Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2012, 11:10   #1726
BHPian

i called up the 3m outlets in mumbai and was quoted 7750 for CR70 (front) and 5250 CS50 (side and back) for my swift. The andheri showroom agreed on a 5% discount on hearing about t-bhp

But I feel these prices are on the higher side. Can someone in mumbai guide me to a place where i can get these films at a cheaper price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbly View Post
hey all, wanted some advise on 3M sun films. Planning on getting my Ritz filmed. I have got a quote from 3M Car care as follows:
Front - CR70 - 7500/-
All other windows and back - CR 50 - 16200/-.
Thought the whole quote was a little steep. bargained with the store manager - he finally agreed to do an interior detailing as well as an engine bay detailing thrown in.
need suggestions on the above.
if anybody in pune knows of a reliable place with cheaper quote and good workmanship, i am open to suggestions.
cheers
hey where did you get the sun films done finally? and how much did it cost you. are you happy with the service

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd April 2012 at 20:54. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 1st April 2012, 11:46   #1727
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
hey where did you get the sun films done finally? and how much did it cost you. are you happy with the service
Hey funkyp,

Sorry, but haven't got around to doing it as i am out on work for the next 3 months.
Old 1st April 2012, 11:58   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639
One more suggestion is to try RE50 for sides. Same visibility as CS50 but RE50 is reflective file. CS50 has 33% hear rejection whereas RE50 has 43% since reflective films are more effective.
RE series is metallic sunfilm. It looks good on certain coloured cars (black / darker colours) but as its a metallic film, I was told it interferes with radio reception including cellphone signals.
Old 1st April 2012, 12:24   #1729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat

RE series is metallic sunfilm. It looks good on certain coloured cars (black / darker colours) but as its a metallic film, I was told it interferes with radio reception including cellphone signals.
I had heard similar stuff, but after installing G 20 on sides and G70 in front, I have not observed any degradation in radio and GPS signal quality in the car's inbuilt devices. But yes, the GPS in my cell phone refuses to connect anymore. Still trying to ascertain whether its due to the film or an issue with the device.
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:13   #1730
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prraghun View Post
including the CR70 on wind shield & the result was significantly better.
Hi prraghun, could you please share the cost information for the CR70. It would help Rapid buyers to include this cost in their budget.

Typically, over time sun films get scratched from the inside. Having such scratches on the wind shield film can be come a pain during night-driving. Please share your experience on this....By any chance has 3M made CR70 tough enough to resist scratches??
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:29   #1731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Hi prraghun, could you please share the cost information for the CR70. It would help Rapid buyers to include this cost in their budget.
I think the CR70 costs around 7K, am planning to get this installed as well, the side and rear sun-film are not enough to keep the heat out, now I am repenting why I did not invest in some good films.
Old 2nd April 2012, 12:08   #1732
BHPian

Am looking for someone in Mumbai who has installed Blaupunkt SPF films - specifically the Artic series, either AR 75 or AR 70.

The car am looking to install it in, is an Etios. The AR 70 film has a greenish shade to it and am wondering if it goes well with a White Etios.

Also, the dealer has quoted a complete car package discounted price of Rs 20K for AR 70.

The ceramic film technology and longer warranty periods apart, they seem to be priced higher due to a 99% IR cut-off.

Am not aware of any other ceramic films and hence puzzled.

Any real-time user responses will certainly help.
Old 2nd April 2012, 12:35   #1733

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post

Typically, over time sun films get scratched from the inside. Having such scratches on the wind shield film can be come a pain during night-driving. Please share your experience on this....By any chance has 3M made CR70 tough enough to resist scratches??
Hi Sumeshmani, the CR70 costed around 7,200, i had the sun films done at 3M care in HSR layout & i should admit the services were professional & impressive.
As to your question on scratches on the wind shield films, guess it depends on style of driving (windows rolled down at moderately high speeds) & cleaning techniques. I tend to drive most of the times with the a/c/climatronic switched on (one way to preserve my Stanley leather ).Will definitely wait for some expert comments on this subject.
Old 2nd April 2012, 12:55   #1734
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
This is a myth. I have a friend using the RE50 on his Etios for 2 months. No complaints of poor radio reception or poor cell phone signal.

Also RE50 is reflective but it's the lightest shade so you can't really make out the refelectiveness too much. See pic below:

Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_20120318_114415.jpg
Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_20120318_114406.jpg

Reflective silver is very less and it looks very nice.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 13:48   #1735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639

This is a myth. I have a friend using the RE50 on his Etios for 2 months. No complaints of poor radio reception or poor cell phone signal.

Also RE50 is reflective but it's the lightest shade so you can't really make out the refelectiveness too much. See pic below:

Reflective silver is very less and it looks very nice.
It does affect gps reception though. I always had to take the gps device outside for initial connection. It world fine after that. I have delphi gps and vkool 70. The gps works fine on cars without metallic sun films on wind shield.
Old 2nd April 2012, 14:36   #1736
Senior - BHPian

Got "3M RE35" for windows and "Garware ice cool shield" for the windscreen, tested in pretty warm afternoon and seems like both are did a good job, i felt Re35 was very effective.
Old 2nd April 2012, 15:16   #1737
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
It does affect gps reception though. I always had to take the gps device outside for initial connection. It world fine after that. I have delphi gps and vkool 70. The gps works fine on cars without metallic sun films on wind shield.
Well in my friend's Etios there's no front windshield so he has no problem with his GPS also.

I guess the Vkool 70 front films you have are metallic.

Also this cell phone reception issue myth that I have heard is always with guys have V-kool.

3M CR-70 is not a metallic type of film so no problems there.
Old 2nd April 2012, 15:36   #1738
BHPian

I have 3M CR70 + RE on my car and I never had any issues with Signal reception nor GPS.

Only concern I have is the reflection of dash on to wind shield during the day light.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 2nd April 2012 at 15:38. Reason: update
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:04   #1739
BHPian

I'm being quoted 12k for V-Kool 70 and A whooping 10k for 3M CR70 for Civic's Front Windscreen :o

Somehow I feel the latter's price is way too high. Am I right?
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:33   #1740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
I'm being quoted 12k for V-Kool 70 and A whooping 10k for 3M CR70 for Civic's Front Windscreen :o

Somehow I feel the latter's price is way too high. Am I right?
I have CR70 on Front Windscreen and RE35 on sides and rear of my Civic.

Got the front CR70 for Rs,5,700/- in April, 2010.

PM me if you want to know the place.

BTW, no issue of Mobile Signals, GPS Signals, Gurgaon Toll Tag, etc., not even 1%.

OT: I clicked "Thanks" by mistake when I was clicking "Quote". No thanks for your question, no option to remove it. And yes, you are most welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks