
Senior - BHPian

I dont know but fromwhat you say it means that if i keep the temp knob at such position that its givinga mixture of hot_cold air then at this position with the ac Off, the temp of air would be different than it was in On
Old 23rd June 2006, 16:06   #171
Senior - BHPian

guys; back to topic pls.
Old 23rd June 2006, 16:10   #172
Senior - BHPian

yes, you got me right. In fact I started that thread (in the link) because of this problem! You may not notice the difference when the amount of hot air is relatively small, but you can try moving the knob to warmer positions and feel the difference yourself.
Old 23rd June 2006, 16:13   #173
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to be a little JK, I saw your post only after submitting mine! Lets not divert this thread again...
Old 23rd June 2006, 16:28   #174
Senior - BHPian

Johy, there are good brands such as Llumar, 3M and VKOOL. V-KOOL is supposedly the best and costs a bomb. Llumar is again reported as very effective. It seems there are few expensive variants of Garware, but if you are spending as much, you might as well go for V-KOOL. I suggest, you stick with 3M if you already have good experience with it. If not, it depends on your budget.

Last edited by RX135 : 23rd June 2006 at 16:32.
Old 23rd June 2006, 18:23   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Johy, there are good brands such as Llumar, 3M and VKOOL. V-KOOL is supposedly the best and costs a bomb. Llumar is again reported as very effective. It seems there are few expensive variants of Garware, but if you are spending as much, you might as well go for V-KOOL. I suggest, you stick with 3M if you already have good experience with it. If not, it depends on your budget.
I think there's not too much of difference between the price of VKool and Llumar. Both are expensive though.

My brother got VKool 70 film for his corsa's front glass and it costed him something like 6.5K. I asked in Bangalore and he said that it will cost something like 8.5K. The dealer couldn't quite justify to me why was it so much more expensive in Bangalore.

I had put Llumar AIR75 for my previous car and for all the glasses including the front glass, it had costed me 14K with a 3 years warranty. It was pretty good. However, the Vkool70 is marginally better in performance compared to the AIR75 based on their respective declarations of total Solar Heat rejected.

For Vkool70 in Bangalore for all glasses for my current Swift, I had got a quote of 18K with 3 years warranty. I am waiting for teh next summer instead of committing to it now.
Old 10th July 2006, 10:22   #176
Senior - BHPian

Reasons people opt for sunfilm...
1. Looks
2. Privacy
3. Avoid Sun rays & stay cool = Low A/C operation = better FE
4. Safety = Glass does not spread and sticks to the film
5. Antiglare - front transparent screen = reduces high beam glare from oncoming vehicles

Preferred brands in that order (and the price goes along)
1. Vkool - Best quality, most expensive
2. LLumar
3. 3M
4. Autographics
5. Raybarier
6. Garware - least expensive, lowest quality

Issues / Concerns
1. Reduced visibility - depends on quality and color of sunfilm used
2. COPS!
3. Scratches on Sunfilm - again depends on quality of sunfilm
4. Bubbles formation
5. Misting in some conditions

What is Legal...?
50% Transparency on sides
70% transparency on front and rear

Thanks,
Old 10th July 2006, 10:39   #177
Senior - BHPian

Ok, while I have decided to go for Sunfilm for my Honda Civic(A/T), I now need inputs from you folks on the selection and pricing...

The Honda dealer has quoted the following...
V Kool - Side & Rear - 21,000 (5yr warrenty)
V Kool - Front - 9,000

Lumar - Diamond Series - S&R - 10,800 (5yr warrentty)
Front- 7,800

Lumar - Silver Series - S&R - 3,800 (2yr warrenty)

3M - Side & rear - 6,200 (2yr warrenty)
rear will be in 3 pieces...

This sounds exhorbitantly expensive to me. Can BHPians validate the prices and indicate a good dealer (preferably authorized) in Bangalore, who can do a good job at reasonable rate.

Since Civic, front and rear windows are huge, I intend to put a transparent V Cool on the front (70%), a good heat rejection one on rear (50%) and average ones on sides (50%).

The side & rear shade will be black...
Old 15th July 2006, 16:25   #178
Senior - BHPian

Eagerly waiting for replies from fellow BHPians
Old 17th July 2006, 20:58   #179
BHPian

hi there , i just read ure inquiry on the windscreen forum , i would advice u to go for a v-kool economy model , in this the front windsheild uses the v-70 and the sides use i think the v-45or 65 . this should solve ure problem , also the price of the economy package is atleast 40% cheaper than the v-kool premium ( which is the v 70 on all sides , im sure thats what the guy at honda is giving u ) , i have the premium on my car ( esteem ) but im certain that the a/c of the civic would be 10 times better than the esteem + ure also in blore which dosent go to 45 d cel in the summers . hope this helps and congrats on ure civic
Old 18th July 2006, 07:05   #180
BHPian

Finally got sun film.

Hi all,

Yesterday, I finally got to getting the sun film on my Wagon R (side windows and rear windscreen). Due to budget constrains, I had to settle for Garware - got the Classic Lite (70% visibility for rear and 50% for the sides). The vendor also gave me a copy of ceritificate from Garware (Govt. of India approved) along with the bill. Cost me Rs 1451/-.

First impressions

* The best part -- I like the cosy feeling I have now - my car feels more private - will surely discourage people from peering inside.
* Yesterday was a pretty hot day and was absolutely pleased to see that this sun film actually works!
* Vendor says not to go for sunfilm for the front windscreen - he had Lumar - said driving in the rain would become very difficult - what do you say?

- Johy

Last edited by johy : 18th July 2006 at 07:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks