Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Whats your experience with the Swift Aftermarket projectors ?
Im running projectors & satisfied as they offer better performance than 100/90 halogen bulbs 16 18.39%
Im running projectors and not satisfied :( 7 8.05%
My friends friends friend has them and they are super cool cos his car looks like a UFO 48 55.17%
I am running HID's in the stock Swift HL assembly as the projectors suck !! 16 18.39%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2009, 19:14   #256
BHPian

Help Regarding Swift's Projector Headlamps.

Hello Friends,

I am Finally planning to buy the Projector Head lamps for my Swift. I however have some questions/doubt regarding the same, Hope your suggestions and expert opinion would help me a lot.

1) In a projector Setup both High and Low beam does not work together it gets cut off, How to get both High and low beam to work together..?
2) Can a Blown out Led or the Angel eye be replaced if not working, If yes how? Does this requires opening the Headlight Assembly..?
3) Whats best(HID or Halogen Bulb) to use as in High Beam and Low beam.?

Waiting for your reply's. Thanks.
Old 19th April 2009, 21:19   #257
BHPian

1) In a projector Setup both High and Low beam does not work together it gets cut off, How to get both High and low beam to work together..?

you have to play a little with the wiring. some experienced mechanic can do it from the headlight lever in inside the car only.

2) Can a Blown out Led or the Angel eye be replaced if not working, If yes how? Does this requires opening the Headlight Assembly..?

it can be replaced without opening the entire assembly. can be easily done. no problem!

H1 will go into the projectors. halogen in the high beam, will say go for either philips xtreme power or osram night breaker. for low beam, pick any HID that you get in the market. it will be around 7-8k with B&W. you can even buy it online for alot less.
Old 19th April 2009, 23:14   #258
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your reply white_vdi.

you have to play a little with the wiring. some experienced mechanic can do it from the headlight lever in inside the car only.

Actually My car is In Ranchi (Jharkhand), I don't think there might be anyone who would be knowing this, Any other option or is there some guide available for the same or if needed can you provide me how to do that when required.

it can be replaced without opening the entire assembly. can be easily done. no problem!

Are you sure the Angel Eye Rings can also be Replaced without opening the complete headlight Assembly, Also any idea how much do these rings and Leds cost.

H1 will go into the projectors. halogen in the high beam, will say go for either philips xtreme power or osram night breaker. for low beam, pick any HID that you get in the market. it will be around 7-8k with B&W. you can even buy it online for alot less.

I was thinking about the same setup, What if I use HID both in high and Low beam.

Thanks Again for Replying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post

Old 20th April 2009, 00:21   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrocks7 View Post
1) Its not really complicated wirings. Any good installer would know how to make both of them work together.
2) While the Low/High beams can be easily replaced, changing the parking light, atleast in my case needs removal of the entire assembly.
3) HIDs for projectors/Low beam and Halogens for high beam is the best combo. Both are H1.

Here's a pic of Angel eyes on my Swift!
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed-imgp3959.jpg  

Old 20th April 2009, 08:51   #260
BHPian

FountainHeader, Could you please explain a bit in detail how to do that if you have any idea about it.. (Make both high and low beams to work together)..?
Old 20th April 2009, 09:18   #261
Senior - BHPian

@Jag, i'd recommend sticking to regular bulbs for the high beam. The HID's take time to warm up initially, which could be a problem if you want to flash at another car.
Old 20th April 2009, 11:05   #262
BHPian

@JayD,Yes I am also thinking of the same setup to get HID's in the Low beam and a normal Halogen Bulb for the Hi Beams. Do you have any idea how to wire them so to get both the hi and low beam to work together.
Old 20th April 2009, 18:59   #263
BHPian

Anybody who has done this and can explain in a bit details how to get both the high and low beam in the projector setup to work together. Gurus where are you please help..
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:12   #264
1001bhp

My opinion would be to stick to halogens in the high beam especially if you drive more outside the city.And in the rains or fog HIDs are not that helpful in lighting up the road(have experienced it first Hand).And as JayD mentioned you will not be able to flash using an HID.

Old 23rd April 2009, 23:09   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001bhp View Post
My opinion would be to stick to halogens in the high beam especially if you drive more outside the city.And in the rains or fog HIDs are not that helpful in lighting up the road(have experienced it first Hand).And as JayD mentioned you will not be able to flash using an HID.
Thanks for the suggestion. I see from your avatar you too have a Projector lamps installed, What setup are you currently using.?
Old 28th April 2009, 13:47   #266
1001bhp

I am using HIDs for the Low Beams and Halogens for the High Beams..Pretty satisfied with the set up.

Old 9th May 2009, 23:41   #267
BHPian

Got the Projectors Finally.!!

Well people I finally got the projector's headlights after a very very long wait. Its the 3 Led type one, dint find the other type and got a good deal on these.

I am planning to get HID's in the low beam (Projectors) and Normal halogen in High beams, Could you please suggest which company halogen bulb should i look for an approximate price for it.?
Old 10th May 2009, 01:14   #268
BHPian

jag what temperature HID you planning to put in?
i would suggest osram night breaker or something if you dont mind yellowish light to go with your projectors. something that has nice illumination.
otherwise if you want white halogen light, you will find options in philips. dont remember the exact model.

how much did you get the projectors for?
Old 10th May 2009, 14:26   #269
BHPian

White_Vdi, I think I'll be getting the HID's with color temperature 6000k, I know that 4300K are very good in terms of visibility but I think it's too rare to find, lets see if I can get the 4300K or else I'll get the 6000K. Also Planning to add HID's on the Fog Lamps same 6000K.

Well I am ok too use the yellowish light as you mentioned which will give a better illumination but won't it look a bit out of place when High and low beam are switched together with 6000K HID in lower projector and yellow halogen in the high beams. Any solution to this.?

It came around 7.5K for the projector's.. Do tell me know how's the price?

Last edited by jagrocks7 : 10th May 2009 at 14:29.
Old 11th May 2009, 01:04   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrocks7 View Post
White_Vdi, I think I'll be getting the HID's with color temperature 6000k, I know that 4300K are very good in terms of visibility but I think it's too rare to find, lets see if I can get the 4300K or else I'll get the 6000K. Also Planning to add HID's on the Fog Lamps same 6000K.

Well I am ok too use the yellowish light as you mentioned which will give a better illumination but won't it look a bit out of place when High and low beam are switched together with 6000K HID in lower projector and yellow halogen in the high beams. Any solution to this.?

It came around 7.5K for the projector's.. Do tell me know how's the price?
if you are in bangalore, then try getting in touch with satya or visit Evo. he will be of help. and 7.5k for projectors is a very nice deal!
the solution to high low beams on at the same time is that you get some white light halogen only.
i dont mind the white + yellow combo on the projectors. infact i like it that way! i dont fancy the all white or blue headlights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks