Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2023, 23:02   #46
BHPian

Re: VIOFO A229 Duo Front and Rear Dashcam | Review & Initial Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidbeard View Post
I haven't placed an order. Can wait, but do you have insights into the possible pricing of the new products? Will they be priced higher ?
No clue about the pricing yet. It can only be ascertained after the launch. Only thing certain is they'd be better than A229 Duo. One would be with 4k+2k and support 3 channels as well, another would be with 2k+2k. Both with HDR and upgraded sensors.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 00:25   #47
BHPian

Can someone please recommend a good shop in Chennai to purchase and install the camera? So that everything is in store and not 50-50
Old 3rd August 2023, 10:16   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Do not buy a dashcam which does not have HDR. I repeat, do not buy a dashcam which does not have HDR.
Thanks sir for all your inputs in this forum, i realised HDR is of prime importance along with sensors. I finally ordered the qx2 from iroad. I came to know of both viofo and iroad from this forum. Will update once I get this installed.
stupidbeard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 20:24   #49

Hi All, I am in the market for a dashcam and have been going through various threads and have realised that VioFo is one of the better brands. Has anyone purchased the dashcam in USA and used in India. The price difference is significant esp during the black friday sale. If yes, any idea on the warranty and after sales service on it? Any links, guidance will be helpful.
Old 8th January 2024, 00:29   #50
BHPian

A late comment.

Thanks to your post, I'm seriously considering the Viofo A229 Plus model (2k + 2k with HDR support for both cameras). I hope I don't face issues you did WRT overexposed number plates during the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
This is the best method you can use to install a dashcam. No wire cutting, no warranty issues, no alterations to your dashcam or your car. Plus, you get an addition USB socket for charging, as the dashcam only takes one port in the supplied charger.
I'm wondering how this method avoids warranty issues. You still use a fuse tap, but for powering a cigarette lighter port instead of a dashcam. That's still a non-standard method of using an existing fuse, or a empty slot in the fusebox.

Thanks.
Old 8th January 2024, 01:20   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearchichi View Post
A late comment.

Thanks to your post, I'm seriously considering the Viofo A229 Plus model (2k + 2k with HDR support for both cameras). I hope I don't face issues you did WRT overexposed number plates during the night.
Go ahead with that if you have the budget. Reviews seem fine.

Quote:
I'm wondering how this method avoids warranty issues. You still use a fuse tap, but for powering a cigarette lighter port instead of a dashcam. That's still a non-standard method of using an existing fuse, or a empty slot in the fusebox.
Ummm, nope. You are using two fuses for powering cigaratte port as well as dashcam. If you have an issue there, you can use an empty slot in fuse box.

Just install fuse tap in the slot and you're good to go. I don't think it is non standard at all. There's a reason why they have left empty fuses which are powered in the fuse box. Even if there was a problem in the circuit, the first one thing to conk off would be the fuse.

IMO, non standard would be using power directly from the battery via clamps for dashcam.

Don't worry. Have hardwired my previous dashcams as well. Been using it since last 6-7 years. Nothing to worry about.
Only way you'd lose your warranty would be by tampering existing wires, cutting and sourcing power from the line.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 17:46   #52
BHPian

Hi All, after much deliberation, I am considering the Viofo A229 Plus model for my XuV 500.

Someone is coming from Canada next month and can get it from there. The price difference is around 30-35%.

Does viofo provide global warranty on the product? If yes, I may consider getting Pro as it is a one time investment.
Old 9th January 2024, 23:19   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshc18 View Post
Hi All, after much deliberation, I am considering the Viofo A229 Plus model for my XuV 500.

Someone is coming from Canada next month and can get it from there. The price difference is around 30-35%.

Does viofo provide global warranty on the product? If yes, I may consider getting Pro as it is a one time investment.
They don't have international warranty, AFAIK. Very slim chances of going something wrong with the camera.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks