Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2024, 20:22   #1

Feasibility of two hard-wired accessories

I am planning on installing Qubo GPS Tracker Car Pro by hardwiring it to the fuse box and a dual dashcam (something along the lines of DDPAI N5 Dual) to the OBD Port of my 2016 Innova Crysta 2.8Z. Will it cause any power draw issues? Should I take any precautions or make any changes to the setup?
admn_nur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 23:27   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Feasibility of two hard-wired accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by admn_nur View Post
I am planning on installing Qubo GPS Tracker Car Pro by hardwiring it to the fuse box and a dual dashcam (something along the lines of DDPAI N5 Dual) to the OBD Port of my 2016 Innova Crysta 2.8Z. Will it cause any power draw issues? Should I take any precautions or make any changes to the setup?
From what I gathered about this Qubo GPS tracker, it comes with an inbuilt battery for backup. That would mean this device need not always be powered by the battery of the car. In this case, it should not cause battery drain issues. The Dashcam would also run at a low power mode when ignition is off hence thats also a no issue. But I would suggest to disable the park recording feature and use the cam only when the ignition is active. That will allow you to leave the car unused for a few days at a time. If thats not your need and you drive very regularly, then both these devices are not going to cause any battery drain issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks