Team-BHP - Custom Paint Job For A Black Scorpio
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Custom Paint Job For A Black Scorpio (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/28480-custom-paint-job-black-scorpio-2.html)

F-150 Foose Edition (rear)

Tahoe concept by Chip Foose

Ford Expedition - Funkmaster Flex Edition

Pics taken from autoblog

Quote:

Further, how does the name INTERCEPTOR sound to you ?
Are you a madmax fan by any chance? Think that's what his car was called in the movie if my memory serves me right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM (Post 555229)
Hi khaadu75 (saazid - right ?)
Hi autopsyche - I am trying to steer clear of the things which people do when they do a custom paint job. I want my car to not look flashy but something that people will remember (arre - aisa hi ek gaadi dekha tha !).

Even im not wanting you to be flashy! All i meant to say was there is a wider range of colors other than the OE shades that are subtle but different...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker (Post 557553)
Are you a madmax fan by any chance? Think that's what his car was called in the movie if my memory serves me right.

you are right he is a mad max fan.

i like the f 150 design that has been put up here...i will try and pursuade dad to do that..

do the tahoe look, its a bently style and will look really rich and clean. that style of paint works perfect with big cars

Yes Lukeskywalker, I chose INTERCEPTOR from MAD MAX only. I am gaga over that Australian car's power, the way it catches the bad guys is awesome.

I guess if I can't use the name INTERCEPTOR, the nearest I can think of is SCORPIOCEPTOR or some such thing which I am not very inclined to do. Any suggestions on alternate names ? It must convey the INTERCEPTOR theme.

Anyways, the car has left the factory today. Should get registered by Friday if all goes well.

How about ENFORCER, don't know how much it conveys the INTERCEPTOR theme.

how about "DISSEMENATOR"??

Qn - Is it legal to change the color of the car from what is mentioned in the RC?

I am thinking of 2 scenarios..
1. Add additional colors/designs to original color and alter the basic look/color scheme of the car.
2. Repaint the car. e.g. Paint a white car with red color.

Whats the legal angle to above 2 situations?

Hey GS - How about "ENFORCEPTOR" ? Not bad eh ?

Hi Behram,
A suggestion is not to make the name big. Interceptor sounds fine but place it in the back or front of the car in the size the "F-150" is written. Maybe a plate with the name embossed in Italics would do the trick or just the letters stuck on the body or in some nice radium stickering. The idea would be to make the naming look subtle.

Regards,
Kaustubh

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM (Post 562987)
Hey GS - How about "ENFORCEPTOR" ? Not bad eh ?

Not bad Mr Dhabhar, is it a new word?lol:
Seems you are too inclined towards the INTERCEPTOR name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -GS- (Post 563006)
Not bad Mr Dhabhar, is it a new word?lol:
Seems you are too inclined towards the INTERCEPTOR name.

no man the name INTERCEPTOR is what we loved and nothing can replace it.

what i was thinking was doing the foose F 150 vinyl and then putting a foose decal on the side

dad please do this....it will look really cool