Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2022, 15:55   #16
BHPian

Re: My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped

What a tasteful looking car! I've always admired the Jetta, and you've made yours look and drive like a beast. Maybe even a mild tint on the tail lamps might bring it all together! Nothing major, just a slightly darker tone.
Porcupine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 23:19   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Going to our homepage today
Thank you \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Outstanding thread Suhaas! Loved reading each and every bit of it.
Thank you
Quote:
What's a Jetta if you don't share a love-hate relationship with it
This is a never-ending thing right :P
Quote:
Keep the reliability aside, and it's very very difficult to fault this car in all honesty. It's an extremely versatile all-rounder. Understated yet elegant looks, good quality interiors, has most basic features covered even on the Comfortline barring a few, excellent ride and handling balance and a sweet motor. Not to forget, the teutonic build.
Imagine the upgrade from here, unless I spend 25-30 Large ones even in the used market, it is impossible to find one.
Quote:
I have always said this and will say it again, whoever hasn't got a remap on their 2.0 TDI is missing out on something very special. You can't drive a stock car after this come what may.
You were the first person I remembered after I drove and said "Yes, he was right, I should have got the remap earlier"
Quote:
Wishing you another lakh km of hassle free ownership with your Jetta
Thank you \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay_Rebel View Post
I know exactly what you mean when you say you have taken utmost care of the car.
Thanks a ton, Akshay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Only grouse is you did not get the remap done earlier.
I bet on it and ask anyone to do at least a Stage1 remap to get a different feel from the same car.
Quote:
Finding a worthy replacement is indeed a challenge.
Absolutely. Partly a reason why I did not pick a used 520/525D series back then. It seemed like a very good replacement rather an upgrade. Hopefully a 30D in future.
Quote:
He is such a great guy and you get a feel the car is in the right hands.
True. Now I have reached a point where I can blindly trust him. Touchwood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
Sanga, you have no idea how many times I remembered your car while driving on the Autobahns in Germany last week
Thanks da \m/ I wish you get a good German car soon.
Quote:
I kept telling my wife about that lovely night run we did to Nandi Hills area few years back. Thanks for sharing so much info on this thread
We should do one more soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
The itch to get the remap on my Octavia has got stronger \m/. I wish you many more kms with this one!
Thanks a ton. Please get a reliable map that suits you and you'll thank me later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Good that you are holding on to her despite the issues over the past 4 years.
Yes, the pleasure of driving this car has been more worthwhile than the amount spent. It is harder to think of letting it go. Stupid heart asks to go get a downpipe and a Stage2 soon :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by manubg92 View Post
I know the lengths you have gone to keep the car as it is today.
Thanks le. I know you know that garage was my second home
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaiDrive View Post
I would love to hear more about your motorcycles too in another post maybe.
Sure. I did plenty of riding Pre-Covid. Also, riding the bike reduced drastically but not nill after marriage :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen View Post
Didn't know they dealt for Wolf Moto remaps as well.
IIRC, they're the only dealer for Wolf in Bengaluru.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Nice ride sangam_mm93! Would be awesome to catch up with some fellow Jetta owners.
Sure thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duker2997 View Post
I guess we are in the same group of Bangalore CBR250R riders on FB.
Yes, I am \m/
Quote:
If you don't mind can you share a bit of your experience about your remap, since your group also has a remapped Jetta from Pete's a comparison would be great. Any idea on the power that's being pushed?
I can vouch that the map is fantastic, especially with the custom map for a lifetime. We can go back and ask for a change as and when needed. I may ask for some good top-end next month.

Torque is now spread wider. I guess the pull starts at as low as 1500 RMP.

I did not do a Dyno, they quote 190+bhp and ~410nm. Now that I have the K&N filter as well, I am assuming a bump of 3-5bhp. Please take this lightly as I have not dyno'd yet. But I have seen their stage2 Jettas doing 500nm on the dyno. So do a 2+2.

The Pete's tuned car was not slow either. But I cannot tell you whether Wolf was faster or slower. I did not do a drag test. But I can assure you there was no smoke with Wolf. Also, Pete's will cost you either half or a little more than Wolf.

City drives are amazing. Lesser gear shifts. Revs way quicker than the stock diesel.

Wheelspins! Oh boy, it does that a lot.

Highway drives are even better. You can overtake almost anything that there is. To put a reference, during my Coimbatore trip, the X3 struggled to keep up.

If driving not-so-sedately then I better tires and brakes complement the map.
Quote:
I'm contemplating getting a downpipe+remap at the same time for my car(Jetta AT), any inputs are appreciated.
Please do! But get your mechanicals sorted. Such as timing kit, Flywheel, clutch etc. The map needs a mechanically healthy car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Maybe even a mild tint on the tail lamps might bring it all together!
That is definitely in the queue. I will add that in the next update.

Last edited by sangam_mm93 : 9th July 2022 at 23:22.
sangam_mm93 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 17:29   #18
BHPian

Beautifully done up black beauty and an entertaining write up.
The obvious gains on power and torque look impressive.

This has got me seriously contemplating getting the remap on my 2.0 tsi jetta as well!

Will a stage one remap affect engine reliability in the long run?
I am currently using Dieseltronic for a small bump in power and reducing the turbo lag at low rpms.

Appreciate your inputs.
sidbp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 03:12   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidbp View Post
This has got me seriously contemplating getting the remap on my 2.0 tsi jetta as well!
You mean TDI ?
Quote:
Will a stage one remap affect engine reliability in the long run?
Technically yes, but the gains we get nullifies anything else. Especially if we are stopping at Stage1. More power means more stress on mechanicals. More stress means less life. Percentage may be very low but it’s there. A stock map clutch-flywheel may give up at 90K KMs, a Stage1 at 85K KMs. Same with tires and brakes. Engine life as well. But I have seen cars maintained well at Stage2/3 at 2L KMs. — It’s a rough comparison, but get the gist, right ?

Last edited by sangam_mm93 : 14th July 2022 at 03:14.
Old 16th July 2022, 19:09   #20
BHPian

Did you replace the suspension with stock parts from the vw parts bin or use aftermarket?
A breakup of the parts replaced and their cost would be very helpful.
Thankyou.
Old 8th November 2022, 05:05   #21
BHPian

It has been a few months since I wrote something about my car. I was just waiting for a substantial amount of data to pen down something.
  • Key
One fine day I go to the office, and I reckon that Robi had shared a Keymaker's address which was walkable from my office. Highlander bike workshop is also close and I often meet up there for lunch with my friend there. I had received only 1 key from the dealer, so I thought why not have another key right here while I work? Took some 2 hours because the KeyFob I picked was picky, any other of them would have taken 30 mins. I think I paid 2.5-3K
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-new-key.jpg
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-new-key-vw-logo.jpgMy 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-new-key-vw-open.jpg
  • Bumper, Cover, Grill and Windshield again
My car's front bumper and I never got along. The weird kind of thing is this never happened when I had the 205 55 16 tires. I got 205 60 16 just to get more comfort and ground clearance and yet this kept happening.

I did not know when this happened but I had lost this cover, I realised only when my new fog lamps started to wiggle.
Missing Cover and Broken Bumper Lip
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-bumper-cover.jpg My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-broken-bumper.jpg

I also tried removing the chrome bits and successfully failed by breaking them. Similarly, I did that to my grill so I bought another one from another friend who upgraded his grill to GLI.

My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-radiator-vent-.jpg
So I started hunting for these parts. A fellow Jetta owner Rajat helped me with both the parts; Cover and Air vents (if that's what we call them)
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-vent.jpg
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-cover.jpg
I was still figuring out where to get them installed. The next day at the gym, I see water seeping into my cabin because my windshield gum dried off. I thought I will fix it on my own but most folks suggested claiming a warranty as I got it from insurance via ASC. It was indeed not even a year and this happened. Whitefield ASC was kind enough not to throw VAG tantrums and agreed to re-paste the windshield free of cost.

They mark it as a Repeat job and add a 100% discount.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-windshield-invoice.jpg
But hey, how can this be so easy right? You are right. While installing the windshield, they had pasted a plaster to my roof, when they removed it my Clear coat came off, and a bit of paint too.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-paint-stripped.jpg
As expected, they blamed the paint job and I could not disagree. I took the car and left.

Now I decided to give my car to fix all the above 3 issues at a friend's place [Guy Car steamer] at Sarjapur road, who is also a Jetta owner. I drop the car there, only to realise that the cover that I got is a Vento's and not the Jetta's.

Either I return it at my own cost or retrofit it, so he said he will try to fix it. In about a few days' time, the car is ready on 29th August, with the below tasks done costing 27K from procuring to installation.
  1. Full front bumper paint and PPF for the lip
  2. New grill and cover installation.
  3. Interior cleaning
  4. Exterior polishing
  5. Roof wrap because I did not want to paint it now.
  6. Tail lamps smoked
  7. Bonnet alignment
  8. Rear bumper alignment and touch-up.

Here are some pics from a night drive after the paint job. Thanks to Shrey for his neat job on the car. The facia fix was a long due.

Porcupine, you are right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Maybe even a mild tint on the tail lamps might bring it all together! Nothing major, just a slightly darker tone.
Our Jetta and GT. TBH the smoked lamps made it look twice better than it was.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-jetta-polo.jpg
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-grill-cover.jpg
  • Jetta Breakfast meet at Kolar - Sept 11 2022
This was fun. A few new joiners, Stock, Stage 1 and 2 map cars.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-all-cars.jpg My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-all-cars2.jpg
Roahan's Stage 2 (Wolf's ECU and TCU, Engineering Exponent's Custom downpipe) car was mind-blowingly fast.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-roahan-car.jpeg
Harish's Stage 2 (GT ECU and Race concepts' downpipe) sounded almost like petrol. In fact, when he arrived, we thought some SBK came to the meeting.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-stage-2-monsters.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 8th November 2022 at 05:12.
sangam_mm93 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 05:05   #22
BHPian

• Service 2022 at 1,29,000.
    I had run an overall 14.5K Kms since the last service including 5K on the Stage 1+ map.
    I went to Engineering Exponent and got a quick service done on October 4th. I got the following done.
    1. Oil filter
    2. Diesel filter
    3. Engine oil
      We used Motul X-Tec Plus this time instead of Amsoil like the last time
      My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-oil.jpg My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-oil2.jpg
    4. Polytron - Added Polytron additive
    5. AC filter

I did not change the Air Filter as I already had the K&N filter. I bought the cleaning kit and I cleaned it myself at 1,27,000Kms. The service cost me approximately 10K.

They got a new ramp now. It definitely is making the work easier for the men there.
    My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-new-ramp.jpg My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-car-ramp.jpg
  • Ayudha Pooje 2022.
    Just a day before the Ayudha Pooje my Logo goes missing. I left home for a midnight chai meet, it was not there when I returned. Not sure if it was stolen but I strongly believe it fell off.
    Logo missing
    My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-logo-missing.jpg

My beloved 250R and Jetta. You can see the Fog lamps are off, they somehow are not getting supply.
    My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-front.jpg
    My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-rear.jpg
    My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-side.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 8th November 2022 at 05:13.
sangam_mm93 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 05:10   #23
BHPian

Bumper Again!

I told you my bumper and I do not get along. A month and a half later, on October 14th I got everything sorted, I went to Doddaballpur for a friend's wedding. It poured so badly that day I could barely see a thing. I took 1 hour to cross Yelahanka from Hebbal where it takes merely 15-20 mins. This was because of water logging at the beginning of one of the flyovers. The water came from the service road to almost the divider on the flyover.

Fortunately, I crossed this junction without any issues, but hey wait for it, I could barely see a thing, it was pouring so much, I was doing hardly 30s, yet hit such a deep pothole I broke the new part [Vento cover] that I got installed. Bonus - my fog lamp covers also fell off.
Both the Cover and Bumper are damaged.

My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-cover-broke.jpg

Fog light trims.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-fog-trims-gone.jpg

Octavia Rims and Car Spa.
A fellow VW group friend Nikhil was selling the Octavia L&K rims that were freshly painted in Gun metal grey. I could not resist it.
Here is how they arrived. Tightly and safely packed.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-rims-packed.jpg

The Gun metal grey looks awesome.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-rim-solo.jpg

As soon as I received them from Pune, I told him I will install rims only after my bumper issue is solved. 1 hour later I am in Cherry Tires, Indiranagar
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-cherry.jpg

My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-rear-view.jpg

The next week, I went to a friend's Car Spa at JP Nagar, Spring's Car care.

Jetta getting its treatment. Prameeth's work is commendable as usual.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-prameets-place.jpg

The car looks so much more beautiful after the new rims, especially after the cleaning.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-rim-sample.jpg

I need to get new caps now, the old VW caps are bigger. I need ones from Polo now.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-rim-sample2.jpg

Fix Fog lamp supply
I was so pissed off about the fog supply. I had them hardly 50% on since I got them. Engineering Exponent's electricians suggested a quick fix before I get a thorough check.
We tapped the Low beam supply from the fuse box and connected it to the fog with the relay attached. Driving at night now has become easy again.

My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-fogs-tapped-low-beam.jpg

New VW Emblem, Link Rods again, and Probably a first Jetta MT Stage2 with Downpipe!

I ordered the VW emblem for my car, thanks to D-BHPian Ananth for patching me with BHPian Viraat. Viraat sourced the logo for me.

Now, this is the most awaited part of my life with this car. I wanted a Stage2 ever since I drove Roahan's Wolf Stage2 and even more after Harish's car. You may ask, what about my USA Visa? Who USA? What USA? I do not when or if that happens, man. If it happens I will make sure the car is in safe hands and If I do not go, I'd have a wonderful time with a Stage 2 MT diesel.
Also, not that it matters but I am assuming my car is the first Jetta MT 2.0 TDI to get a Stage 2. At least that I know of.

I am not getting a 3-inch pipe like others got or will get. My budget permitted only the stock size of -2.5 inches. I am doing a DeCat, Resonator delete, and Custom muffler, I requested Jayant [Engineering Exponent] to make it slightly louder than the ones they did in the past. I want it loud enough to bear it on highways.

Now that I am getting Stage2, I knew the car would be here for 3-4 days at least, including a Sunday and Kannda Rajyothsava. So, I decide I will fix my bumper here. They outsource it to a vendor. I got the cover plastic welded, and the bumper repainted.

I also got new link rods. 2nd set by me. The ones that I got lasted 35K KMs.

Over enthusiastic me troubling the mechanic there. I wonder if I talk too much and irritate them. LOL.

My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-stage2-me-supporting.jpg

The cat was removed, and you can see the Flex retained.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-cat.jpg

View after Cat is removed, FYI, the steering rack needs to be removed.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-cat-removed-view.jpg

Old muffler and Resonator
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-old-muffler-.jpg

After DeCat, the mid-section is dismantled.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-mid-section.jpg

The resonator after removal.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-resonator-removed.jpg

The Muffler separated from the resonator.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-muffler-removed.jpg

You can see the new pipe coming from the turbo to the straight pipe.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-downpipe.jpg

My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-downpipe2.jpg

I get the car on 3rd November. I was really excited to hear the note. Click here to watch and listen to the exhaust note. Let me know how it sounds.

Needless to say, the Stage 2 map just made the car even better to drive. If I am not wrong, the torque starts as low as 1500 RPMs and goes all the way linearly to 4.5-5K RPMs.

I tested 2 different maps. Somehow I felt 1st one had a better low end, and wheelspins in 3rd gear too but was a little slow in 4th and above gears after 3.5k RPMs. The second map rectified this issue. Guess what, they gave me the new map the very next day.

Top of this, Folks from Engineering Exponent Kiran, Vignesh, Prajwal and Rakshit were really helpful. Kiran got the system installed as soon as he could. Vignesh helped sort out the Fog supply issues; their electrical expert.
Prajwal and Rakshit were there, testing the map, and logging data; we tested from 8 pm to 12 am I guess. This differentiates people working for salary vs working because they love working on cars. They could have done it the next day too and I could not have denied it. But they were there working passionately.

Different angles of the exhaust and Muffler.
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-34th-angle.jpg My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-side-view.jpg My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-view-tip-bottom.jpg

I guess that's enough for this update. I have a few more minor things to be done such as Logo installation, Enabling camera on RCD 330G etc; I shall update them sooner or later.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th November 2022 at 09:45.
sangam_mm93 is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 11:48   #24
BHPian

Suhas, excellent mods! As they say in kannada, sarig baarsu inna! sounds sweet though, makes you forget all the pain and cost you endure. But the paint looks a little faded, uncharacteristic of VWs paint quality in the night pictures above
100Kmphormore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 11:55   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangam_mm93 View Post
Bumper Again!

I guess that's enough for this update. I have a few more minor things to be done such as Logo installation, Enabling camera on RCD 330G etc; I shall update them sooner or later.
Firstly congratulations!! And your car sounds crazy good. And it also moves very quickly to match that sound. During the last Jetta meet at Lakeview Milkbar we all were at Aww seeing you gun down that stretch!!

Now I am getting ideas, and you are to be blamed for it
duker2997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 12:18   #26

Quote:
I get the car on 3rd November. I was really excited to hear the note. Click here to watch and listen to the exhaust note. Let me know how it sounds.
Was casually sipping my coffee and wasn't expecting that! The liquid went back to the cup as I forgot the sipping method for a second! Man, that sounds so good, the turbo waste-gate whistle and the throaty note, it just couldn't get any better! Now I want to get a beater project car which I can modify in similar way!
Blue Vitriol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 18:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:

Needless to say, the Stage 2 map just made the car even better to drive. If I am not wrong, the torque starts as low as 1500 RPMs and goes all the way linearly to 4.5-5K RPMs.

I tested 2 different maps. Somehow I felt 1st one had a better low end, and wheelspins in 3rd gear too but was a little slow in 4th and above gears after 3.5k RPMs. The second map rectified this issue. Guess what, they gave me the new map the very next day.
Congratulations on the mod. This is a beast of a car in stock form, and now you’ve just taken it to a different level. I think wolf performance/ engineering exponent is now specialised in making the best stage2 Jettas there is. Your car looks absolutely stunning with all the new mods. Please do provide more insight on how much the drive has improved from the stage1 setup you previously had. I suppose it’s a sub 7 second car at the moment. I can’t imagine how blown away I’d be after driving a stage2 Jetta. Probably someday soon, I’ll give my Jetta the wolf treatment as well. Anyways, wish you many more miles with the beast.
dieselhead01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 15:00   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
Suhas, excellent mods! As they say in kannada, sarig baarsu inna! sounds sweet though, makes you forget all the pain and cost you endure.
True. Now I am doing this, "Agasa hosadaralli batte ettetti vagada ante" ~200KMs in 2 days already including tests.
This translates to "A washerman washes clothes rigorously only in his early days. Thank me for killing the joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
But the paint looks a little faded, uncharacteristic of VWs paint quality in the night pictures above
Yeah, I got the car fully painted. The clear coat is not that great. Also, my car's current blank is not stock black. Stock black has a blue tinge to it.

Stock Black VS My Black
My 2012 VW Jetta is now Wolf'd & remapped-stock-black-vs-mine.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by duker2997 View Post
And your car sounds crazy good. And it also moves very quickly to match that sound. During the last Jetta meet at Lakeview Milkbar we all were at Aww seeing you gun down that stretch!!
Now I am getting ideas, and you are to be blamed for it
Thanks a ton. You get it done and you'll thank me later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Vitriol View Post
Man, that sounds so good, the turbo waste-gate whistle and the throaty note, it just couldn't get any better!
Thanks a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead01 View Post
Congratulations on the mod.
Thank you.
Quote:
I think wolf performance/ engineering exponent is now specialised in making the best stage2 Jettas there is.
They did a commendable job. Now I feel I should get the exhaust at least in any car I own :P
Quote:
Please do provide more insight on how much the drive has improved from the stage1 setup you previously had. I suppose it’s a sub 7 second car at the moment. I can’t imagine how blown away I’d be after driving a stage2 Jetta. Probably someday soon, I’ll give my Jetta the wolf treatment as well. Anyways, wish you many more miles with the beast.
It should be a Sub 7 I guess, I will use draggy or Vbox one fine day. The drive is much better than Stage1 and also the exhaust note is a cherry on the cake. It is not loud till I hit 2.5K RPMs. So I can sound sedate when I want to.

Last edited by sangam_mm93 : 9th November 2022 at 15:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks