Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2024, 20:22   #1

Feasibility of two hard-wired accessories

I am planning on installing Qubo GPS Tracker Car Pro by hardwiring it to the fuse box and a dual dashcam (something along the lines of DDPAI N5 Dual) to the OBD Port of my 2016 Innova Crysta 2.8Z. Will it cause any power draw issues? Should I take any precautions or make any changes to the setup?
admn_nur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 23:27   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Feasibility of two hard-wired accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by admn_nur View Post
I am planning on installing Qubo GPS Tracker Car Pro by hardwiring it to the fuse box and a dual dashcam (something along the lines of DDPAI N5 Dual) to the OBD Port of my 2016 Innova Crysta 2.8Z. Will it cause any power draw issues? Should I take any precautions or make any changes to the setup?
From what I gathered about this Qubo GPS tracker, it comes with an inbuilt battery for backup. That would mean this device need not always be powered by the battery of the car. In this case, it should not cause battery drain issues. The Dashcam would also run at a low power mode when ignition is off hence thats also a no issue. But I would suggest to disable the park recording feature and use the cam only when the ignition is active. That will allow you to leave the car unused for a few days at a time. If thats not your need and you drive very regularly, then both these devices are not going to cause any battery drain issues.
Old 20th August 2024, 01:11   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Dunno about Innova but I have Qubo GPS tracker and 70mai dual channel with 4G dashcam both installed using fuse wire tap from same source and for months I've been using, working just fine with no power or battery issues on my MG ZS EV.

So it should be similar and be fine with any other vehicle too.
Old 20th August 2024, 01:18   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Nothing to do with fuse wire taps or what functions you use. It’s how it gets wired up!

If you don’t want any battery issue you should wire it into a fuse and or circuit that is switched on/off via the ignition. If the circuit isn’t connected to the battery, any devices on it can never draw the battery down!

Elementary!

Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 20th August 2024 at 01:21.
Old 20th August 2024, 08:24   #5

Quote:
You can also go for Qubo wireless GPS tracker. It costs a little bit more but you won't have to work with any wiring. You will have to charge it every couple of months though using a USB wire (not quite sure if their claim stays true). I am also planning to buy it, finding it more hassle free. Any additional suggestions from existing users will help.
Old 22nd August 2024, 13:31   #6
BHPian

Better use Onelap plus GPS tracker as they provide great hardware and better support. Instead of Qubo, they got really pathetic hardware but customer support is great. DDPAi dash camera are also great with hardware and long lasting. When using hardwire for dash camera use the same wiring setup for your GPS tracker well. It's pretty much simple and easy to install by yourself. Most of the Dashcam manufacturers do provide seperate hardwire systems. Onelap plus also provide the hard wire system as well.

Most Viewed