Team-BHP - Custom Paint Job For A Black Scorpio
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Custom Paint Job For A Black Scorpio (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/28480-custom-paint-job-black-scorpio-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbhiJ (Post 898146)
Hello Mr. DHABHAR and Cyrus

I had a small suggestion..

Regarding your idea of NOT painting the Bumper and the Grille, even though it is an extremely practical idea, I fear that it might not look good in real life.

Unpainted bumpers on the computer look fine, but when you have such a lively paint job and the bumpers, grille shall be a matt dull grey, I seriously doubt it will look good.

Just my humble opinion :)

Agree to that as well. Black as in pics do look good . OE unpainted bumpers without paint especially after a while are not happening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbhiJ (Post 898146)
Hello Mr. DHABHAR and Cyrus

I had a small suggestion..

Regarding your idea of NOT painting the Bumper and the Grille, even though it is an extremely practical idea, I fear that it might not look good in real life.

Unpainted bumpers on the computer look fine, but when you have such a lively paint job and the bumpers, grille shall be a matt dull grey, I seriously doubt it will look good.

Just my humble opinion :)

agree: with AbhiJ, because the bumoer and grille tend to fade over time. Atleast, please consider painting them black:).

Again YAAWN.

After some light scrapes/scratches, the bumpers actually appear light grey, almost white from the damaged area.

Guys I have some input on painting bumpers. I realize that plastic parts when painted start flaking paint over time. There is a method to do it right and it has worked for me.

You will need a drill and a wire wheel.
1) Scuff the bumper HEAVILY with the wire wheel attached to the drill.
2) Once that is done clean up the area thouroughly.
3) Next use some primer to prime the bumper, it will help to use some kind of adhesion promoter before priming.
4) once it is primed, sand it down to a smooth finish.
5) Paint.
6) Clearcoat.

Let me know if this works for you

cyrus. you need some nice rims on your car badly. it just dosent look right without them. if your car is a dark colour get silver rims and if its gonna be a light colour then dark grey/ black rims. it will look stunning then.

Great jo as usual Badboyscad, I think you shall henceforth be called GOODBOYSCAD :D

IMHO. The Black & Silver with Red Pinstripe combo looks great. I personally prefer the darker shade of grey.

The actual grey has to be decided after seeing samples of the exact colour as the colours look quite different on the computer screen.

Nice looking Scorpio :thumbs up

Cheers

Thanks everyone for the excellent response. Cyrus has posted the front view of the car. Can you please replicate the theme there also. I would like to see the rear treatment too.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboyscad (Post 898129)
the Foose chevy tahoe concept paintjob:

Attachment 27744

Thats it for tonight guys, will work on & post other concepts(including the one suggested by SRK:thumbs up) tomorrow. YAWN:D

Now this is looking reeealllly GOOOD! clap: Awsome job BBS.

Dhabar Saheb, fix kari do. What say ? You should go for silver wheel caps from the safari / scorp with this combination!

BBS, on the Funkmaster concept, can you bring the top color upto the side indicators before taking it up onto the bonnet ? thanks.

cheers!
Srini

MY vote goes for the Chevy Tahoe Paintjob complete with all the chrome accents included. Nothing else will do, hehe!

The chrome on the wheel lips can be done in-house, literally, isn't it Cyrus? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRK (Post 897823)
I think a bright orange & black combo would look good. Something like the paintjob on the Logan customized by Mahindra.

Heres my idea:

Paint the car Orange & Black.
Get some Alloy rims in Black.
Smoked Tail lamps

SRK's idea brought to life:)

Custom Paint Job For A Black Scorpio-scor-logan.jpg

Now THIS is more like it:D. These wheels may not be available here, but it is always possible to buy similar ones and do similar paintjob on them.

Custom Paint Job For A Black Scorpio-scor-log-whl.jpg
Custom Paint Job For A Black Scorpio-scor-taho-whel.jpg

The black and silver looks fantastic.

The chevy Tahoe combi with the alloys looks um. SUPERB, FABULOUS, OUTA THE WORLD!

If you want a sports look then the SRK concept wins!

My Vote for the chevy Tahoe with alloys! No two ways about it!

BBS: Super job!

cheers!

Dad is not very keen on getting alloy wheels for this car as the correct stock spec is not available. So it will most probably be

Ohh and he hates the Silver lip threatment on the rim. I on the other hand, Love it!!

One more thing, The ORVMs should be Silver IMHO, and not the dual tone as in the pic.

Get Silver Wheel caps atleast!

cheers!