Old 21st December 2022, 23:11   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Re: Mercedes-Benz CLA Headlight Upgrade | From Bi-xenon HID to LED headlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura View Post
No.
Please read carefully.
These were the stock bulb in my car by phillips brand same d3s 35w. These LEDs are 2.5x better than these stock HIDs. I have attached the photo of stock Xenstart HIDs in my post.

Last edited by vattyboy : 21st December 2022 at 23:15.
Old 22nd December 2022, 13:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vattyboy View Post
No.
Please read carefully.
These were the stock bulb in my car by phillips brand same d3s 35w. These LEDs are 2.5x better than these stock HIDs. I have attached the photo of stock Xenstart HIDs in my post.
Re Check the Link and you read carefully! - They are D3S but much brighter than stock bulbs.

Also see :
Old 22nd December 2022, 13:53   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura View Post
Re Check the Link and you read carefully! - They are D3S but much brighter than stock bulbs.

Also see : https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=JkSOiPSkZO8
I don't like the warm color temperature of HIDs plus HIDs take a few seconds to reach their maximum glow.
LEDs are newer in the market that's why every brand has shifted to LEDs now be it luxury or mass market, HIDs were used way back in 2014. My experience with LEDs is also good I find them better. This is why I won't wanna dive deeper into the route I don't want wanna go.
BTW Thank you for your Suggestions

Last edited by vattyboy : 22nd December 2022 at 13:58.
Old 22nd December 2022, 14:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vattyboy View Post
I don't like the warm color temperature of HIDs plus HIDs take a few seconds to reach their maximum glow this thing also I don't like.
LEDs are newer in the market that's why every brand has shifted to LEDs now be it luxury or mass market, HIDs were used way back in 2014. This is why I won't wanna dive deeper into the route I don't want wanna go.
BTW Thank you for your Suggestions
You are most welcome.

A lux meter is cheap and available on amazon.in you can buy and test it out yourself.

I can very confidently say the LED bulbs you got will in no way work for 2000hrs ie the average lifespan of a quality HID bulb.

As someone with approx 15 years in the Automobile industry and having seen most of the lighting trends it's safe to say HID is still relevant.

Also, I have a 1997 Model Toyota Which came with Factory Fitted HID

The Key Point is "This is why I won't wanna dive deeper into the route I don't want wanna go."

Happy Motoring...
mura is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 00:01   #20
BHPian

Hey! Amazing write.

About the left beam being a bit higher - it seems to me that it is by design, Because we are in a LHD country, having the right beam lower helps to reduce chances of the oncoming diver being blinded. But yes, your right side beam pattern is off. That might be due to wrong orientation of the LED diode. They diodes (yellow thing) needs to face to the either side inside the projector. Please check with that.

I wanted to query about something. I myself have shifted from halogens to HIDs in my projector setup - though not a merc. I even tried LEDs. Here are my observation;
1) LEDs were brighter no doubt
2) HID spread and throw was better

I am not sure if I should keep LEDs or HIDs for my next change

Any advices for me? My setup uses projector headlamps for low-beam and reflector for high-beam.

Thanks and Regards
CannedShroud is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks