Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 13:50   #1
BHPian

Components on Alto Lxi

I wanted to know if its possible to fit front component speakers on the Alto Lxi... it has the space for 4" Speakers on the Dashboard. I have decided to get the Pioneer 7959UB and will be going in for Rear 6"x9" pioneer speakers for the rear... the best i can get for 4K (without bill and warranty). But have not decided on front speakers... a friend advised me go in for regular 4" speakers from Pioneer... as I am a Pioneer fan... so are there any options to install Component speakers in the front on the Alto... which model and wot wud the price be like. Thanx
Old 18th December 2007, 16:36   #2
BHPian

ddd08, welcome to the Forums. This question should go to the ICE section.

Anyways, you sure can put 4" components in the Alto. I changed from Coaxial (JBL GTO 437) to components (Illusion Audio Electra EL 4.1) recently in my Wagon R and am extremely pleased with the results. I would highly recommend them. Great speakers. The tweeters can be pasted/fixed on the A pillars. I got them for 4990/-.

Last edited by johy : 18th December 2007 at 16:38.
Old 18th December 2007, 17:17   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd08 View Post
I wanted to know if its possible to fit front component speakers on the Alto Lxi... it has the space for 4" Speakers on the Dashboard. ... so are there any options to install Component speakers in the front on the Alto... which model and wot wud the price be like. Thanx
Illusion makes 4" components that should fit in the stock position in your Alto. Many members here rate Illusions very highly and they're most certainly VFM.
Contact Bass and Trouble (Ajay) on this forum for more.
Old 18th December 2007, 17:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

I have recently auditioned the EL 4.1 & have found them to be really good. Planning to get them for my Alto some time soon
Old 18th December 2007, 18:06   #5
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I have recently auditioned the EL 4.1 & have found them to be really good. Planning to get them for my Alto some time soon

Techno - i checked the Illusion brochure and it mentioned the mounting depth of EL4.1 at a little under 2". So i guess it should not be a problem.
Can re-confirm with Bass and Trouble (Ajay) on this.
Old 18th December 2007, 20:17   #6
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : SMS / Slang language is not the preferred mode of communication on Team-BHP. We would much appreciate if you type your post out in clear and concise english for the benefit of other community members. Go easy on the dots "...".

Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 18th December 2007 at 23:36. Reason: See note.
Old 19th December 2007, 01:23   #7
BHPian

ok thanks people. I didn't really know the rules here. just so used to typing the usual way. anyways i wanted to know if these components would fit in directly or i would have to get anything cut cause i don't like the idea of hacking anything on my alto. and also where wud the mini amps be mounted and the little tweeters as well. and what are A pillars and C pillars.
Old 5th January 2008, 06:37   #8
BANNED

Is there any other brand of component speakers (other than Illusion Audio Electra EL 4.1) that can be installed in Alto ?
Old 5th January 2008, 11:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

i have fitted sony 4" at the front. they fit exactly in the slots given in the alto. but they suck. not as good as the brand says.there are some local market unbranded speakers that also fit. my friend has fitten one and to be frank they sound very nice. they have a double magnet below.a very powerfull one.
Old 5th January 2008, 12:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Is there any other brand of component speakers (other than Illusion Audio Electra EL 4.1) that can be installed in Alto ?
There are many. Like JBL, Hertz, Pioneer, Kenwood, Sony, Alpine. With max number of single way full range cone drive, few co-axial and very less components.
Old 28th February 2015, 07:46   #11
BHPian

Re: Components on Alto Lxi

Can any one tell me what speakers can I fit in my Alto 2nd. gen dash without any fuss and using the connector already existing. I just want some light music using front speakers.
Old 28th February 2015, 08:23   #12
BANNED

Re: Components on Alto Lxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak K Gupta View Post
Can any one tell me what speakers can I fit in my Alto 2nd. gen dash without any fuss and using the connector already existing. I just want some light music using front speakers.
Look at my post made in the thread. Should be of some help.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post3616688

Front: Blaupunkt GTx 402 de which sits underneath at the base of the windscreen.

Rear: JBL GTO 949 at the rear on MDF tray.

All are just direct fit and no issues with connectors too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks