Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:27   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
nice work! guess I can look at something like this as well.
Its for his Lancer not for his Palio
Old 24th December 2008, 04:45   #17
BHPian

Wild, I was talking about his 1.2.. He had some great plans before
Old 24th December 2008, 08:05   #18
BHPian

Hmm I wouldn't recommend doing much on a 1.2. I know lot's of people are madly in love with their 1.2's but then upgrade means lots of work including suspension's and even after all that its still not going to be a 1.6. Mileage is also not going to be great its only going to worsen and less than half the money on upgrades can get you a 1.6. Im sure lot's of them (1.6's) are stuck with undeserving people. Please save these cars!!!
Old 25th December 2008, 08:57   #19
BHPian

Also if you guys want to do it and also if you need to check what parts you need. You can probably compare the 4G15 SOHC and DOHC in the 4G15 workshop manual. As I have received requests for the same here is the link for download. And if you do need to source parts PM me and I will put you onto my contact in Japan.

4G15 Workshop Manual
Old 15th January 2009, 01:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

@wildwheels, any updates on your impressive DOHC conversion project ? Hope you did a FPK upgrade by now ?
Old 15th January 2009, 06:11   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwheels View Post
Im sure lot's of them (1.6's) are stuck with undeserving people. Please save these cars!!!
Very true.. like the one I have. The first owner bought it because his kid liked the colour (which is the only thing I hate about the S10). Later when he found out that the car was not giving enough gas milegae as he expected, he started garaging it until me and Deisgnation came to the rescue..
Old 20th January 2009, 17:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

After installing the FPR (say an aftermarket SARD), what pressure should the fuel be run at in a Lancer? Manual says ~38.5 PSI (265 KPa) fuel pressure while idling. Should this be maintained, or can the pressure be bumped up a few PSI? Stock injectors are being used. What are the pros/cons of running a higher fuel pressure?
Old 27th January 2009, 10:51   #23
BHPian

I ordered for a fuel pressure regulator on Ebay. Haven't got it yet. Its been 3 weeks now. Prob is the shipper didn't get tracking info so have no way to track it except keep my fingers crossed. Prob might get here in a week or two will keep you posted.
Old 27th January 2009, 12:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

nice project. yes shipping is a pain. that's why i got all the parts with me on my return to India for my project.
also i am using the stock fuel pump even on my turbo. no FPR yet. so your assumption on stock fuel pumps is right i guess. i will do a look up on FPRs for my knowledge.
keep updated. i guess automechs can be shipped and installed in cochin.
Old 10th February 2009, 09:03   #25
BHPian

Okay I did get my FPR two weeks ago. Almost thought my Rs 1300/- ebay bargain wouldn't turn up when it arrived. As I hadn't fitted a universal FPR earlier nor seen one and the same being true for my mechanic we took some time figuring it out and finally had it fitted. On the initial fitment it worked fine on idle and set the pressure at 42psi there was a small leak from the FPR so I had to dismantle it and refit it. But then it started pulsing or the pressure wouldnt hold steady at 42. I dismantled it and fitted it again and things seemd to work fine. We took it for a spin the car seemed to rev smoother and seemed to have a very linear throttle response.

Finally I drove it back home and while flooring it the car just sputtered to a stop and the accelerator wouldnt work. I shut off the engine and opened the bay to find that one of the fuel pipes from the fuel rail to the regulator had busted. There was fuel sprayed all over and I thanked myself I dont smoke. Thankfully no smokers came near the car either or else I would have had a fried car. Anyway I just cut short the busted fuel hose and again took it back home and again the same thing happened. But this time a pucture had occured in the middle of the hose. I realized that it was a mistake to use a normal fuel hose from the fuel rail to the FPR I had borrowed one from the Maruti. It was not takine the pressure. On closer observation I realised that the OE fule pipe from the pump to the regulator is a very thick one compared to the return so my summation is that I need to get a thicker fuel pipe that can handle the pressure. I am now trying to source the original fuel pipe as its hard to come by. Else I will have to use a industrial grade one.

But my 2 cents its a helluva dangerous thing for fuel to leak so if you are buying an FPR get a branded one like OBX and FSE and sleep easy. Mine works fine but Im busing myself a Ceasefire just n case.

So I'm back to running stock and since I have my hands full for the moment will have to see when I can get back to finishing off what I started tll then adios.
Old 10th February 2009, 09:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

wow, that's some experience. Luckily no damage to you or your car. You do believe in DIY, I gotta say.
Can't you ask Lancer A.S.S. for another fuel pipe, and then fit it from FPR to fuel rail ? This maybe the easy approach.

Good luck and hope you can get the FPR back on track soon, and post a longer report of the driveability improvements and acceleration improvement.

Cheers,
Old 10th February 2009, 11:11   #27
BHPian

You will need steel braided hoses. The normal rubber hoses will not hold the pressure of the FPR. In bangalore I found fuel hoses which will not flex. The company was

Super Seal
withstands pressure 400 psi
I.D 1/4" (you get different IDs)
Exceeds SAE 100 R6

These are very good when used with good quality clamps.
Old 11th February 2009, 08:37   #28
BHPian

The problem with ACC they wont sell you the spare. So I have to take it to them and then I have to show them how to fix it to the FPR plus some grinding work needs to be done for the fuel adaptor to sit on the fuel rail. Anyway through a friend I managed to find the local Gates distributor ( they manufacture most hoses esp Pneumatic and OE timing belts etc.) who will manufacture the hose to your requirement with adaptors on both ends sealed very well. As these hoses are used also for pneumatic tools will definitely take the pressure. should get it sometime today. And if I do get some spare time will have it fixed by tomorrow.
Old 11th February 2009, 23:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

sounds good. Hope you have it running reliably sooner than later :-) And post your experience on this thread!
Old 26th February 2009, 20:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

nice..
@16V- the upgrade is obviously for the lancer .. Palio will be done later.

@WW - can you post some pics of the FPR?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks