Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2007, 22:07   #16
BHPian

hey guys any place recomended in mumbai for a good touch up job, some @$$ has left a deep but fine line across rear side of the car
Old 17th November 2007, 07:50   #17
BHPian

I got scratches on my new silver frost adventure.
its like someone has rubbed any wooden log right from front headlight till rear window on left side.
Although there is no dent, nor can i feel it through hands but i doubt whether they can be removed by some paint care compound.
Any idea about any shop in gurgaon or delhi, which can help me out.
Old 17th November 2007, 08:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

If its quite deep you would be able to see a while paint under. If it has not gone that deep. You could just have a wax job on that area. It would be solved.

There is something called rubbing compound. THis would surely remove it but be sure that you dont overdoo it. THe rubbing compound actuallly removes the top most layer of the paint (by micro milimeters) thereby removing the scratch.
Old 17th November 2007, 11:12   #19
BHPian

Sorry for what happend to your car,buddy. Infact, I too had the same experience, somewhat more intensive, that a school kid ran a metal piece or something right from the bonnet to the tail light. Somehow, he managed to get a straight line drawn. To get rid of that, i had to repaint the whole left-side portion of the car.

I guess, in ur case, some good polishing might do the job. Because, the workshop guy told me that, if that had been a little more shallow scratch, he could have removed it with a good plishing work. Mine was too deep.
Old 17th November 2007, 11:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

as everyone has said, u can give it a shot with a rubbing compound at a good workshop. if it does not work, repaint...

if ur getting it repaited, do go to a reputed workshop...and keep paying visits in between to check progress - basically to see whether he is removing the earlier paint, doing putty work for small dents and then repainting ...

i had a similar experience.. only a bit worse...along with the whole body that was scratched with a screwdriver, the ***#$%^ also scratched my front and read windshield !!!...to top it all four tyres were deflated.!!

this was on my first week in gurgaon after i relocated from chennai...

my car is a 6 year old OHC and chennai members would now how well maintained it is and within a week in a new city all this crap happened!!..

i almost felt like quitting my job and going back to chennai...

many sleepless nights followed...

latermy company HR came to know about this incident somehow and they came forward and offered to bear all costs of the damage...

now ive given it at the showroom for paint work and later it would go to windshield experts for the glass work
Old 17th November 2007, 16:21   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Please note... rubbing compounds do not remove the scratch: they take the paint around it down to the same level.

Well, ok, the scratch is then gone, but the real way to remove it would be to fill it.

I'm in the same boat: three horrible kids came to our car while we were in it, all smiling, we had no idea what they were doing. The scratched the back and both sides. We did not know until we saw the car when we got out inside the house.

After washing, it is not as bad --- some was reidue of the stone they used, I think, but some is showing still.

It is due for service next week: I wonder if I can get decent touch-up work done by Marutu service? My experience so far is not so good: I asked them to touch up a small chip last time, and they just put a dab of paint. Even an amateur in UK would have built up the layers properly to leave it smooth (not that I'm much good at it).
Old 18th November 2007, 00:20   #22

I'm in the same boat: three horrible kids came to our car while we were in it, all smiling, we had no idea what they were doing. The scratched the back and both sides. We did not know until we saw the car when we got out inside the house.

In Chennai especially Spencers signal- LOOK OUT !!.
if you dont give alms they scratch the car with a bottle cap ,as they walk away.
keep watching the side mirrors and you are safe.
Old 18th November 2007, 09:46   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

This was in our own street --- but thanks for the warning.
Old 18th November 2007, 12:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Very sorry to hear that. Hope the paint job restores your beauty back.

I've seen that muddy cars are more prone to this. My friend and I drove down from Hyderabad to Mysore in his Swift and the car was dirty. By dawn, kids had done so much of graffitti, it was unbearable.

This is after we gently poured water and took it to the service station. The scratches (noticeable when closely observed) stayed even after the water wash and polishing.

Moral of the story - Never leave your car parked in public when it is muddy and dirty.
Old 19th November 2007, 11:20   #25
BHPian

just got the car polished thought you'll should see it before some #%@^#& kid comes and scratches it.
ImageShack - Hosting :: img0080ke6.jpg
Old 19th November 2007, 15:41   #26

I hope the polish can do a bit of magic for the scratches especially the formula one thats name of the polish it gives the car nice and glossy look and cover up the scratches upto 90% untill u have real deep dents.

Try polishing the car once thn u shall surely feel the difference.

Keep me posted.
Old 19th November 2007, 20:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
as everyone has said, u can give it a shot with a rubbing compound at a good workshop. if it does not work, repaint...

if ur getting it repaited, do go to a reputed workshop...and keep paying visits in between to check progress - basically to see whether he is removing the earlier paint, doing putty work for small dents and then repainting ...

i had a similar experience.. only a bit worse...along with the whole body that was scratched with a screwdriver, the ***#$%^ also scratched my front and read windshield !!!...to top it all four tyres were deflated.!!

this was on my first week in gurgaon after i relocated from chennai...

my car is a 6 year old OHC and chennai members would now how well maintained it is and within a week in a new city all this crap happened!!..

i almost felt like quitting my job and going back to chennai...

many sleepless nights followed...

latermy company HR came to know about this incident somehow and they came forward and offered to bear all costs of the damage...

now ive given it at the showroom for paint work and later it would go to windshield experts for the glass work
Which company do you work for dude? Do they have a job for me?
Old 19th November 2007, 20:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

In Chennai especially Spencers signal- LOOK OUT !!.
if you dont give alms they scratch the car with a bottle cap ,as they walk away.
keep watching the side mirrors and you are safe.[/quote]

Give me the bottle cap and a blade. I would maime those wretches for life.
Old 20th November 2007, 10:48   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wischvuanaudh View Post
Sorry for what happend to your car,buddy. Infact, I too had the same experience, somewhat more intensive, that a school kid ran a metal piece or something right from the bonnet to the tail light. Somehow, he managed to get a straight line drawn. To get rid of that, i had to repaint the whole left-side portion of the car.

I guess, in ur case, some good polishing might do the job. Because, the workshop guy told me that, if that had been a little more shallow scratch, he could have removed it with a good plishing work. Mine was too deep.
----
Hi,
Even i my planning to do repaint done for front and back bumpers on my new swift car (sunlight metallic copper). Let me know whether the repaint color will match same as original color?
Old 20th November 2007, 10:52   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebeezee View Post
Hi
I got a few scratches on my Swift recently. Any leads on where i can do the touch up in Mumbai - Western suburbs?

The scratches happened during reversing - misjudged and grazed the RHS of the front bumper against a tree . Its also got a small dent which i reckon can be removed.

I have a sunlight copper color car and the scratches seem to have removed some paint off - as i can see some patches of black on the scratches there - will a touch up job be possible?

Please help!!!
---
I do have the same problem with my swift sunlight copper color car. How u solved this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks