Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 15:42   #61
Senior - BHPian

bulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
...With some turbo mods it could be a geniune off roader....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Offroader

Please define "off-roader" !!!

In case you have misunderstood, we are talking about a Tata Estate (and not a Tata Sierra, which could be modded to become an off-roader)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
yes OFFROADER..and I no i didnt mis understand. if you consider the "sierra" to be an offroader, then yes the estate can do the same..

it is exactly the sierra with a heavy and bigger body.. suspension upgrades/lift can make it an OFFROADER. sierra turbo's engine/safari 1st gen engine and trans will make it a 4wd.

That's amazing : Tata Estate = Tata Sierra.

How come I didnt know that before ... I am so stupid

Anyway, some info to clear things up : Tata Estate wheelbase --> 2825mm and Tata Sierra wheelbase --> 2400mm

One is a car (albeit a station-wagon), another an SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevan;
...And that's the reason why I seriously wish to turbocharge the car to see if that would tip the scale somewhere ( with the very same 207 engine )...

Hey, jeevan, try to see if you can get the 3.0L DI turbo engine. This may be better than the IDI turbo, even though the power is less (the low-end torque will more than compensate).

Or, if you would like to really enjoy the (high-speed) highway rides, maybe you should consider more powerful DI Turbo engines from Toyota. The NVH levels will be much better as well.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 31st July 2008 at 15:50.
Old 1st August 2008, 19:27   #62

[quote= But, whatever you try, the temp guage still would show slightly higher temperature than the 'mark' on the guage and mechanics say 'it is alright'.[/quote]

Actually, I can take a lot of pictures of the car now but it is raining
cat and dogs outside . Changed the upholstery to a more suitable grey
colour and planning to do more bit by bit . If I turbo this car then the
engine would probably overheat . This is certainly a guess . I don't wish to go for an engine transplant for the time being but engineer the same engine to my liking . What could be the material the radiator is made up of for this car ? It looks to me like some very heavy material and not aluminium . Maybe I am wrong . The overheating started only after I fixed the AC condensor . The AC condensor actually blocks out the radiator very much .
Old 7th October 2008, 00:58   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevan View Post
What could be the material the radiator is made up of for this car ? It looks to me like some very heavy material and not aluminium . Maybe I am wrong . The overheating started only after I fixed the AC condensor . The AC condensor actually blocks out the radiator very much .
I run the same engine in my Sumo and the aftermarket superking AC did make the engine overheat. But, not to atrocious levels.
There is a solution. The condenser and its fan should be shifted to a lower level than the radiator. I've seen this setup in a sumo .But, never had it done to mine since a proper radiator fan shroud helped lower the overheating and these days,it rarely touches 90degrees.
Old 28th November 2009, 12:07   #64
BHPian

here is an idea! check it out.im going to mod my tata estate influenced by this wagon but a bit more flared all around. something like a f150 truck and this merc
Attached Thumbnails
Old Tata Estate .. ideas for mod ?-1988_mercedes_benz_300te_amg_hammer_wagon_front_1.jpg  

Old 28th November 2009, 13:05   #65
BHPian

please merge with my previous post mods!
A pic of the garrett turbo i will be putting in on my estate
Attached Thumbnails
Old Tata Estate .. ideas for mod ?-estate-turbo.jpe  

Old 28th November 2009, 13:43   #66
Senior - BHPian

just plonk the 2.2 DICOR in it and have a blast!
Old 28th November 2009, 14:28   #67
BHPian

Jeevan had last posted on this thread way back last august. makes me wonder what must have happened to the car by now.
Old 1st December 2009, 02:57   #68
BHPian

Has anybody put larger tires on the estate. Mine is currently 195/80 r15. Till what width can i use without hitting the sides?
Old 6th June 2014, 13:41   #69
BHPian

Re: Old Tata Estate .. ideas for mod ?

Old thread but I need suggestions

I had bought an engine a 3 liter petrol six cylinder inline, mercedes with auto tranny and running gear. Attached below.

My initial idea was to plonk it on W123 but I sold it. Later I planned to put it on a contessa or Tata Estate.

Both have been very hard to find but now I have found an Estate with good body condition.

What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
Old Tata Estate .. ideas for mod ?-img20130929wa0007.jpg  

Old Tata Estate .. ideas for mod ?-img20130929wa0011.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks