Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2022, 10:23   #46
BHPian

Re: Review | Osram LEDriving HL Premium | 6000 Kelvin | Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner fan View Post
I got hold of a preowned 2017 Creta and found the lighting setup below par. Went to a trusted installer and got HID (Hyundai OEM Excelite) installed in the projectors and LED in the fogs.
It’s been few weeks now and am quite satisfied with the upgrade, happy to DM details of the installation if it piques your interest.
Could you share the trusted installers details?
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 01:37   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Could you share the trusted installers details?
This is Batra Car Care who have their shops on the Old Delhi Gurgaon Road opposite sector 14. Happy to DM contact numbers for either Gagan or Amit (both brothers)
gunner fan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 12:17   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Disappointing Update
Folks this is the final update and honestly not an encouraging one so ill try to narrate the whole ordeal as it is and will let the forum decide .

SO as of today i have installed the Halogens back and the refund has been completed as well.

All said and done i would still stick to the statement that the LED replacement from OSRAM was a definite improvement(Not Upgrade) from the stock Halogens and anyone planning the same should go ahead hands down especially knowing you are not voiding any warranty and its a plug and play setup.
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Since your car had a projector setup, you had advised accordingly.

Want to share my yesterday night's experience quickly. After getting some advice around going with Osram H4 LED for my Honda Jazz VX CVT (which had Stock Halogen 55/60 H4 in a reflector setup), I had a harrowing experience after installing these yesterday. On my way home, could not see even large potholes yesterday night. I also went for an additional 20 minute drive late night, and the experience was the same!

I got the halogens back this morning, and am returning the product!

To conclude: Definitely avoid LEDs in a reflector setup! I know this hurts to all owners with a reflector setup, but that includes myself too!
jaysheth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 14:47   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Disappointing Update
Folks this is the final update and honestly not an encouraging one so ill try to narrate the whole ordeal as it is and will let the forum decide .
Thanks Artyom for the detailed post.

I have new Creta base variant and was not happy with stock halogen lights. I followed the same steps you mentioned in your initial post and it helped a lot for this DIY.

During replacement I found it difficult to remove the stock halogen lights from the slot. It was stuck and I had to spend a lot of time to remove it. Faced the same issue on both sides. I was able to fix the LED light easily on the right side but on left side I found it difficult may be due to my hand size. Finally I was able to fix but was not sure whether it got locked in correct position and also the final LED beam was not proper.

Next day I visited a car accessories shop nearby and explained the issue, Technician there removed both LED lights and fixed it again. It was during day time so was not able to check the beam pattern, He assured that if LED bulbs are fixed properly in the slot then beam pattern will be perfect and there is no need of additional adjustment. Based on his assurance I came back home and then took car out at night to test it, It works well and overall light output is far better than stock halogen lights. I will be continuing with this setup throughout warranty period.

A small suggestion to BHPians who are planning to install this light on their own with no prior hands-on experience, its better to buy the product online and get it installed at nearby accessories shop. They will charge around 200Rs and we can be rest assured that its fitted properly.
wpravin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 19:09   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpravin View Post
Thanks Artyom for the detailed post.

I have new Creta base variant and was not happy with stock halogen lights. I followed the same steps you mentioned in your initial post and it helped a lot for this DIY.

During replacement I found it difficult to remove the stock halogen lights from the slot. It was stuck and I had to spend a lot of time to remove it. Faced the same issue on both sides. I was able to fix the LED light easily on the right side but on left side I found it difficult may be due to my hand size. Finally I was able to fix but was not sure whether it got locked in correct position and also the final LED beam was not proper.

Next day I visited a car accessories shop nearby and explained the issue, Technician there removed both LED lights and fixed it again. It was during day time so was not able to check the beam pattern, He assured that if LED bulbs are fixed properly in the slot then beam pattern will be perfect and there is no need of additional adjustment. Based on his assurance I came back home and then took car out at night to test it, It works well and overall light output is far better than stock halogen lights. I will be continuing with this setup throughout warranty period.

A small suggestion to BHPians who are planning to install this light on their own with no prior hands-on experience, its better to buy the product online and get it installed at nearby accessories shop. They will charge around 200Rs and we can be rest assured that its fitted properly.
I am glad the post helped and yes please do update the ownership review after few months.
I am still on the stock setup and if nothing works I will order another set and get it installed this time from a shop nearby.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 13:08   #51
BHPian

Apparently Osram has launched their 50W 4200K (50W/light) HB3 & H11 LED setups.

Below is the link to order:-
https://www.planetcarcare.com/produc...00k-6000k-pair

Online Sales Customer Care - 7217668355 (9am-7pm)
Email: support@planetcarcare.com

This info has been copied from another post in TBHP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks