Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 16:34   #1
BHPian

Is it possible to replace Autocop alarm horn ?

I have Autocop central locking installed in my car. The sound of the alarm is very shrill, all autocop alarms sound the same way. So I was thinking, is it possible only to replace the horn with something more soothing, like we have in expensive cars , if it doesn't involve too much cost or modding.
Old 31st July 2008, 16:42   #2
BHPian

It is possible

It is possible, there will be a male-female connector on the wire from the main unit to the siren.Make sure u get a proper connector for the same.
Best of Luck.
Old 31st July 2008, 16:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

yes, buy any other buzzer you prefer adn get it installed. Just like a car horn, no major mods.
Old 31st July 2008, 16:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

It can be easily done, just select the kind of horn you want and connect it in place of the existing trumpet. It is DIY.
Old 31st July 2008, 17:21   #5
BHPian

Thanks all. So I assume, its only the horn/buzzer which needs to be replaced, no other relay/circuit.

And do I ask for a regular car horn or something specific ?

EDIT : Can anyone recommend a suitable alarm horn.

Last edited by Shakensoul : 31st July 2008 at 17:37.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Yes this is something really interesting and something ive always thought of and wanted to do.

I have noticed that in the hgh end cars like Mercedes, CR-Vs, BMWs, Civics and even the Corollas; when one locks or unlocks the car only the lights flash but there is no chirp and when the alarm goes off, there is no typical alarm like sound usually provided by Xenos, Silicon, Autocop, etc; but instead the car horn acts as an alarm and even the headlights flash together. Can this be done with a regular alarm system like Xenos, Silicon, Autocop, etc??
Old 1st August 2008, 12:47   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi Guys,

Yes this is something really interesting and something ive always thought of and wanted to do.

I have noticed that in the hgh end cars like Mercedes, CR-Vs, BMWs, Civics and even the Corollas; when one locks or unlocks the car only the lights flash but there is no chirp and when the alarm goes off, there is no typical alarm like sound usually provided by Xenos, Silicon, Autocop, etc; but instead the car horn acts as an alarm and even the headlights flash together. Can this be done with a regular alarm system like Xenos, Silicon, Autocop, etc??
Hi Epic,
The lights flashing all depends on to which lights you have given the flasher connection to, in any locking system you can give the headlights as flashers.
As for the siren i would advise you to install another horn of your choice for the siren because the current horn's wiring will be complicated by having 2 switches for the same horn.Incase your installing a new horn as siren please check the rating of the horn as it has to work on the current supplied by the Locking unit.
Old 14th August 2008, 00:42   #8
BHPian

i dont think u can change the buzzer,,i spoke to a autocop guy and he said its not possible,i also asked him that changing the siren/speaker should do the job,,but he proved me wrong :(
Old 28th April 2009, 15:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

nc1bad, The Buzzer/Siren can be changed. the old one went super soft on me. Bought one from a big auto parts shop.

Replaced it myself and it Sounds louder, meaner and different.

bottom line. They dont let you change the buzzer yourself as you are cutting into their income. They will suggest that you change the entire unit.
Old 28th April 2009, 15:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Why not contact Autocop. I hear they are quite economical and competent.
Old 28th April 2009, 16:43   #11
BHPian

I think if you change your siren , then a relay is needed with the additional horn/Siren.
Old 28th April 2009, 18:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

buy any 12 volt siren/buzzer (not the motor based one) and replace the old one with it,
Old 24th November 2012, 07:49   #13
BHPian

Re: Is it possible to replace Autocop alarm horn ?

Can anybody tell me how to replace the siren on an ikon 1.3. I bought an old ikon and cant find the siren. I dont think it is there, since it does not sound when locking and unlocking the doors. I want to replace it with another horn.
Old 24th November 2012, 13:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

Autocop will change the horn for 400/- depending on the model. They will do it for free, if the product is still in warranty. I have got the horn replaced once for 400/-.

Search for autocop's number in your city. call them to a desired location and get it fixed. ask for the bill, because the Bill will have the warranty information on the replacement part.

But the price of the remote (Cobra model) is expensive. better to DIY and open the unit and replace the battery when required. They can also replace the battery, but the labor for it is high.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 24th November 2012 at 13:17.
Old 12th June 2015, 00:19   #15
BHPian

Hi,
Did anybody successfully replace autocop buzzer from a car horn.
I want to do that in my duster not sure if it could be done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks