Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2024, 12:10   #1
BHPian

Retrofitting OEM green tinted windows glass on a Volkswagen Polo

When VW updated the Polo to meet BSVI norms in 2020, they plonked in the lovely 1.0TSi engine and mated it with a 6 speed MT (along with a 6 speed TC). Features & looks remained same as the facelift that was launched few months back, except for one thing. The highline+ variant got factory tinted glass.

Ever since I bought my Polo in 2022 (used 2019 Polo TDi), I wanted to retrofit these tinted glasses, but never materialized until last month. Last month I somehow stumbled upon a piece of used tinted glass from a scrap Polo (only one piece, rear LHS), so the was plan on. As for sourcing the remaining three glasses, I tried my luck with VW ASC. Thankfully they were very co-operative, replied that the front glasses were in stock with them, the rear one would need to be ordered (only rear RHS one in my case). The rear glass came within 10 days, accordingly I got all the 4 glasses fitted at VW ASC. Front glass are priced at Rs. 2300 per piece & rear ones at Rs. 1908 per piece.

The green tinted glass do make a noticeable difference in day to day driving, the sunlight doesn't seem as harsh as before, especially on those long drives. Also in this era of sunflim ban, this is a great option. Overall very happy with the upgrade, 10k well spent!

Dark Green written on the new glasses:

Retrofitting OEM green tinted windows glass on a Volkswagen Polo-dark-green-embosed.jpeg

View from inside:

Retrofitting OEM green tinted windows glass on a Volkswagen Polo-inside.jpeg

Exterior photos:

Retrofitting OEM green tinted windows glass on a Volkswagen Polo-exterior-1.jpeg

Retrofitting OEM green tinted windows glass on a Volkswagen Polo-exterior-2.jpeg

Mine vs my mechanic's stock Cross Polo:

Retrofitting OEM green tinted windows glass on a Volkswagen Polo-stock-vs-mine.jpeg

Quarter glass are still stock, so I got them tinted with 70% green tints, infact even now they are more transparent than the factory tinted glasses.

Quarter glass before:

Retrofitting OEM green tinted windows glass on a Volkswagen Polo-quarter-glass-without-flim.jpeg

Quarter glass after sunfilm:

Retrofitting OEM green tinted windows glass on a Volkswagen Polo-quarter-glass-film.jpeg

The bill:

Retrofitting OEM green tinted windows glass on a Volkswagen Polo-bill.jpeg

Sharing the part numbers:

Front Left: 6RG845201E

Front Right: 6RG845202E

Rear Left: 6RG845025F

Rear right: 6RG845026F
chiranjitp is online now   (53) Thanks
Old 1st September 2024, 14:14   #2
BHPian

Re: OEM Green tinted windows glass retrofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
The highline+ variant got factory tinted glass.
Just out of curiosity, is the front and rear windshield also tinted dark green in this version of Polo?
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2024, 23:38   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Just out of curiosity, is the front and rear windshield also tinted dark green in this version of Polo?
I am sure that the rear windshield also gets tinted glass, as for the front windshield I think the tint percentage is same as before. However part number for that version front windshield is different & have an IR+GREY+CUT tag, so I am assuming it is more heat/UV resistant. Sharing a photo of the same from fluidicjoy's thread:

Retrofitting OEM green tinted windows glass on a Volkswagen Polo-polo-2021-glass.jpg
chiranjitp is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 00:01   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Yes, even the rear ones are tinted.
I hope these are available for a long time to come considering only a handful of BS6 Polos were sold.
gt3t0uring is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 22:29   #5
Team-BHP Support

Re: Retrofitting OEM green tinted windows glass on a Volkswagen Polo

Retrofitting OEM green tinted windows glass on a Volkswagen Polo - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 23:05   #6
BHPian

I am sorry but, I feel you could have gotten the windows tinted to the exact same spec. My guess is VW used a 50% green tint kinda thing on their windows. Like, the effort you put feels a little too much to me. A simple tinting job could have gotten the job done.

But, to each their own I guess!

Last edited by saikishor : 3rd September 2024 at 23:06.
Old 3rd September 2024, 23:12   #7
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
I am sorry but, I feel you could have gotten the windows tinted to the exact same spec. My guess is VW used a 50% green tint kinda thing on their windows. Like, the effort you put feels a little too much to me. A simple tinting job could have gotten the job done.

Your guess is wrong, but apart from that, can't believe that a BHPian is advocating illegal things on the forum itself.
boniver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 23:25   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Your guess is wrong, but apart from that, can't believe that a BHPian is advocating illegal things on the forum itself.
I thought tints were legal as long as the wouldnt hamper visibility. Well at least that is what TS police is fine with. Upto 50% will do no harm, and anything above that will ensure a challan.
Old 4th September 2024, 00:39   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post

Yes I could have gotten my windows tinted more easily (& cheaper), except for the fact that application of any kind of film is banned in India. That was the whole point behind this modification, also apparently these glasses are more heat/UV resistant.
chiranjitp is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 12:47   #10
BHPian

That’s a nice investment. It would look good for a long time, unlike sun films and you also won’t be harassed by cops.

How I wish this feature comes in all cars, it is very useful in our hot climate amidst sunfilm ban. This is one of the parameters I look for in my new car but the cars come with this doesn’t fit my needs or comes in a variant that is simply too expensive for what it offers(Seltos).
TorquePull is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 20:25   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Quarter glass are still stock, so I got them tinted with 70% green tints, infact even now they are more transparent than the factory tinted glasses.
Glad you persevered and VW ASC was able to help. Thanks for posting the part numbers. They were difficult to get from my FNG.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2024, 15:44   #12
BHPian

Quote:
The highline+ variant got factory tinted glass.
Sharing the part numbers:
Front Left: 6RG845201E
Front Right: 6RG845202E
Rear Left: 6RG845025F
Rear right: 6RG845026F
Great mod! VW should’ve really continued having this in atleast the topline Virtus. Really miss it in mine. I guess I don’t even have any option to get these now.
RaiAnish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 11:35   #13
BHPian

I fixed these greeen tinted glasses on my GT in back in April. I must say it did provide some respite in intense heat this summer, given that I already had CR70 from 3M installed on the windshield helped a lot.
Quote:
As for sourcing the remaining three glasses, I tried my luck with VW ASC. Thankfully they were very co-operative, replied that the front glasses were in stock with them, the rear one would need to be ordered (only rear RHS one in my case). The rear glass came within 10 days, accordingly I got all the 4 glasses fitted at VW ASC.
Did you collect the old stock window glasses? ASC advised me to take back the old ones, but I did not. Even after 8-9 years those glasses had no scratch marks but given that glass items are too risky to carry/keep around I refused.
Quote:
I need to get this done, quarter glasses are still stock in my car.
BlueEyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 13:16   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
I fixed these greeen tinted glasses on my GT in back in April.
Did you collect the old stock window glasses? ASC advised me to take back the old ones, but I did not. Even after 8-9 years those glasses had no scratch marks but given that glass items are too risky to carry/keep around I refused.
Great to know that you also had your Polo upgraded with these glasses. I did take my old glasses back with me, as for keeping them safely I have wrapped them with bubble wrap (basically the packaging that came with the new glass).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks