Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 19:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

SX4 with MGA body kit (skirts & spoiler)

It has been quite some time, that I had been looking around for a decent body kit for my car. My initial intention was to save money and go for after market kit available. But so far, I have been disappointed with the quality of the kit as well as the horrid paint job. I also got to see few cars with after market body kit, which within 3-4 months, gotten various scratches, uneven paint and cracks and these further put me off from going for one. Finally, after enquiring around from various places, i got a decent deal on a MGA ABS body kit from my dealer (around 5-6k difference from similar after market kit). They painted the kits 4 days prior and today, got my car suited up. The 3 hours time had been an experience, seeing transformation of my 'normal' car into a 'mean' machine (aesthetically ) Let the pictures do that talking..

Please suggest a good muffler tip that will go with the rear skirting!Comments most welcome!

Last edited by iTNerd : 4th March 2008 at 19:09.
Old 4th March 2008, 19:12   #2
Team-BHP Support

looks real nice. the side skirt seems a little brighter than the rest. get a remus endcan.
Old 4th March 2008, 20:38   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
It has been quite some time, that I had been looking around for a decent body kit for my car. My initial intention was to save money and go for after market kit available. But so far, I have been disappointed with the quality of the kit as well as the horrid paint job. I also got to see few cars with after market body kit, which within 3-4 months, gotten various scratches, uneven paint and cracks and these further put me off from going for one. Finally, after enquiring around from various places, i got a decent deal on a MGA ABS body kit from my dealer (around 5-6k difference from similar after market kit). They painted the kits 4 days prior and today, got my car suited up. The 3 hours time had been an experience, seeing transformation of my 'normal' car into a 'mean' machine (aesthetically )
Looks nice. How much did it cost altogether? My dealer quoted 30k for the entire thing.
Old 4th March 2008, 21:03   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

That lip spoiler looks ammmmmazing!
Old 4th March 2008, 21:30   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks great! How much did it cost?

What's the ground clearance now? From the snaps, it looks like the front is most at risk followed by the side skirtings and lastly the rear :-)
Old 4th March 2008, 21:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

At last you got it buddie.I am happy that you went for the mga ones.Looks nice and go for a remus or an automech end can.What is the price that you gave for it finally.
ram
Old 4th March 2008, 22:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
looks real nice. the side skirt seems a little brighter than the rest. get a remus endcan.
Thanks buddy.. Yes, evidently from the picture. But they seems to match in person! Might be possible the car color has faded in the 9 months of ownership...

Quote:
That lip spoiler looks ammmmmazing!
That's one of my favorite too!

Quote:
Looks nice. How much did it cost altogether? My dealer quoted 30k for the entire thing.
Quote:
Looks great! How much did it cost?
I got it for 20K including painting. Even I got quoted 30K, 25K from 3-4 dealers.. but its kinda funny, I pitted fictitous offer from a dealer to another, and was able to bring down to 20K. An after market kit which I enquired cost around 14K and that too without the lip spoiler.. so played safe with the MGA kit.

Quote:
What's the ground clearance now? From the snaps, it looks like the front is most at risk followed by the side skirtings and lastly the rear :-)
That's my next worry! From the looks of it, it seems a decent clearance. I used to throw the car on the few zig-zag, patholes ridden road in Delhi and around carelessly without much worry, but now I guess have to be extra careful.. But overall, the roads are pretty much good, so should be OK most of the time.. Will measure the actual clearance soon..

Quote:
At last you got it buddie.I am happy that you went for the mga ones.Looks nice and go for a remus or an automech end can.What is the price that you gave for it finally.
Thanks buddy. Yeah, indeed. Glad that I went for MGA. At least, I can come to term with the premium amount paid for the durability, ABS tag and finish. The skirts feel really rigid, and all this time, I sensed something was missing in my car. I guess, it was the skirts.. No Angelina Jolie, but this one below:

Quote:
...go for a remus or an automech end can....
BTW, how much does it cost approx.?

Last edited by iTNerd : 4th March 2008 at 22:41.
Old 4th March 2008, 22:42   #8
BHPian

awesome man ....for tip why don't you try looking at something like this
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1991_74587005
Old 5th March 2008, 00:26   #9
BANNED

those 16 inch look puny i feel time for a upsize
Old 5th March 2008, 01:38   #10

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
I was about to say the same thing...the car needs 18" rims atleast.

@itnerd:the car looks awesome....but just be careful on speedbreakers because when the car is fully loaded,the rear skirt has a very high probability of grounding when you get off the speedbreaker.
Can you please tell me the dealer where you got it from...even im considering it since it looks awesome and the quality is good as well.
And again the car looks brilliant
Old 5th March 2008, 09:10   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BTW, how much does it cost approx.?
remus can cost anything between 6-14k.
Old 5th March 2008, 11:08   #12
BHPian

This looks cool from the rear-side view. an upsize wheels & tyres will add to the sporty look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
looks real nice. the side skirt seems a little brighter than the rest.
I do agree here. but is it due to the lighting of that pic?
Old 5th March 2008, 11:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

The reason why different dealers quoted different price is that earlier the kit came from suzuki which was costly.The dealers would be having the older kits in stock.
The one you got is from ntf-same quality and finish at affordable price.Now ntf is the OE supplier for MSIL.All the cars at MSIL display at the auto show was done up by ntf-Almost 20 cars.
ram
Old 5th March 2008, 11:14   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I was about to say the same thing...the car needs 18" rims atleast
While that's very visible.. 17" will be a good compromise.. But not in a position now to shell out 40-50K for new rims and tyres.. Not at least for a year!

Quote:
@itnerd:the car looks awesome....but just be careful on speedbreakers because when the car is fully loaded,the rear skirt has a very high probability of grounding when you get off the speedbreaker.
Can you please tell me the dealer where you got it from...even im considering it since it looks awesome and the quality is good as well.
And again the car looks brilliant
Thanks. having a careful drive since kitting up.. but the GC is still good enough, IMO and the rear has the most of it. I got it from my own dealer, RANA motors @Bhikaji cama place. If you need a contact, PM me.
Old 5th March 2008, 11:16   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely kit. You'll also have a smile on your face for a long time due to their quality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks