Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 01:27   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The reason I used the stock ECU on the Himalays was because I did not have the correct version of the tuning software and the car was knocking a little bit on the RD ECU as the version of the RD ECU that I have does not have automatic altitude correction and it had been setup for Bangalore conditions. So on higher altitudes I was using the stock ECU.
Did you know that this could be an issue. You seemed prepared for the switch.

I thought once the RD ECU is wired you cannot easily switch back to the stock ECU? how is it done. Dont tell me there is a flip switch.
Old 16th September 2009, 01:40   #257
Senior - BHPian

Vicky baba, one oil change, but how many engine changes on the way?

Great to have you back. Saved Calcutta for next time, I see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
I thought once the RD ECU is wired you cannot easily switch back to the stock ECU? how is it done. Dont tell me there is a flip switch.
Very much a flip switch. Most of us run them on our cars. I wonder why there is so much misinformation floating about the RD ECU.
Old 16th September 2009, 02:33   #258

OHHH!!! So this is YOUR car!! No wonder!! I was besides it for a while a few weeks ago..I dont remember exactly when though. I wondered where I had seen this car before.
but what were you doing in bombay??
Old 16th September 2009, 08:54   #259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
OHHH!!! So this is YOUR car!! No wonder!! I was besides it for a while a few weeks ago..I dont remember exactly when though. I wondered where I had seen this car before.
Hmmmm, let me take a wild guess at that.

He was on his way to Leh and if one wants to go to Leh, you have to go through Mumbai.
Old 16th September 2009, 09:37   #260
Senior - BHPian

Vikram_d
Thats an incredible achievement. :
Post some pics of the trip, if not the travelogue.
Old 16th September 2009, 09:52   #261
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well folks I dont think there is going to be a detailed travelogue (too lazy to sit and write one and tons of overdue work).
Vikram, you don't have to write a detailed travelogue. Members already know the route and road conditions. Thanks to loads of Leh trips this year. Just post some pictures with descriptions.

Congrats! It's a splendid feat.
Old 16th September 2009, 09:57   #262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes I was. Was staying in Prabhadevi.
We had quite a laugh, didn't we?
And yes Salil, the car did come to Shivaji Park.
Must say, nice car. Congrats on your journey. Sad you couldn't come for the Ramadan meet.
Old 16th September 2009, 11:20   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Did you know that this could be an issue. You seemed prepared for the switch.

Yes I had known that the engine would knock at those altitudes on the RD ECU as it had been setup for Bangalore conditions. Moreover I did not have the correct version of the tuning software to make the necessary changes.

Second part has already been answered by Akshay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Vicky baba, one oil change, but how many engine changes on the way?

Great to have you back. Saved Calcutta for next time, I see!
Lost count of the engine changes...lol.

Calcutta is being saved for the next vacation which is going to be to the North East.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I spent 4 days in Bombay on my way to Leh and a night again on my way back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Vikram, you don't have to write a detailed travelogue. Members already know the route and road conditions. Thanks to loads of Leh trips this year. Just post some pictures with descriptions.

Congrats! It's a splendid feat.
Thanks Rudra. Will post up some pictures by today evening on this thread itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
We had quite a laugh, didn't we? Must say, nice car. Congrats on your journey. Sad you couldn't come for the Ramadan meet.
Yes we did. Imagine my surprise when I found out that I was staying in the very same building as you. lol.

Last edited by vikram_d : 16th September 2009 at 11:26.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:04   #264
Senior - BHPian

I havent heard of feat a like this with just an oil change; a feat a common man wouldn't do unless he prepares his stock car for days.This should confirm how good the turbo setup is and moreover how stable, usable it is for a daily or interstate drive.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:12   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rudra. Will post up some pictures by today evening on this thread itself.
Not this thread. We need a separate travelogue for the Leh trip. You need not explain anything. Just upload the pics

Btw, have you changed your tyres from the S-Drives ? And what happened to the rear wiper ?
Old 16th September 2009, 12:13   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I havent heard of feat a like this with just an oil change; a feat a common man wouldn't do unless he prepares his stock car for days.This should confirm how good the turbo setup is and moreover how stable, usable it is for a daily or interstate drive.
And to top it all I was not carrying any spare parts except for some fuses and a couple of H1 HID headlight bulbs.

I was carrying a tool kit which was pretty useless without any spares to go with it.

The only time the toolkit was even opened was to repair the punctured tyre in Delhi.

And if I had listened to some other people's advice I wouild have had to take a backup truck to carry the spares.

The only preparation work that went on to the car before leaving from Bangalore was to change the gear box oil and change brake fluid. Also all the head bolts were checked for proper torquing and were found to be perfect.

@Fountainheader - The S drives were due for a change anyways. So this trip provided the perfect opportunity to replace them. The rear wiper assembly had been removed as the rear wiper was way past it's life cycle and there were none in stock to replce it.

The tyres that replced the S drives were Continental PremiumContact 2 tyres. Size 195/60-R15. These tyres were chosen because they are comfort oriented tyres and are made of a hard rubber compound and also have a pretty stiff sidewall.

Last edited by vikram_d : 16th September 2009 at 12:17.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:51   #267
Senior - BHPian

Man this is a true reliability test for a modded car!!! When we met in Leh i was to know that Vikram was running a turbo in there, I thought it must have been a ldi or something, what a fool i was...lol

I think this example gives me enough inspiration to get a turbo some time in future.

@ Vikram - we were gonna meet on your way back right?? what happened got late in reaching mumbai?? or were you dead tired??

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 16th September 2009 at 12:53.
Old 16th September 2009, 13:03   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Man this is a true reliability test for a modded car!!! When we met in Leh i was to know that Vikram was running a turbo in there, I thought it must have been a ldi or something, what a fool i was...lol

I think this example gives me enough inspiration to get a turbo some time in future.

@ Vikram - we were gonna meet on your way back right?? what happened got late in reaching mumbai?? or were you dead tired??
Hey Kaushik. Sorry we could not meet in Bombay. I entered Bombay during peak rush hour traffic and reached my aunt's place only by 8:30pm. After that I just did not have any energy left. Will definitely meet up next time I am in Bombay.

But was good to have met up with you in Leh. My wife's comment when she heard that you were there "Yeh Team-BHP wale idhar bhi pahonch gaye".
Old 16th September 2009, 13:21   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Kaushik. Sorry we could not meet in Bombay. I entered Bombay during peak rush hour traffic and reached my aunt's place only by 8:30pm. After that I just did not have any energy left. Will definitely meet up next time I am in Bombay.

But was good to have met up with you in Leh. My wife's comment when she heard that you were there "Yeh Team-BHP wale idhar bhi pahonch gaye".
No problem dude, infact i also remembered only on the next day. Sure we will meet up soon.

Seriously man we can have a meet anywhere on earth..lol
Old 16th September 2009, 13:31   #270
BHPian

Been there. Done that in a Swift would be more apt. Correct? I never expected to see a swift covered with all that dust in such a place(The photo you posted in the other thread). Waiting for more pictures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks