Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 13:23   #226
BHPian

Re: How does your car smell

Hmmm.. I might have to try that once my current bottle of Ambi Pur gets over. I love the smell of fresh coffee in the morning!!
Old 29th June 2011, 11:53   #227
J.Ravi

Just a few minutes back, I bought 4 My Shaldan air fresheners [2 each of lemon and orange fragrance] from Reliance Autozone, near my home at Basaveswara Nagar, Bangalore, costing Rs 663 [221x3] in total [buy 3 & get 1 free offer].

Old 3rd August 2011, 17:43   #228
BHPian

Car interior cleaning - horrible stink

I've given my car for car interior cleaning to 3 honda dealers and all three times the car seats smelt worse than ever before. Its almost like it was a competition amongst them on will make the seats smell the worst.

Why does this happen? Ranting did not help at any of the three dealerships.

They've used soap to clean the sits but the stink is horrid. What's even worse is that when they deliver the car there is some wetness/moisture to the seat. They say windows should be kept open for like 2-3 days and the smell will go away. The smell does not go away and in fact adds more dust particles in the air to the interior since the windows are open for 48-72 hrs!

How should they be cleaned? My seats are not leather. They are the normal cushion fabric you see in most cars.

My car is the NHC a.k.a Honda City ZX 2006.

Thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd August 2011 at 18:07. Reason: Please use Search before opening new threads. Similar thread. Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 20:14   #229
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car interior cleaning - horrible stink

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabelean View Post
How should they be cleaned? My seats are not leather. They are the normal cushion fabric you see in most cars.
Instead of soap based cleaning, you can try foam-based. It costs Rs 500 more. I have no experience but the advisor at 3M Car Care suggested this.
Old 21st November 2011, 22:54   #230

My search for a good car perfume still continues.. But these days I am using Aeron- Silver Perfume spray.. Its not a strong smelling perfume, which is what i liked..And being a spray gives me more control on when and how much I want to spray for fragrance ..
Overall 3.5 Out of 5.

But my search for that perfect car perfume is still ON....
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:54   #231
BHPian

I'm using this at present:

AIR WICK® FreshMatic®

I keep it at minimum settings. It sprays once in 30 min. So the car is always full of fragrance. Moreover I use the lavender fragrance and it's very good, very natural smelling, not too strong. I fixed the dispenser in the boot of my Swift with double sided tape.
Old 22nd January 2012, 10:44   #232
Senior - BHPian

Most of the gel fresheners I bought from car accessories shops didn't smell all the way till the end. The smell lasts only for a short period and costs around 250/- I'm pretty sure there is a good amount of duplicates ruling the market. That was the time I went through this thread and struck upon the idea of using coffee as a freshener. Bought some roasted coffee beans from the local outlet and put in a container. I was pretty happy but still not fully satisfied as the smell wears out sooner.

Then I came across the Glade range and gave the Ambi-pur like freshener a try. It's been 3 months and it really lasts still with a descent enough strong smell. Yeah, it costs the same as the Ambi-pur and is imported (from somewhere around Thailand) and available in Kerala mostly only in govt. approved margin-free markets. Though hesitant, with the previous experience with gel fresheners, I tried their gel freshener next and I am pleasantly surprised that the smell lasts all the way till it finishes. Although the packing comes in small quantity, and that we will have to have 1 piece per month, we get a genuinely imported gel freshener (might look like a cheap product initially, but the quality of the outer carton, the printing, the sealing foil and the gel itself proved me wrong) at the price of just 60/-

Yet, I would like to try keeping ground coffee powder in a cloth (as mentioned in an above post) since I like the smell of coffee much and it is more a natural product.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 17:53   #233
BHPian

I got over the 'Smell not lasting for long' problem real easy, by mistake.
I bought a ambi purr freshener that fits in AC duct, then didnt like the look of it on the AC duct so put it in to arm rest compartment. guess what, a good amount of it got spilled in there. Now whenever i need air freshener, i just open the compartment for about 10 secs, then close it.

i wish i could get rid of the smell but couldnt. :( anyway.. its working for the past 6 months.. when its closed, you cannot even smell it.. open, instant fresher..
Old 28th January 2012, 01:16   #234
BHPian

myshaldan is selling out for 225/- - I was thinking about ordering it online - and of course can't smell it over the internet ! Can someone let me know which one is better - orange or lime ?
Old 28th January 2012, 13:42   #235
BHPian

after trying most of the car perfumes available in market i finally settled down for bath and body works (US) concentrated room sprays. they are cheap (5$ a piece (1 oz spray)) and are extremely good. have been using them for over two years now and they work wonders.
Old 29th January 2012, 11:37   #236
NKR
BHPian

[quote=esranjith;2656039]
You could also try the 'Little black box' a small solid perfume box with perforations on either side for air flow.
Old 29th January 2012, 14:07   #237

My Shaldan smells great and the added advantage is no harmful chemicals involved
Old 29th January 2012, 16:31   #238
BHPian

Got "Lime" scented Shaldan - from a local store - gave somewhat discount too - purchased for 200/- - excellent mild smell - much better than ambipure(this thing gives me headache because of strong smell)
Old 29th January 2012, 21:27   #239
Senior - BHPian

Till now I've tried Lime, Lemon and Squash fragrances of My Shaldan and my favourite is Lime followed by Squash. Currently using the Lemon and not liking it much.
kaushik_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 00:12   #240
BHPian

Well shaldan apple fragrance is also good. Been using it for the past month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks