Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 12:46   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
No offense, what is that piece of contraption on the front bumper ? IMO would have looked much better minus that clothes hanger. Love the rear bumper for its design.Overall nice job with the body kit and your car needs black/gun metal colored alloys.

That contraption is our very own DC design at his horrible best. That zen job looks tamer as it is in body color but the SUV type overider in front is silly needs to go the rest one can live with!
Old 11th November 2009, 18:01   #392
BHPian

oh god. who did that to the accord!!
Old 11th November 2009, 22:14   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
That contraption is our very own DC design at his horrible best. That zen job looks tamer as it is in body color but the SUV type overider in front is silly needs to go the rest one can live with!

wel i felt it 2 about overider.but since it was a kit i cant do anything.
i am thinking of mayb making it black.how would it look.suggestions are welcome
Old 12th November 2009, 08:11   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001bhp View Post
A few pics of my car. But right now the car is back to stock as i have bigger plans for it (read as a sports kit,new projectors,light force lights etc etc etc)
Very neat car.Looks really sweet. What it needs now is the sports body kit .
Going to fit lightforce lights on the car?
Wont it spoil the look of the front.
Old 12th November 2009, 09:42   #395
1001bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Very neat car.Looks really sweet. What it needs now is the sports body kit .
Going to fit lightforce lights on the car?
Wont it spoil the look of the front.
Thanks buddy.but i have to fit pair of light force as i do a lot of night driving in rural and hilly areas.and also a lot of long distance driving too.And i haven finalized on the lights as of now. its in the list tats all.my priority now is for a tuning box.
And for the sports kit i ve realised that if i put it on a black car it doesnt make any much difference from the stock bumper.it looks best on a white car..so any ideas on this.

Old 12th November 2009, 10:05   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy.but i have to fit pair of light force as i do a lot of night driving in rural and hilly areas.and also a lot of long distance driving too.And i haven finalized on the lights as of now. its in the list tats all.my priority now is for a tuning box.
And for the sports kit i ve realised that if i put it on a black car it doesnt make any much difference from the stock bumper.it looks best on a white car..so any ideas on this.
Good ,If that's the case definitely go for it. Rural areas they are fine but for hilly areas I suggest you also get a pair of filters for the same. They are a no-brainer as they cost 2000 rs.Lightforce has got blue filters. They are very good for the fog in the hilly regions.
I am doing a jeep for myself and getting a pair of roo lights and lightforce lights with filters for the same.
Filters for hilly area's area must.
Check out the link have posted pictures of the filters in one of the pages in my thread of my jeep.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...0-project.html

And that's a valid point it would not really show out. Just leave it as it is or try a very mild body skirt without overdoing it.

And since yours is not a diesel why do u want to go straight for the tuning box. Do the basics first like filters,plugs,ffe,plug Cables.

Regards
Arjun

Last edited by arjunrudra : 12th November 2009 at 10:08.
Old 12th November 2009, 10:05   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have not read your previous post however i am answering purly based on this post, You are right that it will not be visible in a black car as much as in a white car. The black one looks hot stock, having said that since you have mentioned that you do a lot of night hilly/rural driving any thing that compromises your ground clearence will not be recomended. By the sports kit i assume its the bumpers lips and skirts. I had them on my old esteem i broke the front bumper lip twice on Delhi roads(which is better considering Kerala roads). Swift has a better GC however skirts will bring the GC down. Just my 2 cents worth.

Pramod
Old 12th November 2009, 10:24   #398
1001bhp

arjunrudra: Mine is a diesel car dude so the best bet for me is a tuning box.

pramodkumar: NO dude.The swift sports bumper does not foul with GC. it is more or less the same as a stock bumper.

Old 12th November 2009, 11:32   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
arjunrudra: Mine is a diesel car dude so the best bet for me is a tuning box.

pramodkumar: NO dude.The swift sports bumper does not foul with GC. it is more or less the same as a stock bumper.
Oh sorry, Since you removed the ddis badge I didn't get it.
Then the best thing to go for is a tuning box. Pete's real good . The box guarantees a minimum of 15 bhp increase and upto a 25-30 bhp margin. Torque figures go up by a minimum of 5 Kgm. Then you could also do a Hybrid turbo if you want. Maybe you could contact Rippergeo he has got a mean swift.
Old 12th November 2009, 11:58   #400
1001bhp

Quote:
Oh sorry, Since you removed the ddis badge I didn't get it.
Then the best thing to go for is a tuning box. Pete's real good . The box guarantees a minimum of 15 bhp increase and upto a 25-30 bhp margin. Torque figures go up by a minimum of 5 Kgm. Then you could also do a Hybrid turbo if you want. Maybe you could contact Rippergeo he has got a mean swift.
Well the turbo is way out of my budget right now(i still haven started earning yet.gotta save on all the pocket money i get.)when i spoke to dad about the cost involved in putting in a hybrid turbo he was like .are you crazy?
But one day i ll do it(pray that day comes soon)..Are you sure that the box can give a boost of up to 30 bhp?i thought it would give a max of up to around 20 bhp.

Old 12th November 2009, 12:15   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well the turbo is way out of my budget right now(i still haven started earning yet.gotta save on all the pocket money i get.)when i spoke to dad about the cost involved in putting in a hybrid turbo he was like .are you crazy?
But one day i ll do it(pray that day comes soon)..Are you sure that the box can give a boost of up to 30 bhp?i thought it would give a max of up to around 20 bhp.
Yes,Quite sure that you can extract anywhere between 25- 30 bhp , but this might affect the mileage .
But what pete's guarantees is that it will surely increase the bhp by 15 without mileage drop.
Check out their website .There is even a torque curve for the diesel swift.
Did you also check out the filters for the lightforce. you might want to get them.
Old 12th November 2009, 12:29   #402
1001bhp

Quote:
Yes,Quite sure that you can extract anywhere between 25- 30 bhp , but this might affect the mileage .
But what pete's guarantees is that it will surely increase the bhp by 15 without mileage drop.
Check out their website .There is even a torque curve for the diesel swift.
Did you also check out the filters for the lightforce. you might want to get them.
I thought i ll check out the filters when i m buying it.
I know about the higher settings in the box that give more power.but the mileage drops and the car ll smoke a lot.but i ll definitely play around with the settings once i get the box.

Old 16th December 2009, 16:55   #403
Senior - BHPian

Found this one at Yanthra the auto show which was conducted at thrissur can any one guess which car is it ?
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Cars in Kerala-modded-contessa.jpg  

Modded Cars in Kerala-modded-contessa-1.jpg  

Modded Cars in Kerala-modded-contessa-2.jpg  

Modded Cars in Kerala-modded-contessa-3.jpg  

Modded Cars in Kerala-modded-contessa-4.jpg  

Modded Cars in Kerala-modded-contessa-5.jpg  

Old 16th December 2009, 16:58   #404
Senior - BHPian

Five nut alloys so it has to be a contessa
Old 16th December 2009, 17:00   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Found this one at Yanthra the auto show which was conducted at thrissur can any one guess which car is it ?
Contassa, that too 1987 model.

I guess you dont visit the wierd and wacky thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...ml#post1633169

Most Viewed