Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2023, 18:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

My Tryst with the Bergmann Gladiator Car Duster

Being a BHPian its quite a ritual to have a car duster to remove the accumulated dust on our favourite rides. Once used you develop an OCD to keep the car squeaky clean every time you see her or want to be seen. I had been introduced to Jopasu quite early during my second car ownership i.e Ford Fiesta in 2009. Since then the duster was a faithful companion during all the trips and daily rides. 2 more down the line and the brand never changed.

Usually the purchase lasts for a good 10 odd months without any rejuvenation. I had tried doing the rejuvenation for 2-3 duster ownership but felt it cumbersome and quality issue with the application. The Jopasu duster purchases became quite frequent to once a 8 months. I was think what the heck, why not spend 700 bucks for the car when I can blow that money in a bar in one sitting.

The last purchase through Amazon was different, hardly 4 months into the buy and the duster was not picking up any dust. Blamed it on the quality issue which many BHPians had already mentioned in the Jopasu thread. So decided to find an alternative and read a post by a BHPian of Bergmann Brand. Checked the Amazon website and zeroed in on the Bergmann Twister Car duster costing Rs 646 some rupees cheaper then Jopasu.

Pros:
1. The duster looks flashy. Period.
2. The Handle is tough and an alternate to wrist exercises
3. The packing was surprisingly good.
4. Has an option to Twist the duster in tight corners
5. Comes with Pre wax coated threads
6. Does not need rejuvenation as per the manufacturers

Cons:
1. The hands get tired after usage due to the thick and heavy handle. Gentle hands might find it difficult
2. Cheap built. You cannot strike the duster to remove the dust
3. The twist operating system is cheap and could break off on extra pressure
4. The stowage inside the cover is a painful exercise.

My Tryst with the Bergmann Gladiator Car Duster-20231031_182554.jpg

My Tryst with the Bergmann Gladiator Car Duster-20231031_182606.jpg

My Tryst with the Bergmann Gladiator Car Duster-20231031_182613.jpg

My Tryst with the Bergmann Gladiator Car Duster-20231031_183053.jpg

For all means this is not any Gladiator. You could become one with its usage. My first attempt to play with the twist mechanism resulted in the thing breaking off and into my hands. If the Manufacturer would have been near me, he could have had a black eye for sure. Because it broke, I made some make shift arrangement for the duster to remain fixed all its life. The usage has been normal, the duster picks up the dirt pretty fast and within 2 months of usage the threads are already black. All of the above makes me go back to my beloved Jopasu albeit I need to spend more per year.

Verdict: Had it not been for the bad experience I would have recommended this.

If any BHPian has used this product and have had a similar or different experience, kindly do share for the benefit of others.

Last edited by Sheel : 19th July 2024 at 22:12. Reason: Typo.
ghodlur is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 21:04   #2

Re: My Tryst with the Bergmann Gladiator Car Duster

Now confused after reading!! I am new to duster and usually wash it every time there is dust on my car. I was considering Jopasu and Gladiator, and I found Gladiator to have good reviews on Amazon. Which one would you prefer? Will it cause any swirl marks using these?
Old 29th December 2023, 14:16   #3
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Verdict: Had it not been for the bad experience I would have recommended this.

If any BHPian has used this product and have had a similar or different experience, kindly do share for the benefit of others.
I wish your review had come earlier. I too felt that the Jopasu was getting dirty very quickly, so I ordered the Gladiator Platinum 2 Duster, and it was delivered around December 10th, but I was unable to try it until today. It's not picking up dust like a new Jopasu duster. Even my 2-year-old washed duster without rejuvenation is giving me similar results. I have called customer care, and they have asked me to mail my concerns, and they will provide me with a resolution. Let's see how it turns out.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th January 2024 at 17:17. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please quote selectively as a large quoted post inconveniences small screen users. Thanks!
sbm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 14:12   #4
BHPian

I'm using this since September and it has accumulated a lot of dust and is getting difficult to clean car using this now, not sure how to clean it
Old 15th January 2024, 12:12   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
My experience is quite the opposite of this. I have been using this for almost 9 months now. I also like my car to be clean when i drive out. With construction going on around my house makes the dust accumulation aggravated. The dark shade of my car doesn't help either.

Name:  Screenshot 20240115 113604.png
Views: 286
Size:  25.8 KB

Yes the strands have become dark but they work perfectly fine in removing heavy dust in one swipe. Also the twist mechanism works just fine. The handle on top of the duster mode makes it so easy on the wrist to handle the duster. Jopasu duster doesn't have this feature.

P.S. - I use Turtle war Hybrid Solution Ceramic spray on the car as part of my detailing regimen
Old 15th January 2024, 17:42   #6
BHPian

I have been using the Jopasu duster for the last 7 years.

What I have noticed is that it works great on cars that have a wax coating. The difference is stark even if you apply some basic wax coating 3-4 times a year. As the wax on the car fades, the dust absorption of the duster also reduced.

I usually wash my car with shampoo and apply Collinite Wax. The same old duster works like a charm for the next 4-6 weeks.

I did try the rejuvenation for one of the dusters. But later found, I am better of applying the same wax on the car
Old 19th July 2024, 21:29   #7
BHPian

Have been using this since October’23 and my experience is quite satisfactory. I rarely use the twisting handle so cannot comment on the durability. But I’ve used it every time I have to drive out from home as my car is a dust magnet and the construction nearby doesn’t help either.
The duster looks as dirty as possible but still cleans the car as usual. I don’t know if we can wash this as unlike Jopasu, their isn’t any rejuvenator for this.

Most Viewed