Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2009, 12:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

is there any special paint for dashboards or plastics and fibre parts?
i think those paint will hold good on dash.
Old 28th July 2009, 19:52   #32
BHPian

info on paint

Great job man!!

Can you post the pictures of the paint/primer used. Also the source/address where you got them from.

Lot of us here would love to get our hands dirty!!!
Suneet
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi starting up a pretty old thread.

Rahul: I would like to know the exact name of the primer & the paints that you have used. I would like to try the same things on my zen's wheels.
Old 22nd February 2010, 23:58   #34
BHPian

Name of paints

Hi,

I have used Sefco spray paints as well as Bosny spray paint for the above job. Although its been months that I have not done any more painting, I am going to start the remaining paint job very soon. These paints are available at hardware stores especially with those who sell paints (asian paints, nerolac etc etc) These sprays come in size of 400ml cans and cost approx. Rs. 220/- per can. A single can of color and primer each should be sufficient for you to completely paint the wheels caps or steel rims of your car. Rims might take some more amount of spray, may be another can or so, since the surface area will be more. But, whatever, you paint, make sure you sand the surface properly, primer it using the spray of above brands atleast twice and allow it to air dry for few hours, then apply 2 coats of the desired color in a similar fashion to get a uniform coating.

For body touch up , visit com-paint.com where touch up sprays of original color are available for as low as Rs. 260 along with a surface cleaner. Do visit the video section on this website to see the touch up jobs. I am also going to get one for mine. Before visiting a paint shop for minor straches etc, buy a paint spray and try the touch up your self. the satisfaction of a DIY is immense.. so go getup and don't just try ..do it...

Let me know for any queries..and do post pics of your DIY..BEST OF LUCK..!!!

Regards,
Rahul
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Hi,

I have used Sefco spray paints as well as Bosny spray paint for the above job. Although its been months that I have not done any more painting, I am going to start the remaining paint job very soon. These paints are available at hardware stores especially with those who sell paints (asian paints, nerolac etc etc) These sprays come in size of 400ml cans and cost approx. Rs. 220/- per can. A single can of color and primer each should be sufficient for you to completely paint the wheels caps or steel rims of your car. Rims might take some more amount of spray, may be another can or so, since the surface area will be more. But, whatever, you paint, make sure you sand the surface properly, primer it using the spray of above brands atleast twice and allow it to air dry for few hours, then apply 2 coats of the desired color in a similar fashion to get a uniform coating.

For body touch up , visit com-paint.com where touch up sprays of original color are available for as low as Rs. 260 along with a surface cleaner. Do visit the video section on this website to see the touch up jobs. I am also going to get one for mine. Before visiting a paint shop for minor straches etc, buy a paint spray and try the touch up your self. the satisfaction of a DIY is immense.. so go getup and don't just try ..do it...

Let me know for any queries..and do post pics of your DIY..BEST OF LUCK..!!!

Regards,
Rahul
Thanks for the info, which grade of emery paper did you use for the sanding? was it 100 or lesser?
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:42   #36
BHPian

I would like to try something like this myself. but need some info.

what brand of primer did you use? was the primer a spray can?
and also what grade of sand paper was used?

UM
Old 23rd February 2010, 19:00   #37
BHPian

Very neat job! Still waiting to see the finished job! ANY DIY job is satisfactory but a DIY well done always brings smiles to the man behind the job.... now stop reading and POST THOSE PICS!!
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

very neat job indeed. do post pics of it in your car though
Old 25th February 2010, 12:12   #39
BHPian

That's a great work indeed. IMO, risk is also involved in it!
Old 9th March 2011, 15:40   #40
BHPian

Re: Dashboard Painting Job in Indigo

Hello Rahul,

interesting thread you started but sad that it died before completion. Is there any chance of you posting the updated pics of changed interiors?
Old 9th March 2011, 17:12   #41
BHPian

No..it hasn't died before completion..only thing is time has denied me from completing it..but I am sure to start soon..anyways the summer is also starting hence there will be no issues with color drying..Will post some pics of the modified interiors..

One more reason I am waiting is my Car is anyways due for a paint job externally..Internal had to be done on Dashboard and the seat sides ..which the painter asked me to remove when the car will be stalled for painting in his booth..

lets see when this happens..Will surely post the pics of the interiors.

I had been told at the beginning of the paint job that the color would chip with time but it has been almost 2.5 yrs now and there has been no signs of chipping anywhere on the painted surfaces..just because I had primered the surfaces well before applying the paint..

Just wait and watch this space..

Regards,
Rahul
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2011, 16:58   #42
BHPian

Guys,

My dashboard painting task ends here as I have sold my Indigo..I had planned to keep it for another 2 yrs or so but had some frustrating moments a couple of weeks back when I was travelling and then I finally decided..enough is enough..

Exchanged it and bought the Blue Eyed Boy..

Apologies to all those who were eagerly waiting to see the final job..

Regards,

Rahul
Old 13th May 2011, 00:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

What brand of primer did you use? Was it in a spray can?
Old 13th May 2011, 14:57   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
What brand of primer did you use? Was it in a spray can?
Yes, it was in a spray can. These sprays are available with most hardware stores nowadays. I had used Bosny and Sefco brands. These are 400 ml spray cans and come in a deo like spray. These are quick drying sprays which dry off in an hrs time.

Regards,

Rahul K
Old 13th May 2011, 17:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

I know about the bosny paints that come in a can but atleast in Mumbai the 3-4 (big) shops I went to did not have a spray primer. Could you post a pic of it please ? or details, for example all Bosny paints have a code. So if you have the Bosny primer please do let us know what the code is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks