Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:05   #301
BHPian

OMG !! The front side of that nano looks horrible . I wonder how Ratan tata would react to this
Old 24th September 2009, 04:00   #302
Senior - BHPian

that nano looks loke a praying mantis
Old 24th September 2009, 05:34   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The City can be tolerable, but the nano-the less said the better.The original europa nano loks so much tastefully done than this fishmouth frog POS. Carnation + DC (disastrous creations)=

(pics from motorbeam)
side profile of nano looks okay. but the front bumper is disaster. why does the nano need so many grills in front bumper?
Old 24th September 2009, 10:05   #304
Team-BHP Support

Any idea how DC managed to fit 4-hole alloys on an original 3-hole wheel design of the Nano?
Old 24th September 2009, 10:09   #305
Senior - BHPian

The Nano looks okay. Gives it a better stance. The front is weird though. Somethings out of place.
Old 24th September 2009, 11:57   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
side profile of nano looks okay. but the front bumper is disaster. why does the nano need so many grills in front bumper?
Probably to assist in cooling the passengers, because of a lack of an AC due to cost cutting.
Old 24th September 2009, 16:33   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
The Red monster is a Tata Safari done by DC. The owner wanted something different and infact liked what DC showed him on paper.
I remember telling this earlier and I repeat again. When he makes those rendering, which i admit are simply superb, all his designs end up looking fantastic. The moment it ends up in sheetmetal, some of them turn into shitmetal !!
I've been to his office and had an hour long discussion about various aspects of design and I truly admire his thoughts on "design".Unfortunately, they're all too quirky to be comfortable.
I was at his office when he was set to drive off to the muhurat shot of "tarzan-The wondercar" (the hindi movie for the uninitiated) . He was patient enough to talk to me for 1 hr and prolong going to the appointment(incidentally it was reported he ended up 1 hr late and it was coz I was there).I appreciate his move to talk to an upcoming designer.

Last edited by 14000rpm : 24th September 2009 at 16:35.
14000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2009, 20:23   #308
Senior - BHPian

DC's apraoch is very simple: Take a very well designed vehicle, chop it, disturb the balance so it looses all the design integrity. For him design is just a form (ugly one at that) and absolutely no thought given to function. Whether he designs a rear engine mounted car or a electric car, it has to have a huge grill overwhelming the entire car. Idea is to simply shock the viewers.
Old 24th September 2009, 20:50   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
guys just seen this thread
you gotta b kidding me,is this car made for someone or this is demo?
if it is made it must be on the roads ha?how can someone drive such a crap.i have seen so many design by DC but one is worth than the other.just wonder how this man is become this famous
I dont thing if anyone knows that DC started his passion of modifing by modified his own Maruti Gypsy sometime in 1986,till then he had a office near worli. He gave instructionjs to a patrawala garage guy who did as told by DC and later painted it in metallic green and thus new avtar of modified shape cars started.
At the same time I brought my Gypsy and it was a pickup body,and reqd a body to be built and went to DC for the first time and he gave me a price which was nowhere near Nicholas,another body builders for gypsys etc in vasai but quality was nowhere near DC ,and over and above DC was not fullfledge with car modification profession in those days and did it as a hobby, he had some other business in those days thus was not too much interested in taking up modification jobs for outsiders or unknown people.
Old 24th September 2009, 21:09   #310
BHPian

So far I have only loved 3 of his designs. 1. Siera Karma, 2. Maruti 1000 based targa top sports 2 seater(don't know the name) 3. Contesa based limo conversion. All of these were done long back. Have to admit though the interiors are done prety well always. specifically the innovas and tempo travelers
Old 25th September 2009, 00:37   #311
BHPian

I like some of the DC works and some I dont. Just my personal opinion.

For some reason, I think people go to him to have a vehicle which is not similar to other road users, basically having something different (May be that's why most of the sports cars come in yellow when normal cars are never preferred in that color) or may be the person just wants to stand out of the crowd.

I realize that it might look bad or it might look Fab but its doing its job, by standing out of the crowd and having all eyes glued to it, anywhere it goes. People's perspective of liking it or not is completely left to them.

This I say not because I had a Indica with a DC body kit in 2000 and not because my Office bus is DC designed, but as a common man who likes all the different looking vehicles on the road. And with such a finish that noone else is able to provide. Just my opinion about it.

I say this cause the thread title does not go well with the thread contents itself as it should be more like DC Designs Bashing thread or Worst Designs in India by DC.
Old 14th October 2009, 10:59   #312
BHPian

When I saw the press release of DC kits for the Swift, it certainly was mildly exciting. One look at the pictures confirms that I'm not letting this guy anywhere close to my car. Nano looks like mini Darth Vader. Swift is down right ugly. I'm happy to see (and laugh at) guys who buy these kits.

I also ready many posts about how well the renderings look on paper but the cars in flesh are hideous. The only bit that I can add there is, DC should get DVD packs of Overhaulin and give it a thorough view. It isn't that difficult when you have the tools.

I've personally carried out some work on my previous cars and they came out looking fine (will post some pics). The take out message of this post is that the lesser we spoke about these designs, the better it'd be.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:01   #313
BANNED

Dc forgot the engine is at the back on the Nano?
Old 9th November 2009, 17:07   #314
BHPian

this is called glorifying the ugly !
Old 9th November 2009, 17:59   #315
BANNED

Ok folks DJ Aqueel has heard your prayers and he did this DJ Aqeel vandalises Dilip Chabbaria's car- News- Zigwheels

Now the next time you guys don't like any DC Design, contact Aqueel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks