Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2021, 13:49   #31
KGS
BHPian

Re: Cars with Rust Wraps: A visually shocking trend

Happy to know , I am not the only one who "Hates" these wraps. Initially I thought I am getting too old for this new generation and latest fads.

But after thinking about these trends, One big positive side that came in my mind is such wraps gives the luxury to drive your car the way you wish to. You don't need to be ultra cautious or careful to save your car from scratches, dings , dust, mud etc. All these things are already taken care of by such ugly wraps.

Its like "Aapda me avasar". ( Translation : Opportunity in the time of calamity ) .
KGS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 09:30   #32
BHPian

What we're exactly doing here, is to make our vehicles look ugly, with the objective of grabbing eyeballs.
This is just a bigger version of something most of us already do:- try to grab attention on social media and all.

Also, after this, you can't complain if you accidentally get hit by someone.

Overall, I sort of don't agree with this trend.

Although, I'll agree that some of them look cool from some angles. The Royal Enfield and RX look like the real deal though, people will actually believe it.
Old 10th June 2021, 16:25   #33
BHPian

I am just fancying getting my fully restored PP getting rust wrapped - what are the chances it will pass fitness test
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 22:05   #34

What a lovely thread, I think it is a rat rod inspired look for the ecosport. These wraps make the cars look poorly done up and the clarity detoriates. Personally have seen the wrapped Ford ecosport lying in a police station, seems like the cops weren’t having it either. Haha!

Cars with Rust Wraps: A visually shocking trend-4054dbfaff134d1d9f5e594e3e8bbca1.jpeg
sharan181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 12:14   #35
BHPian

I absolutely love rust wraps! I don't how I started liking it, but the very thought of having a sparkling new car inside and rusted-out car outside is just such an interesting theme!

"Look like stock, spread like stink"

I saw this truck in my very first car meet in the US - everything that I would like in a truck - lowered, rusted, loud. It also looks like it's on slicks.

Cars with Rust Wraps: A visually shocking trend-whatsapp-image-20220606-12.07.03-pm.jpeg
Old 6th June 2022, 14:41   #36
BHPian

Personally its repulsive to me to see the Rust Wrap on cars.

I have seen quite a few Rust Wraps in US and didn't like them. Its a different thing if a well kept car ages naturally, especially Pickup truck and there is Rust.

Looks more like abandoned rusted boats you see in coastal areas

Regards
Old 6th June 2022, 15:42   #37
BHPian

Having seen the iconic rust-wrapped Porche 911 with Martini Racing livery in person, I must say, I was impressed at how tastefully it was done. This car was a common sight on Calicut roads even before the wrap and used to be a head-turner along with the Porche Cayenne owned by the same family. The 911 was soon joined by a red Audi R8 which left the onlookers awestruck every time it passed by. It might not sound like a big deal now. But over a decade ago, in a small city like Calicut, it was definitely a big deal.

The garage soon grew with the likes of Ferrari 458 Italia, Rolls Royce Ghost, Lamborghini Gallardo, Lamborghini Huracan , Lamborghini Urus, Mercedes G-Wagen, newer Porche 911 along with the “usual” Land Cruiser 200, Mercedes S-Class etc. These cars were not kept like museum pieces, and the owner had driven them like they were meant to be. The Porche 911, that started it all, is forever close to the heart of the owner and now adorns the walls of their company Head Quarters. Autocar India had a feature on the same Porche 911 that achieved the milestone of crossing 1,00,000 kms.

https://www.mansworldindia.com/exper...-only-porsche/
Attached Images

Last edited by nuew : 6th June 2022 at 15:47. Reason: Spelling
nuew is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed