Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2022, 23:18   #31
BHPian

Re: Headlight options very confusing | Which to upgrade to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramCS View Post
Brilliant! Thank You very much JaySeth for your valuable inputs. Indeed, i will wait for you to share you experience on this thread on your night drive on Pune-Mumbai Expressway..drive safe though

Regards, Vikram
Hi Vikram,

I did Pune-Mumbai-Pune this Tuesday 20/12 in my Jazz VX CVT. Have posted my experience here (Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades).
jaysheth is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 03:12   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysheth View Post
Well, what you want is partially possible. Honda is happy to sell you their ZX LED headlamps for INR 13K. As per them this is a plug and play setup with no changes to the headlamp assembly. Keep in mind that these are not LED projector headlamps, but these are LEDs from a brand called Martini, to be housed in the existing reflector setup. All 3 Jazz variants (V, VX and ZX) come with reflector setup only.

I recently upgraded my headlamps to Osram LED H4, and therefore not keen for the above recommendation.
Yes, that’s the headlamps I am interested in; the headlamps from the current ZX variant Jazz. I have a 2015 top of the line VX variant Honda Jazz. 13k is quite expensive but still less than the 17k that my Honda service centre advisor told me. He also said that it cannot be installed as it is incompatible with my car. I’ll check with another service and let you know what I find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysheth View Post
On the foglamp front, the story is quite different. I need dedicated fog lamps but Honda is not allowing it. If your iteration of the car has 3" round projector foglamp setup already, you are lucky. If I had these slots in my variant, I would have gone with IPH M617 tri-colour LED foglamps. In my case (Honda Jazz VX 2022 variant), Honda has housed DRLs in foglamp slots, and they are adamant about allowing any changes, even from their own top-variant assembly. They say if I do any such modifications, even through them, the warranty will be void! I am awaiting expert opinion on this.
Yes, my car does have the 3" round projector foglamp setup. Honda has very strange policies; they are not at all customer focussed. Thank you so much for your inputs.
Old 27th December 2022, 21:22   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerH View Post
I was able to source Philips Xtreme vision pro 150 H4 bulbs from a local auto spare parts store@ 800 a piece and installed it today. Sharing p...
I did highway driving on undivided and unlit roads in the nights and the low beam coverage is excellent.
It was able to overcome most of the high beams of oncoming traffic including 2 wheelers with bright lights by providing very good road visibility.
I was blinded only on few instances where the oncoming vehicles had super bright leds including super bright fogs.

On the other hand i did not see any improvement with high beam. There is no focus point on open roads especially with oncoming traffic . I tried my best to work with headlamp leveler but it did not make any difference.i think that's the design limitation of the stock reflectors no matter what bulb is in there.

Is there any halogen bulb upgrade possible for the fog lamp also( H16 pin) without affecting the warranty?
I did not find a H16 on Philips website. Don't know what brand is the stock fog bulb.
HummerH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 22:35   #34
BHPian

Apologies for delayed post, did not manage to login to TBHP in a while..

Thanks to all for sharing their valuable insights. Thanks @jaysheth for summarizing your observations.

There's simply an unbelievable amount of useful information on TBHP for this topic. I managed to read close to 50 pages and have got some understanding. Summary below:

My Jazz has reflector set-up and stock halogens. There's no separate arrangement for high and low beams.

If the car has stock halogens on reflector assembly, then:

Option 1: Upgrade to Philips/Osram Rallye with 100/90W bulbs + Branded relays (Philips/Hella/Uno Minda/Vaishnu) along with ceramic bulb holders.
Pros: Pocket friendly, acceptable improvement over stock
Cons: Possible overheating and frequent burnout.

Option 2: Stick to halogens and upgrade to Philips Xtreme Vision/Osram NB Laser (same 55/60W)
Pros: Minor incremental upgrade over stock set-up; pocket friendly
Cons: Limited life and hence may need frequent replacement

Option 3: Retain the stock set-up, but, upgrade the fog lamps to projector using Blaze India's
product as outlined in the link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...aze-india.html (iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)).
Thanks to SBHPIan @vsrivatsa for sharing this.

P.S: Feasibility check on fitment in your car is a pre-requisite for this option.

Pros: Good improvement in visibility; (Assumed) effective during rains & fog {users to confirm please}

Option 4: Upgrade to full HID set-up with conversion kits (35W, 4300K is the popular option). I may be wrong here, but am assuming this means replacing the whole reflector set-up with projector set-up??
Pros: Mentioned as the most effective solution for night driving in most (if not all) weather conditions
Cons: Costly, was quoted ~20K by a local guy.

Disclaimer: I have not factored the warranty dimension in the above since it can be differ.

Arranging the options in terms of cost(low-high): Option 1/2 < Option 3 < Option 4
Arranging the options in terms of effectiveness (low-high): Option 1/2 < Option 3 < Option 4

Greatly appreciate your thoughts...Thanks!

If the car already has projector set-up, if i understand correctly, Option 4 is still the best.

In addition, i have a few questions on Option 4:
Q1. Does HID conversion mean replacing the reflector set-up with projectors?
Q2. I also read about retrofitting HIDs in stock headlights. Can retrofitting HIDs in reflector assembly be effective. I remember reading that it's illegal to use HIDs in reflector assembly?

Last edited by VikramCS : 3rd January 2023 at 22:39.
Old 30th January 2023, 23:32   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
Blaupunkt is a very reliable German brand with direct to consumer presence in India (https://blaupunktcar.in/) along with support (maybe like Bosch). It sells Lights, Rear Cams, Dash Cams, Car audio, Dampening sheets along with other stuff.

Why then there are very few reviews or recommendations for their products vs. online/unbranded products. I thought it would be a no brainer to buy from them for any upgrades. Do they have a QC issue in the market or are the products fake?

According to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaupunkt "After the 2011 take-over, Blaupunkt became a managed brand name with all production outsourced to China."

I read in the In Car Entertainment thread that they too put their stamp on lower end Head Units and sells them under the brand with misleading/fake specs and inflated prices. Ever since this I have been skeptical.
rroy92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 19:46   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, where can I buy a pair of "OSRAM Xenarc Night Breaker Unlimited D1S Xenon HID Headlight" bulbs in Bangalore? Xenon lights on my car (2012 S Class) are not as bright as they used to be when new and the above OSRAM lights seem to be a better choice than OEM - brighter with same colour temperature.
Old 9th October 2023, 22:23   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Folks, where can I buy a pair of "OSRAM Xenarc Night Breaker Unlimited D1S Xenon HID Headlight" bulbs in Bangalore? Xenon lights on my car (2012 S Class) are not as bright as they used to be when new and the above OSRAM lights seem to be a better choice than OEM - brighter with same colour temperature.
Nitin automobiles, JC road. Please talk to Nitin , I remember him being a dealer of Philips and Osram lighting products, used to get halogen bulbs from there, he used to have all original products down to the smallest indicator bulbs.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed