Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2012, 14:21   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: How does your car smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Areon's jute based perfumes dont seem to be available any more on ebay.I guess they have been discontinued.I have been a regular user of theirs and even on the Areon website the Black Ice does not appear anymore.Its been replaced by a Black Crystal.Looks like you were lucky to get the last few surviving ones.I guess they are promoting their gel based ones over the jute based perfumes.
Yeah I think you are right, it has vanished from the online stores. Too bad I was planning to order one more. Let me see if I can contact the ebay seller from whom I bought earlier.
Old 16th November 2012, 14:39   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Yeah I think you are right, it has vanished from the online stores. Too bad I was planning to order one more. Let me see if I can contact the ebay seller from whom I bought earlier.
I have ordered one through www.autofresh.in They still have ample stocks.You can order from them as long as stocks are available.
Old 6th December 2012, 23:24   #348
Senior - BHPian

Bought this today. Should be a change from My Shaldan's fruit based fragrances.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121206_232346.png
Views: 1939
Size:  428.0 KB
Old 28th February 2013, 14:42   #349
Senior - BHPian

My car smells brand NEW and i love the smell. (took delivery less than a week ago).

Will buy the My Shaldan car fragrance sometime later.
Old 28th February 2013, 17:28   #350
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The Areon gel-based tins are superb.
They are.

Quote:
Even if I drive with the windows down, the fragrance is lost momentarily and the minute I wind the windows back up and switch on the AC, the fresh citrus fragrance is back within minutes. All in all, a superb product, and good VFM at 250 bucks. I ordered it through Ebay.
This is what separates it from My Shaldan. A window roll-down in My Shaldan & it takes a while to replenish the smell. In the Areon, it is almost instant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Hey I had got a gift of this Areon perfume quite sometime back. The flavor or variety was called "Passion". You should try that sometime. Anywhere in Bangalore we can get this? How long did it last for you?
That Passion flavor is great & despite close to 45 days of usage, it has depleted half of what My Shaldan does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
My car smells brand NEW and i love the smell. (took delivery less than a week ago).

Will buy the My Shaldan car fragrance sometime later.
Congrats & hope you got your answer (perfume)
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 10:25   #351
Senior - BHPian

Fortunately i posted in this thread and learned about this new product. I would have picked up My Shaldan if i had not seen the posts on Areon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
It is available in most accessory shops here in Bangalore, just that they charge 10-20 Rs. more than EBay. Since the Ebay seller sends it to your door step anyway and saves you the trouble of going to the shop, I would suggest to order online itself.
As a first timer, i would prefer to buy from a traditional brick and mortar store or at least sample the fragrance. That way i would know what works for me and what doesn't. After this, ebay is the way to go.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 1st March 2013, 16:08   #352
BHPian

I had someone carry me THIS from the US. Yet to try it out
Old 1st March 2013, 16:20   #353
Senior - BHPian

For me, I just put a soft cloth (discarded handkerchief) with camphor pellets in it and place it under the seat - you dont notice and it absorbs all the odour overnight, plus renders a fresh (neutral) smell the next morning.
Old 1st March 2013, 18:01   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Fortunately i posted in this thread and learned about this new product. I would have picked up My Shaldan if i had not seen the posts on Areon.

As a first timer, i would prefer to buy from a traditional brick and mortar store or at least sample the fragrance. That way i would know what works for me and what doesn't. After this, ebay is the way to go.
n_aditya, Ive recently ordered this again via ebay sellerfrom Delhi where I got the cheapest rate. You can order from him too with peace of mind. The perfume has a smell of bubblegum. Autofresh.in also sells it but its a bit costly. And if you have an ebay coupon then you can get it for even cheaper.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2013, 08:55   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Areon's jute based perfumes dont seem to be available any more on ebay.I guess they have been discontinued.I have been a regular user of theirs and even on the Areon website the Black Ice does not appear anymore.Its been replaced by a Black Crystal.Looks like you were lucky to get the last few surviving ones.I guess they are promoting their gel based ones over the jute based perfumes.
Areon Black Crystal is also jute based.
Old 4th March 2013, 15:36   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel View Post
Hi,

It's summer time and definitely the car does not smell nice from the inside. Especially because the A/C creates a lot of moisture inside and when parked in the sun for sometime it gets all heated up and makes it quite unpleasant.

I have tried a few refreshners was not very happy.

1. I was curious to know what the others do keep their cars smell good?
(During Summers and monsoon)

2. Please share any good economical refreshners.

3. Is a Liquid freshner always good, is there any alternative?

Regards,
Neel
I got my ertiga a month ago and the first thing I did when taking delivery was to install air fresheners I had bought with me.

I attached 2 x liquid ambi-pures on the front ac vent and 1 x ambi-pure on the rear ac vent. Additionally, I put in 4 x Opium Poppy air fresheners of various types - citrus, squash, strawberry, musk at various places in the car, namely, 1 on the base behind the 3rd row, 2 on either side of the 3rd row seats, 1 on the rear part of the hand brake console. It's now been over a month and the car smells like a fresh garden everytime I enter it.

Also, over the last 35 days only 15% of the liquid has evaporated in each bottle. So I estimate all these bottles will last me about 5-6 months each. They averaged about 140 rupees each. So 7 x 140 = 980 / 150 days = Rs 6.50 per day to keep my car interiors smelling fantastic.
Old 7th March 2013, 15:10   #357
Senior - BHPian

Bought the Areon Wish last weekend. It has a nice pleasant fragrance to it. Comes in a black tin and it cost me Rs. 250/-.
Old 7th March 2013, 18:17   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Bought the Areon Wish last weekend. It has a nice pleasant fragrance to it. Comes in a black tin and it cost me Rs. 250/-.
Where did you purchase it from?
Old 8th March 2013, 09:46   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Where did you purchase it from?
Bought it from Auto Fusion (Thoqueer), Koramangala. This is near the Legends of Rock pub. He had other varieties too and My Shaldan, some other ones similar to My Shaldan tins and various imported car perfumes.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 10:42   #360
Senior - BHPian

I bought Areon Passion from ebay. It smells like candy and I don't like it. Have kept it in the boot of the Swift and it is strong.

Got it from ebay and cost me 260 bucks including shipping. Think I should have gone the citrus way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks