Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2022, 11:13   #16
BHPian

Re: Riggear Ventilated Seat Covers Review - Is it an alternative to Ventilated Seats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
True. I did find options at this price range but they all had 1 huge fan. I was apprehensive about such products on 3 factors and hoping BHPian lemedico can throw some more light!

Thanks for sharing this and the tip.

Would be great if you can throw some light on the below 3, which were the reasons why I went with Riggear in the absence of reliable reviews.

1. How loud are these? Single fan usually means that they have to work harder and sound levels are higher. Riggear boasts itself to be the quietest among such products.

2. How is the back ventilation? The online reviews either said that it takes time to feel the back ventilation or that it isn’t very effective.

3. How many km would you have operated this? Aftermarket products are usually built on equipments (whatever is the medium, fan/LED etc) at max rating and tend to have shorter lifespan. While you mentioned 3 years, which is impressive, what would this be in terms of km that you drove with the product turned on?
Loud, no. Noticeable, yes. I'm not sure if I'm used to it or my bad habit of loud music, but it doesn't distract me. There is no vibration either. I plug it from the rear 12v socket, and so there is no wire clutter ahead of the gear stick.

I've had this for 5 years now. I'm sure I got this in 2017 with the purchase of my car right after post graduation. I'd say I've done a distance well ahead in the 5 figure range. I often would shift it to other cars depending on what I was driving. It is easy and a definite convenience. My back would feel a cold waft but yes the bottom felt it more. For immediate action, the auto air con would be disabled and I'd have the air flow to the face and the feet in particular for it to suck up freshly blown chilled wind.
I have no complaints regarding its reliability, and even if it does throw a fault, it seems easy to replace. The fan looks identical to the ones seen on desktop PCs

Last edited by lemedico : 26th December 2022 at 11:15.
lemedico is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 18:00   #17
BHPian

Re: Riggear Ventilated Seat Covers Review - Is it an alternative to Ventilated Seats?

I contacted the seller via WhatsApp, and he asked me to wait for some time. 4 hours later, when I reminded him, he says product is out of stock, thanks to TeamBHP!
JoaTMoN is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 18:29   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I understand the utility aspect of this however the vehicle's interior will look a whole lot better once that accessory is removed from the seats

I wish there was some solution that is perhaps fitted inside the seat itself, I'm sure it's possible even with an airbag in there.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 18:41   #19
BHPian

Thank you for posting.

Superb comes with front seats ventilated. Eager to see if the seller is able to manufacture one for the rear seats. Would not mind putting them on my sofa seats too. Summer's coming.
Old 26th December 2022, 19:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
I contacted the seller via WhatsApp, and he asked me to wait for some time. 4 hours later, when I reminded him, he says product is out of stock, thanks to TeamBHP!
Haha! That’s the power of Team BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I wish there was some solution that is perhaps fitted inside the seat itself, I'm sure it's possible even with an airbag in there.
There are such solutions as well. Youtube has many such videos of modifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Eager to see if the seller is able to manufacture one for the rear seats. Would not mind putting them on my sofa seats too. Summer's coming.
Pretty sure all of these are imported from China. But I think you’ll be able to fit them in rear seat regardless as long as (1) the disc retainers can be squeezed through the gap and (2) there is a 12V socket near the rear seat (I’m assuming Superb’s boot should have one).
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 20:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
It should be noted that you’ll not get the same effectiveness compared to a factory fitted ventilated seats. This is clarified in a product disclaimer that is mentioned in the User Manual as well. The product simply works on evaporative cooling and doesn’t actually provide cool air. However, if the rest of the car is cool with AC then this will “feel cool”. You’d also stop feeling the ventilation after a while but I’m assuming it is the same with factory fitted ventilation as well. This is not the product stopping to work but rather your body doesn’t distinguish the circulation. However, not once did I feel swampy while using this.
Despite what many advertisements or salesmen would like you to believe, factory fitted ventilated seats in mass market cars don't blow cold air either. It's just a fan and nothing more. I don't think there is a car under 80L which comes with actual cooled seats. Only car I have driven which could actually blow cold air out of the seats irrespective of the temperature of the car or the climate control being on/off was an old cadillac DTS. It's not that the technology doesn't exist, it just isn't cost effective to put cooling elements inside the seats in non-luxury cars. Maybe in a few more years, it will finally trickle down and we can have seats that doesn't just blow hot air up our bum
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 20:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

I have been eyeing these as well for a looong time, even on AliExpress.

One tip I can share is since the intake is at the bottom switch your AC to the forward+feet mode to get some cooler air flowing through it.

@Cresterk : If I'm not mistaken most of the factory fitted ventilation systems come with a small peltier cooling module which are not the most efficient and being small in size would most likely cool the air a few degrees below ambient temps. Still better than a hot seat obviously.

The other option I'm eyeing is the Sanctum Ventilated Cool+Hot retrofit system that is definitely more involved to install and you will need the help of an upholsterer to get it done and also be competent enough to do the wiring aspect yourself. At $300 a pop it's certainly not cheap + extra costs for installation, shipping, etc. But if it's something you absolutely need or the lack of ventilated seats is keeping you away from your first pick car then it's definitely something to consider
Old 2nd January 2023, 17:58   #23

I believe that it is not possible to put the usual seat covers on top of these ventilated seat covers. However, it would be helpful if someone could confirm it.
Old 9th January 2023, 19:34   #24
BHPian

Received this message from the seller. Those who are interested, grab these!

Hi Sir, we are getting the new stock tomorrow. We are accepting Pre-Orders now. Orders will be shipped by 12th JAN. Limited stock available. Reserve yours soon...

Buy on our website at a discounted price of INR 6799 [Use Coupon : RGOFF15]

Buy Driver Seat Cover: https://riggear.in/shop/Automobile%2...ted-seat-cover

Buy Co Driver Seat Cover: https://riggear.in/shop/Automobile%2...er-seat-cover-
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 11:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post

Buy on our website at a discounted price of INR 6799

This is costly when you compare it to another product, available on link below for price lesser than half of this product:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am personally using it and quality seems top notch + works well too.
Do check this out before going ahead with this option.
Just a suggestion.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 13:49   #26
BHPian

Purchased the riggear ventilated seat (driver side). Initial observations:
1. Package is very good.
2. The seat quality is top notch and looks like it is build to last well
3. Looks easy to repair as well as there is a zip provided behind the seat cushion which can used opened to take out the fans for repair (seller confirmed this)
4. Fits well with the seats as there is no overhanging one BIG fan like in AIRBRACE model.
5. You could hear the 6 fans when it is at top speed. But with mid & low settings, they are super silent.
6. Comfortable to sit in and you are well held within the seat without any sidewards movement
7. Attaching few pics..
Attached Thumbnails
Riggear Ventilated Seat Covers Review - Is it an alternative to Ventilated Seats?-pxl_20230112_072633787.motion01.cover.jpg  

Riggear Ventilated Seat Covers Review - Is it an alternative to Ventilated Seats?-pxl_20230112_073001247.jpg  

Venkatr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 14:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
This is costly when you compare it to another product, available on link below for price lesser than half of this product:

Just a suggestion.
Some Amazon reviews mention some power issues with airbraceseats. While riggear seats are definitely high, they also have more fans. I haven't tried either one yet.
JoaTMoN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 10:22   #28
BHPian

Bought it from RIGGEAR website after reading the review here

Pros -
- Converts your regular car seat to a ventilated one.
- not very loud
- cooling in bottom section is great
- matches with my car seat color
- great price when bought from their website

Cons-
- back cooling is average
- raises seat height by a inch or two, completely changes my seating position... will take some time to get used to this
- not as comfortable as my MG hector car seat cushion
- no memory function

All in all a great buy, will buy co-driver seat cover soon too
Attached Thumbnails
Riggear Ventilated Seat Covers Review - Is it an alternative to Ventilated Seats?-981656368da14fda89cfbfaf7873cc4d.jpeg  

Riggear Ventilated Seat Covers Review - Is it an alternative to Ventilated Seats?-6c6c39b882064c85a0dd56862f284e39.jpeg  

Riggear Ventilated Seat Covers Review - Is it an alternative to Ventilated Seats?-3c429f9b88094df3902e72999e09f5aa.jpeg  

dhruvwali is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 13:01   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post

Just a suggestion.
I bought this airbrace ventilated car seat last year in June and I can safely say that you get what you pay for. The single fan is quite noisy (easily audible in a petrol car), and while you get some air to your seat and back, the quantity is nowhere close to OEM car seats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
Some Amazon reviews mention some power issues with airbraceseats. While riggear seats are definitely high, they also have more fans. I haven't tried either one yet.
I have not faced power issues with the seat so far, although I lost the original adaptor for the 12V socket and had to jury rig another one. It is the simplest of wiring, with a 12V cooling fan, with a resistor in series to reduce the speed on the lower power setting.
Will buy the riggear one in the coming summer and post a comparison.
Old 6th February 2023, 14:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Is this come with pair for both front seats or only one for 7K?
they sell any other color which matches beige seats.
Ventilated seats are very much required for my Tata Safari 2021.
Been searching for the same for some months and

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks