Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2022, 18:52   #46
BHPian

Re: Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post
Time for the 2nd part of the conversion.

On 28th November My dad & I took the car to the local fabricator. I explained the job to him. This being the OEM bodykit, it had all the mounting points and bolts to fit it directly on the bumpers....
Congratulations Jassy for this beautiful car. I regard the Cedia as one of the best handling cars available in India. The point and shoot nature is to die for! and the fact that you can see the hood proximities from the driver's throne

I see that you have mostly done cosmetic changes. How about some changes/mods to the powertrain?
aqualeo2040 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 21:09   #47
BHPian

Re: Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Congratulations Jassy for this beautiful car. I regard the Cedia as one of the best handling cars available in India. The point and shoot nature is to die for! and the fact that you can see the hood proximities from the driver's throne

I see that you have mostly done cosmetic changes. How about some changes/mods to the powertrain?
It's been 4 years now; most of the time went into Sports conversion and regular maintenance of the car. While I was busy looking for conversion parts, I invested some time reading articles and threads related to Mechanical improvements.

One of them was related to the replacement of Shifter Base Bushings from Rubber to Aluminium.

I would like to thank Cedians United member Chetan for his constant reminders.

On 22nd March 2022, My dad & I decided to give it a try. So to take the measurements we had to remove the center console.
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-whatsapp-image-20220511-7.56.12-pm-1.jpeg

Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-whatsapp-image-20220511-7.56.11-pm.jpeg

Now that we had the rubber bushings out, we could take the measurements easily.
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-whatsapp-image-20220511-7.56.12-pm.jpeg

Within a few hours, the bushings were ready.
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-whatsapp-image-20220511-7.56.13-pm.jpeg

Later I got them Anodized in Blue color. They won't be visible anyway
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-whatsapp-image-20220511-7.56.35-pm.jpeg

Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-whatsapp-image-20220511-7.56.36-pm.jpeg

Before and After installation of Aluminium (Comparison Video)

Shifting demo with Aluminium bushings.
v=y4UJeVAnntY

I am quite happy with the results.

The next thing will be Front & Rear strut braces along with the Rear lower tie-bar. Many more things to come in the near future.
I hope you all enjoyed the timeline.
Jassy1313 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 22:24   #48
Senior - BHPian

What a lovely read! I can completely relate to the entire scepticism about the parts availability and things failing due to old age. On that note, will it be possible for you to provide the link of that WhatsApp group? @jassy1313

I have a late-2012 Mitsubishi Cedia Sports that I borrowed from my dad to replace my boring 2018 Maruti Ciaz with. It’s been an amazing, albeit, eventful, journey so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-d5fae064dd68435d99fe56db177bc9dd.jpeg  

Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-a73ecda343c64916ae33545bdf21baa0.jpeg  

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 11th May 2022 at 22:35.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 13:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

Lovely thread and amazing to see a Cedia being treated with such love and care I had a chance to buy the sports edition way back in time but i backed out and my heart still regrets that.

Any plans of getting a good end can? The small pipe at the back really looks odd (in my eyes)
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 02:26   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Lovely thread and amazing to see a Cedia being treated with such love and care I had a chance to buy the sports edition way back in time but I backed out and my heart still regrets that.

Any plans of getting a good end can? The small pipe at the back really looks odd (in my eyes)
Thank you so much for investing your time in reading the thread. Highly appreciated.

I know the feeling of losing out on a car and regret later. I wish you all the best in your future acquisitions.

Initially, I was thinking of buying Magnaflow #14814 endcan for my car. Now I feel I should go for the Valvetronic system. Before that, there are other things to attend. Stay tuned for future jobs.

For now, some new shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-psx_20220513_104100.jpg  

Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img_20220516_010407.jpg  

Jassy1313 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 10:05   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for investing your time in reading the thread. Highly appreciated.

I know the feeling of losing out on a car and regret later. I wish you all the best in your future acquisitions.

Initially, I was thinking of buying Magnaflow #14814 endcan for my car. Now I feel I should go for the Valvetronic system. Before that, there are other things to attend. Stay tuned for future jobs.

For now, some new shots.
The Magnaflow would be awesome. Had one in my Swift with Automech Free Flow and damn did it roar

But i guess with cops clamping down on loud exhausts, the Valvetronic would be a safe choice
Old 18th May 2022, 11:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Nice to see you pour so much effort into this beauty. Even today, it's quite a looker. It's from an era when cars still tried to look like cars instead of laptops/drones/spaceships/eggs.

This thread makes me want to go out and buy a Pajero Sport AT. Though I am still unsure on the maintenance bit.
Why AT? It has no 4WD option.
Old 18th May 2022, 11:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
Why AT? It has no 4WD option.
Because I want an Innova, except that I do not want an Innova (if that makes any sense ).

I cannot simply ignore the AT convenience because of 4WD
Old 18th May 2022, 11:31   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Because I want an Innova, except that I do not want an Innova (if that makes any sense ).

I cannot simply ignore the AT convenience because of 4WD
I have been driving a Manual for last 7 years (2015 Model).
If you mostly drive on highways, then driving Manual is not going to be a big issue. Also, Manual has some other advantages such as - Very Good Mileage, Low Maintenance, Fun to Drive, etc.
Old 18th May 2022, 11:34   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
I have been driving a Manual for last 7 years (2015 Model).
If you mostly drive on highways, then driving Manual is not going to be a big issue. Also, Manual has some other advantages such as - Very Good Mileage, Low Maintenance, Fun to Drive, etc.
It is mostly going to be city but occasional 1500-2000km trips to places with questionable roads.

While I do see the advantages of MT, I still want an AT. Maybe I'll give the MT a shot.
Old 18th May 2022, 11:49   #56
BHPian

Quote:
It is mostly going to be city but occasional 1500-2000km trips to places with questionable roads.

While I do see the advantages of MT, I still want an AT. Maybe I'll give the MT a shot.
If you have one more vehicle for city driving then you can go for Manual. But, if it is limited to cities, then you are going to have a leg day if you get stuck in Delhi's traffic. Lol

Let me give you a short review on Manual -

- Muscular stance and Red-White dual-tone color make PS a eye-catcher even after 7 years.
- PS's grunt makes you feel that you are driving something very powerful.
- Mileage - Easily clocking above 12-13 on Highways.
- In 7 years, I have faced only 1 issue - Leakage in the pipe connecting the turbo.
- Watch out for Hard Clutch, Gears and Steering.
- I find PS's gear ratios very odd. You'll get irritated by juggling between 2nd and 3rd gear during city driving.
- Problem with Service Centers. Only one in NCR is near Faridabad.
- The worst is Occasional very expensive services. 1 Lakh Km service cost me around 1 Lakh rupees. That was all routine.

Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd May 2022 at 09:27. Reason: As requested
Old 18th May 2022, 12:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I paid 1.50 lakhs for the Car. Registration and Transfer extra. As I mentioned earlier, I got it for a price I couldn't say NO to.

No regrets till date.
I must say I sold my Elantra GLS a lot cheaper after almost 14 years for Rs 1.15 L. It was in running condition. Had a lot of work to be done. I think you've paid almost 100% more than what the car and brand was worth.
Old 20th May 2022, 02:06   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I must say I sold my Elantra GLS a lot cheaper after almost 14 years for Rs 1.15 L. It was in running condition. Had a lot of work to be done. I think you've paid almost 100% more than what the car and brand was worth.
'Valuation of a used car' is a very subjective topic. One person's loss is another person's gain. That's an unfortunate truth.

Regarding the amount I paid; the car was within the budget and we don't regret the decision, even to date.

As we all are aware that Cedia is not a car you spot daily. The prices are already going up for well-kept examples. Oh! And the offers I get, surprise me every time. But I have no intention of selling it. .

Last edited by Jassy1313 : 20th May 2022 at 02:08.
Jassy1313 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 12:39   #59

This thread was so much fun to read. I bought the Cedia sports way back in 2010 and it's been 12 years of joy driving this. All it took was one test drive that no looking back after
And then reading up on so many enthusiasts talking so passionately about the car made the reading totally worth.
Barring an AC issue that i am facing now, i haven't had any reasons to complain. Am looking out for a good service center to get this fixed and any guidance would be super helpful. The last guy who checked the car said that the ac control panel needs replacement. Hard replacement to get.
ranganath.reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 20:17   #60
BHPian

Thank you for all the love and support.

Time to take the story ahead.
So after the cosmetics, it was time to pay attention to the mechanicals. The car has done 56000 kms and completed 12 years now. Even though it does not show the age but some components need replacement. Clutch was one of them. I had already noticed that the pedal had become slightly hard. The clutch started to slip when shifting to higher gears. Gear oil was replaced 5 years ago. So I decided to change the clutch and the transmission oil.

Yesterday I ordered the parts and today we did the replacement.

Following are the pictures.

Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img_20220621_111414.jpg

Exedy new Clutch kit.
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img_20220621_111430.jpg

Motul gear oilRejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img_20220621_111444.jpg

New Release bearing
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img_20220621_111510.jpg

Part no. & brand name of the new bearing.
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img_20220621_133709.jpg

Old pressure plate.
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img_20220621_131538.jpg
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img_20220621_131534.jpg
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img_20220621_131520.jpg

Old Clutch plate. Look at the condition. Completely toasted.Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img_20220621_131516.jpg

Old Oil
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img_20220621_150437.jpg

Thankfully the Flywheel was fine.
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img_20220621_131500.jpg

Old release bearing.
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img20220621wa0026.jpeg

Cleaning the Tranny housing.
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img20220621wa0015.jpeg
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img20220621wa0017.jpeg

Post cleaning
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img20220621wa0019.jpeg

Clutch is finally ON the car.
Rejuvenating a Mitsubishi Cedia | Additional equipment, parts, maintenance & more-img_20220621_134545.jpg
Jassy1313 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks