Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2023, 08:57   #1
BHPian

Detailing Mafia, OMR, Chennai | Very poor interior cleaning service

Innova Interior Cleaning experience - Detailing Mafia, OMR - Chennai

Dear Mods - Kindly add this to relevant thread if this is not the right one. Thanks!

Interior and A/C ducts deep cleaning:

I have a 2013 Innova and booked an appointment in advance and dropped the vehicle by 10:30 am yesterday for interior deep cleaning (includes vacuum, removing dirt and roof liner cleaning), A/C vents cleaning (process explained is that they spray the cleaning liquid and brush it and use blower to remove dirt). They mentioned the overall work as Viper Package.

Delivery Inspection:

I reached around 8pm to collect the vehicle and inspect the basic areas like door pockets, plastic areas around the seat, seat belt holders and it was not stain free. I pointed out and they cleaned it.

Before and After:

Detailing Mafia, OMR, Chennai | Very poor interior cleaning service-1.jpeg

Detailing Mafia, OMR, Chennai | Very poor interior cleaning service-2.jpeg

Detailing Mafia, OMR, Chennai | Very poor interior cleaning service-3.jpeg

Detailing Mafia, OMR, Chennai | Very poor interior cleaning service-4.jpeg

Detailing Mafia, OMR, Chennai | Very poor interior cleaning service-5.jpeg

Detailing Mafia, OMR, Chennai | Very poor interior cleaning service-6.jpeg

Not Cleaned as expected:

Detailing Mafia, OMR, Chennai | Very poor interior cleaning service-7.jpeg

Detailing Mafia, OMR, Chennai | Very poor interior cleaning service-8.jpeg

Cost

A week back when I enquired, they informed Interior deep cleaning - Rs. 4200, A/C ducts - Rs. 1300. I expect if there are packages then there should be a price catalogue where it will explain the services covered and its cost. But the service attender asked me that how much we agreed when I enquired(1st alarm). I told the amount and also asked if there is a package then you should know that amount instead of asking me. When I write this post, I checked in their website its shows Rs. 3200 for viper package.

I also requested them to remove the seat covers and steering wheel cover which they agreed and additionally charged Rs.500. While paying the bill, I asked for the catalogue and they handed over a pamphlet and said its old and new one yet to receive(2nd alarm). In total I paid Rs. 6000 and asked for the bill, which they told that they will send the soft copy and its yet to be received.

As I didn't had enough time last few weeks, so chose this place based on google reviews. I'm not satisfied with the service and the cost.

My cars deserve a better place for detailing. Thanks!
Kashief is online now   (52) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 20:03   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Detailing Mafia, OMR, Chennai | Very poor interior cleaning service

Detailing Mafia, OMR, Chennai | Toyota Innova interior cleaning experience - Post moved to a new thread.
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 10:01   #3
BHPian

Surprising to see the dirty areas, as the whole point of paying a premium fee is to get the car cleaned in detail. Most YouTube videos show how the nooks and crannies are the focus areas. Thanks for posting these pictures, surely will be a caution to Chennai members.
SS80 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 12:14   #4
BHPian

What I did to get my car detailed, when I moved to a new location was, look for small detailing businesses, something owned by a passionate detailer himself (haven't found "herself", so far), visit them and observe their knowledge. Once you find the one who has good understanding, hand over your car and request them for regular updates. These guys respect you for trusting them, and since they have a reputation to be made, if not maintained, they will try their level best, even if your car is not in its best of shape. My experience so far has been good.

In another story, in my hometown, there was a guy who was willing to expand his recently opened car washing business to a proper detailing business, he didn't have enough knowledge though. I gave him my car, he was very happy to oblige and then I helped him understand how to get the job done, what is my knowledge worth if I can't use it for my own self. The silver lining, we made a good bond, he still offers me a price lower than what he does for others, frankly, even if he won't do it, I still will go to him cause I know he will get my cars to my expectations!
Aish_4761 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 15:26   #5
BHPian

Received bill after 2 days. They apologised for the delay due to CRM billing issue. But still the bill and the website amount don’t match. Looks like Innova is beyond high end luxury category
Attached Thumbnails
Detailing Mafia, OMR, Chennai | Very poor interior cleaning service-img_1913.jpeg  

Detailing Mafia, OMR, Chennai | Very poor interior cleaning service-img_1914.jpeg  

Kashief is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 18:32   #6
BHPian

Detailing 'Mafia' the name itself sounds like a red flag to me.
Most of these small places don't have a proper price structure, they bend the prices based on their availability and business flow of that day/ week. Its better to go with some references if its a first visit. Or choose a bigger brand where we have someone to talk to in such cases, sometimes their prices are competitive too, myTVS and 4K car care in Chennai offer decent prices.
architect_santo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 18:52   #7
BHPian

I don't have any personal experience with detailing mafia but once I enquired about some job and the price they quoted was exorbitant. Regarding this topic I'd like to share that last week I did my City's interior deep cleaning with foam, vacuum and all plus exterior foam wash from 3M and they charged 5k total. They took 2.5 hours and I was present there the entire time. I'd suggest you to avoid these franchise detailers and go for reputed ones like 3M or Turtle (heard they opened shop in India not sure where but 3M is mostly available in most tier 1 cities)
Carpainter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 18:55   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect_santo View Post
Most of these small places don't have a proper price structure, they bend the prices based on their availability and business flow of that day/ week.
I don’t leave my vehicle in unknown small detailing shops. In this case, detailing mafia has 7 branches in Chennai and I believe it will be more all over India. I have 2 cars where I take care of the cleaning process periodically and never gave for interior cleaning. Recently acquired the 3rd one where it had dirt accumulated over the years in previous ownership and not comfortable cleaning.
Old 24th September 2023, 19:01   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I'd suggest you to avoid these franchise detailers and go for reputed ones like 3M or Turtle (heard they opened shop in India not sure where but 3M is mostly available in most tier 1 cities)
Agree and I’m a regular visitor to 3M especially in Bangalore HSR layout and Coimbatore R.S Puram for my Amaze exterior detailing. They did a very good job. After moving to Chennai, I tried once in 3M Thoraipakkam but not satisfied with their work. So still exploring a good detailing shop here in OMR or ECR - Chennai. Any recommendations could be useful. Thanks!
Kashief is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 19:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

I foresee the following are going to happen.
The owner will eventually find out of this thread and respond that
1. Pricing was an unfortunate 'miscommunication'. Staff will be trained to set expectations up front, but good help is hard to find, so this may continue to happen occasionally.We have passion, which is the vital ingredient, rest we are only human, small locally owned business, not some CMMI 5 MNC organization
2. There were scope changes to the original ask which ballooned the original estimate, unfair of the OP to ask of out of scope things and expect cost to remain the same.
3. If OP found issues with the quality of work, why he did not have basic human courtesy to give an opportunity to resolve it - The ones he found were fixed to his satisfaction, any and every issue that the OP found would have been resolved to their satisfaction as he continued to find them. If he finds issues, suppresses them, and then Airs this on a public forum without any offer to resolve, there is bad faith intent.

4.Few weeks later, some threads mysteriously come up from other users with sparkling reviews about the fantastic work done at this place with very detailed pictures and walkthrough.

Statutory warning: may contain traces of Sarcasm.

Last edited by greenhorn : 24th September 2023 at 19:06.
greenhorn is online now   (42) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 19:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
4.Few weeks later, some threads mysteriously come up from other users with sparkling reviews about the fantastic work done at this place with very detailed pictures and walkthrough.

This one is the best of all the given scenario's. Was having this thought as I went from 1 to 3!!!
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 21:24   #12
BHPian

Quote:
I foresee the following are going to happen.

If OP found issues with the quality of work, why he did not have basic human courtesy to give an opportunity to resolve it - The ones he found were fixed to his satisfaction, any and every issue that the OP found would have been resolved to their satisfaction as he continued to find them. If he finds issues, suppresses them, and then Airs this on a public forum without any offer to resolve, there is bad faith intent.

Enjoyed reading your comment Greenhorn. You are right that it has happened and I read it.

The problem is that the places where stains not cleared are basic areas in which the family members touch (door handle, door pockets, cabin light switch) whenever we use the car. So I pointed out and asked to check all places thoroughly and clean. Next day morning I noticed this specific place where the seat belts are secured and it’s full of dirt. Probably the chance given to rework is not taken seriously and there is lot of scope to improve in their way of working.

Anyway I’ll be happy, if any bhpian gets better service and share their positive experience. As mentioned earlier, my cars deserve better place to get pampered.

A noob question to you Senior bhpian, I have read OP in most of the threads, can you share its abbreviation.
Old 24th September 2023, 21:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hey I meant the owner of the store will at some point read this thread and this is how I foresee how he/she would respond.

OP = Original Poster - in this case, you
you can refer to the official guide here
https://www.team-bhp.com/abbreviations
greenhorn is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 12:52   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Few weeks later, some threads mysteriously come up from other users with sparkling reviews about the fantastic work done at this place with very detailed pictures and walkthrough.

Haha, it seems like you've got a keen eye for spotting these things. I've also noticed similar patterns in reviews where there's a sudden shift from negative to positive feedback, especially from new accounts.

Last edited by raptor_diwan : 25th September 2023 at 12:54.
Old 25th September 2023, 14:25   #15
BHPian

I seriously thought Detailing Mafia is a name the OP came up with after seeing the shoddy work. Took me a while to realize thats what they have named themselves as. No wonder.
veyron_head is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks