Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2008, 18:08   #121
c10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Hey C10 weren't your white side indicators never broken ? Both of mine have. Changed them to orange! :(

I have'nt come across the orange type.. so dont know how they look on her.. will check out & see if i make up my mind to change it...

cheers..
Old 20th September 2008, 18:33   #122
c10
BHPian

Zen Pictures..

Here are better pictures of my car..

Under thye music system is the shift light kit to set the shift Lamp to glow in different gears..
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-image049.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image050.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image052.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image053.jpg  

Old 21st September 2008, 12:31   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modifiedsachin View Post
Hello there,

Even I have a similar ZEN (only addition is it has a spoiler).
And even I am looking to modify it to be simple and sweet. I have already done a lot of work on engine & other parts, so the performance is very good.

Even I am of an openion that WHITE is best for ZENs.

I have asked my friend (Who owns a guarage in mumbai) for the paint estimate & MSS also, both are 20K & 30K respectively.
How much you have estimated the paint job for?

I really liked the alloys kept on chair.
Even I want to change my rims but do not know what will be the effect of changing from 12" to something else. Hence was thinking of buying the 12"alloys displayed on Team-BHP classifieds for 7.5K
White even i am thinking, car is still in denting and astar yet so i have some more time in hand to decide about the colour, go for 13" as many zens run on 13", it wont affect ur ride or FE, infact it will increase the height of the car as well.
Old 21st September 2008, 12:37   #124
Senior - BHPian

c10 why two colors for the rims ( left front and rear) . IMO a white zen looks nice but a black one is the real killer in terms of looks. But then to each his own so peace.
Old 21st September 2008, 12:43   #125
BHPian

@ adi: - Hey neat looking ride man, now how is the baby ? have you completed your 1000 kms? what suspensions are you planning to get ?

@ rjstyles69: - hey i had thought of black but honestly somehow i am not fond of the black colour as as small / slight scratches can also be seen and black attracts a lot of heat.
Old 22nd September 2008, 00:44   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan suleman View Post
@ adi: - Hey neat looking ride man, now how is the baby ? have you completed your 1000 kms? what suspensions are you planning to get ?
Thank you Zeeshan! Its still only 600 kms man. You know Blore, you can travel 5 kms every hour! Suspension stuff left to Sanjay at RD. I will keep you updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10 View Post
No iDea.. As said earlier i bought the car 2 months ago & i have made no Mods on her.. Only a gen service at the Showroom..

Had taken my baby to Shabbir once to get the end can checked as there as a small leak, he said he must have installed himself recognizing my baby's fancy #..

So she has a custom built End-can on her..
Thank you c10, I will call you once my car is all set to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
hey adi99 .. really nice looking (and m,oving i presure!!) car you got there. good job on keeping that clean look. always wanted an engine upgrade but at one point thought i might sell the car so never followed through with it. what have you done about your suspension work?!
Thank you Ashvin, to be honest, am not sure whats going to happen. It all depends on Sanjay at RD and I am sure, its more than "the best". Will keep you updated!!!
Old 22nd September 2008, 06:27   #127
c10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
c10 why two colors for the rims ( left front and rear) . IMO a white zen looks nice but a black one is the real killer in terms of looks. But then to each his own so peace.
Hi rjstyles69,

I have done no changes to my baby since she joined me..

Actually i dont have enough time to get the rims painted.. I'm planning to paint them Dull-Black / Racing Gold.. The only place i've taken her & Sunshine (My Yellow '97 Zen) is Kalyani (Service center) & they have quoted me a high price to get the rim painted..

Planning to get them painted asap.. No idea where & when the Muhurat is..

Cheers,
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:40   #128
BHPian

When ever I move at a speed of 40 - 50 my windows and doors make sound as if they are not properly tightned but when I reach the speed 60+ the same thing suddenly becomes quiet.

I will be posting the pics tomorrow (I have the camera with me but forgot the cord today).

There are many things I can see, like left headlight has more gap than right with reference to the bonet. Left rear door do not appear to be closed completely. Normally the window glasses make sound at low speed. Then bonet and the support plate below are detached. (the bonet metal which we see from top & a metal support with rectangular cavities).

I am planning to get all the rubber parts changed once it stops raining. But only changing all rubber will solve this?

When the car will be given for re-rubbering ( my new term) the doors will be removed and will be refitted with new hinges (if required).

I really hate when any kind of sound is herd inside the car.

Can some body please suggest something.
Old 24th September 2008, 11:43   #129
BHPian

As promised here are the pics of my ride

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Hello mods, if my queries are too many and will hamper the current discussion going on in this thread then please instruct me so. As since the ZEN modification thread was already there I didn't started a new thread.

The picture order is as follows
  1. Engine Bay (Need to know the names & function of Parts 1-5)
  2. Left Head light (Much in line with bonet)
  3. Right Head light (A big gap between bonet & headlight)
  4. Two doors from driver side (Got some mis alignment, but much better than the other side)
  5. The look from behind (The dent on ZEN Venyal is the electric pole, which i missed in IRVM, & ORVMS it was exactly behind and wasent visible in either of the mirrors & I was very vise to miss it)
  6. Two doors on other side (The rear door looks as if its not properly closed)
  7. My new Goodyear tyres
  8. A close shot of dash (see the scratched part where the glue of mobile holders spoiled the dash)
  9. The area which is mostly in my view
  10. The driver side front door (with a hole for Power window control perviously installed)
  11. Ac unit from inside (this is the one which is always coated with condensed water when I park the car after long drive)
  12. Some wiring below the instrument panel
  13. Fuse box & the auto cop installed
  14. The inside AC plastic box from stearing column side
  15. New stearing column and three most important controls ABC
  16. Finally the beauty and the beast
The initial requirement is to change all the rubber parts (gaskets, garnish etc. etc) and get my doors aligned properly.

The dash is what I want get pained next and want to have a neat wiring.
Also want to change the side skirts (the ones which has a hole for power window controls, I hope skirt is what it is called)

Then I wasnt to add a good thick carpet below, now I can feel the slits of the bottom metal while using A & C. -\_/--\_/-- something like this on the metal below the carpet.

The seats are soft (I can press the foam) but not at all comfirtabel, cushinhing is completely absent, feels like an auto seats which are soft but no comfort. Also the back rest of the front seats is bit small (old zen seats) and hence my sholders are exactly between the head rest & the back rest.

After all this I will like to get my complete car painted. Complete is with the engine bay & other lower body parts as well.

I am estimating exactly how much all this will go for.

My current estimate is

8K for seats re-foaming, normal leather covers, carpet & hood
15k for outer body painting (since its my friends gaurage I get some concession for paint job)
2-3k for alignment and other denting job
2-3k for complete rubber replacement.

I hope with this another 30K app. the car will look much what I wanted to have.

Please suggest & put your comments.

Waiting for your replies.
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-img_0058.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_0245.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_0254.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_0253.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_0255.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_0256.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_0257.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_0259.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_0258.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_0260.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_0262.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_0263.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_0264.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_0265.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_0266.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_0267.jpg  

Old 24th September 2008, 12:26   #130
Senior - BHPian

@sachin: please loose all the chrome accessories first, paint your stock steel wheels, black (so that the wheel caps will look better), get the b & c pillars painted black.

btw, what color have you decided to go for ?
Old 24th September 2008, 12:44   #131
BHPian

I too hate them.

I never like any shiny parts (bikes are totally different in this regards :-))

But what I am afraid is if I remove them before painting then at many places the rust or may be worst will be visible.

I dont know if the small antenna like thing on top center of my roof is visible in snaps (I think the snap showing the two doors from driver side shows it) but thats a fake one and want to remove that as well but having a same fear so will remove once the car goes for pain job.

I am planning to go white again. Not really stuck up with it. But somehow prefer to keep it white. (Planning to use new 2k White rather than solid white, the one which is given for new swift & Alto etc)

I had real bad experience with wheel caps. Today none of the tyres have the caps.

But have seen the effect with black paint on rims and planning to get it done with new caps. But before that I want to change the rims itself as even they are rusted & dont want to put money in alloys as tere are many other pending already other than rims.

I want to have some estimation of cost of the whole job (as mentioned in my last thread) so that I can arrange for the same. (GF always keep your pocket empty ). I have estimated somewhat but want to know if I am estimating correct, if yes then will give the car after diwali (can't give beofre diwali or my parents will kill me saying the car is not available when required the most)
Old 24th September 2008, 22:50   #132
BHPian

Is there any way to reduce/eliminate rattles from the doors?
My Zen has done 80K (8 years) and the doors rattle very much.
Old 24th September 2008, 23:09   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Is there any way to reduce/eliminate rattles from the doors?
My Zen has done 80K (8 years) and the doors rattle very much.

I tried it several times. Changed the door hinges as well. When its out of the garage, there is no rattle but after some days it starts again!!! Maruti, man!
Old 24th September 2008, 23:36   #134
BHPian

Check your door hinges. by this time it would be pretty worn out. you might need to change both the sets front left and right doors. 2 hinges each.
Old 25th September 2008, 11:13   #135
evo
BHPian

Please get your bumpers painted white when she goes in for the job, also see if you can get the nicer looking grille instead of this one.

Get nice number plates and upfront get a place thats only as long as the protruding bit for the screws.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks