Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2007, 00:33   #91
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Daniel, have sent you a PM with all the details.
Old 16th August 2007, 23:09   #92
BHPian

hey guys... sorry for the long lull.... was kinda busy slogging my a** off for my GMAT. And my net connection got screwed in between. I need some headlight advice real bad...

I had replaced my stock bulbs with an after-market bulb that gives the Xenon look. It was working fine in the beginning. Now it seems the intensity of the light is reducing and also, it isn't focused anymore and driving at night is becoming difficult especially in the rain. I want to get these bulbs replaced ASAP since I have an overnight journey coming up next weekend. I heard about the Philips white-light bulb and it is supposed to be pretty good. Could any of you suggest where I could get a pair this weekend and how it performs? Also how much would a pair cost?
Old 16th August 2007, 23:26   #93
Senior - BHPian

Read the last few pages here, should give you a fair idea what you need to be looking for.
Old 16th August 2007, 23:34   #94
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Leo, most of these white bulbs are just for show. I have tried atleast 3 pairs and have found them to be useless while night driving let alone when it is raining. Luckily since I did carry the ordinary bulbs I switched back and decided never to go for them ever. Best solution is to get a pair of 100/90's with a relay. Will solve all your problems.
Old 18th August 2007, 19:44   #95
BHPian

hey riju!Thanks for the pointer, i got the lights done by Sanjay..... will test it out and update you.

But it wasnt all smooth though. Sanjay's men did their part well. But I asked them to have a look at the connections of my fog lights and my extra horns (since it wasnt working). The technician asked me where I had it fixed. I told him that I was done at JC Road and he starts shooting out a few 'nice' words about the JC Road guys. He told that the wiring was totally flawed and that if I left it like that, it could screw up my ECU. He told me to bring it another day because it would take about 2 hrs to fix the whole thing. But it's tough for me to go from my place (near HAL) to Bellary Road again to get this done. So I approached U.M Cars, Indira Nagar and they agreed to do it. Does anyone have any idea about the work done by UM Cars or can anyone suggest an alternate place near Indira Nagar to get the wiring done?
Old 18th August 2007, 20:53   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post
hey riju!Thanks for the pointer, i got the lights done by Sanjay..... will test it out and update you.

But it wasnt all smooth though. Sanjay's men did their part well. But I asked them to have a look at the connections of my fog lights and my extra horns (since it wasnt working). The technician asked me where I had it fixed. I told him that I was done at JC Road and he starts shooting out a few 'nice' words about the JC Road guys. He told that the wiring was totally flawed and that if I left it like that, it could screw up my ECU. He told me to bring it another day because it would take about 2 hrs to fix the whole thing. But it's tough for me to go from my place (near HAL) to Bellary Road again to get this done. So I approached U.M Cars, Indira Nagar and they agreed to do it. Does anyone have any idea about the work done by UM Cars or can anyone suggest an alternate place near Indira Nagar to get the wiring done?
Um cars is a very reliable place to do authorised work.If they don't know something they will flately refuse to do it.Their service is excellent.Look no further ..
Old 19th August 2007, 21:25   #97
Senior - BHPian

So lights have been done . Whats next ?
Old 23rd August 2007, 03:07   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
So lights have been done . Whats next ?
hehehe.... i wish i could go on and on and on with the mods. But I have a really tight budget these days. Saving up to apply to B-Schools and for all the other hungama that goes with it. But if anyone feels like donating, you are more than welcome!!
Old 23rd August 2007, 03:18   #99
BHPian

hey guys (especially Baleno owners)... I have a few queries that popped up when I was getting the wiring to my fog lights redone...

1) How come there is no digital clock in the Baleno? I pay 6+ for the car and they haven't provided a clock! The provision is there, but none of the accessories place I have checked have the clock for the Baleno. Does anyone know where I can get one?

2) The fog lights I have fixed are the 2000 rs Lumax ones. Is it possible to change the bulb to get the white light color? After I changed the headlight bulbs from the white light to the normal light, I kinda miss the white light effect. If I could change the bulb for the fog lights, I could at least enjoy the white light in the city.

3) The guys who did my fog lights and the additional horn have added two big, ugly switches just below the headlight level adjuster. I was wondering if switches that are correct size for the baleno is available anywhere.
Old 23rd August 2007, 10:32   #100
BHPian

Leo, Firstly yes you can change the bulbs in the Lamps, but for that you have to go through the process of removing the bumper again to put in the new bulbs.

I got the bulbs changed to Hella immediately before fitting them.

Yes you do get switches specific to the Baleno from Maruti.

Did you check about the clock availability with Maruti, I remember seeing it at Bimal.

I guess this is the same fog lamps you have, there are four screws at the back, To change the bulb you need to open it, changing the bulb in the fog lamp is very easy, the hard and time consuming part is the front bumper.

Hellcat
Old 23rd August 2007, 15:15   #101
BHPian

hey sanjeev... is that your car in the profile pic?? I had asked you to send me snaps of ur alloys a zillion times!

Btw, thanks for the pointers! How's the performance of the Hella bulbs u put in your fogs? Are they normal lights or the white light stuff?
Old 23rd August 2007, 16:39   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post
1) How come there is no digital clock in the Baleno? I pay 6+ for the car and they haven't provided a clock! The provision is there, but none of the accessories place I have checked have the clock for the Baleno. Does anyone know where I can get one?
Doesnt your HU (either OEM or otherwise) have a digital clock display? Since I have one on my Sony HU, I have set it to display the clock at all times
Old 23rd August 2007, 16:43   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
thats a cool looking set of grills mclaren,will contact you regarding the lower one.
Hi Mac,
Those grills look cool man!
Can you suggest someone doing it for a Scorpio in Bangalore.
Kitup guys in C'tore charger arounf 3.5 k for a much dumb looking one.
Old 23rd August 2007, 17:06   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Doesnt your HU (either OEM or otherwise) have a digital clock display? Since I have one on my Sony HU, I have set it to display the clock at all times
It does...... but I want to have a separate digital clock for 2 reasons:

1) I am sick of every Tom, Dick and Harry getting into my car and looking at the vacant slot where the clock is supposed to be and saying "Oh! No clock?"

2) And secondly, the dumb chaps prefer the screensaver on the HU rather than the clock (you could include me in that list of dumb chaps)

But main reason is that I dont want that empty gap there on the dashboard.
Old 9th December 2007, 03:13   #105
BHPian

I got a pair of HID Xenons installed on my car a week back. And trust me, it's just too good. And unlike common issues, the beam doesn't look dispersed and is pretty focused. It's 6000k and the light throw is definitely better than the OEM halogens. The 130/100 halogens that were present previously seemed to sap my battery pretty quickly.

Here are a few pics that I took just outside the Vaahan Yatra exhibition.

A view of the car

View from outside the car

View from inside the car

A special thanks to Anirudh and Satya for their help in procuring and installing the kit...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks