Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2021, 19:27   #16
BHPian

Re: My Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI | Upgraded turbo, intercooler, suspension, brakes & more

Amazing! I loved your Vento modification thread and I'm looking forward to see what you do to this Octy.
Mu humble suggestion: please don't go overboard with the visual mods. The Octavia is a beautiful car and is the perfect candidate for a sleeper. As regards to what you do under the hood, go nuts!
Old 1st April 2021, 19:57   #17
BHPian

Re: My Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI | Upgraded turbo, intercooler, suspension, brakes & more

Great job with the mods!

Just a quick question: did you have to roll your fenders after the tyre upgrade? Since it also sits lower after the coils upgrade, I'm guessing you have some rubbing happening on bad roads?
Old 1st April 2021, 21:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Amazing! I loved your Vento modification thread and I'm looking forward to see what you do to this Octy.
Mu humble suggestion: please don't go overboard with the visual mods. The Octavia is a beautiful car and is the perfect candidate for a sleeper. As regards to what you do under the hood, go nuts!
I am done with visual mods and under the hood is also pretty much done for now unless I don't feel the need for more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchiragrawal View Post
Great job with the mods!

Just a quick question: did you have to roll your fenders after the tyre upgrade? Since it also sits lower after the coils upgrade, I'm guessing you have some rubbing happening on bad roads?
I haven't rolled the fenders. Not once has the car touched it even on load and the springs aren't very low so I haven't really bothered with it.
sharan1988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 21:22   #19
BHPian

Bling Update:

Car was quite sad and it never got the detailing treatment and the pampering my Vento got. I was just waiting to finish my build to send the car in for a ceramic coat. There are many good detailing centres in Chennai . My usual go to place is OCD but then I decided to try someone else this time. "The detailing mafia" opened their store near my house recently and i know a few friends who have been happy with their work so I decided to try them out this time. Gave them a call and immediate got a booking. They were quite professional and gave me a brief of the process that they will put into my car. They needed the car for 2 days and kept sending me an update with photos throughout the process. Ceramic on a white car is certainly not the best when you want to showcase the product but it does look and feel nice. Over all I am very happy with their work and I am in no way affiliated to them by any means. This is solely my experience with them. Enough now and I will let the picture do the talking.
My Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI | Upgraded turbo, intercooler, suspension, brakes & more-1.jpg

My Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI | Upgraded turbo, intercooler, suspension, brakes & more-2.jpg

My Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI | Upgraded turbo, intercooler, suspension, brakes & more-3.jpg

My Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI | Upgraded turbo, intercooler, suspension, brakes & more-4.jpg

My Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI | Upgraded turbo, intercooler, suspension, brakes & more-5.jpg
sharan1988 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 21:27   #20
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Sweet car & even sweeter are the mods buddy!
Really loved reading your thread.

I love the Octavia too, & it is by far THE best car from the Skoda stable IMHO.

Looking forward to your updates on the car. Do keep this thread alive!
Old 2nd April 2021, 00:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sharan!
Always enjoyed your Vento (thanks for the advice!). Had seen this on Instagram a couple of weeks back and loved how well the wheels looked then, now drooling over them even more. Any idea on the figures your car is running now? Roundabouts 290hp with the remap and upgraded turbo?

Last edited by akash_v12 : 2nd April 2021 at 00:46.
Old 2nd April 2021, 06:09   #22
BHPian

This is my kind of mod. Sensible well thought out upgrades, without going over the top. The winner for me are the bigger brakes. No point in having more power if you can't stop.

Wishing your sleeper many many happy road trips.
keroo1099 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 18:58   #23
Team-BHP Support

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Thread moved from Assembly line to Modifications & Accessories. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11th April 2021, 20:16   #24
BHPian

Car looks beautiful. Congrats.

Couple of questions:

What is dechroming? How is it done? And, does it last?
Aren't tints just a reason for the cops to be after you? Or, has that rule gone?
nidhikapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 08:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan1988 View Post
[*]vRS 230 springs
Exciting mods.
I understand you prefer OEM parts, but did you consider changing to Bilstein B6 dampers instead of changing the springs? I'm asking because that's what I plan to do once my stock dampers reach end of life. At low speeds, I don't like the floaty feeling as well as the fact that is less comfortable than Laura over bad roads.
Old 12th April 2021, 09:22   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
Car looks beautiful. Congrats.

Couple of questions:

What is dechroming? How is it done? And, does it last?
Aren't tints just a reason for the cops to be after you? Or, has that rule gone?
Hi, It's just sticking a black film on all chrome elements. It should last a long time if taken care while cleaning. I have never had problem with the cops for the tints and they are quiet mild with 70% VLT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_grin View Post
Exciting mods.
I understand you prefer OEM parts, but did you consider changing to Bilstein B6 dampers instead of changing the springs? I'm asking because that's what I plan to do once my stock dampers reach end of life. At low speeds, I don't like the floaty feeling as well as the fact that is less comfortable than Laura over bad roads.
Actually I like the ride of the stock vRS and it's good enough unless you are planning to track your car. The floaty feel is non existent after the spring upgrade and rides like a stock vRS. Vertical moment and body roll is well under control now and I wouldn't bother going with stiffer dampers. I may end up getting beefier rear antiroll bars in the future.
sharan1988 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 20:59   #27

That car looks really well done. I own a 1.8 TSI which is 15 months old and to get rid of the floating feel I recently upsized to 225/45/R17 with the Lenso Dyna Jäger and ContiSport SCc5. I was wondering if it’s possible to get VRS springs sourced from the dealer itself. Do you by any chance have the part numbers ? Has the 15mm lowering caused any problems? Will you be able to share the contact details of the remap dealer?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st May 2021 at 22:13. Reason: Typos. Uppercase added where required. Additional spaces removed.
Old 24th May 2021, 12:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ0010 View Post
That car looks really well done. Has the 15mm lowering caused any problems?
Thanks in advance.
I too own the 1.8 TSI and am running a 225/45/R17 setup. Had used lowering springs that dropped the height by 40mm. I just had to be careful on speed breakers when there were more than 2 people in the car so a 15mm drop should not be a problem at all!

Quote:

Actually I like the ride of the stock vRS and it's good enough unless you are planning to track your car.
How are the VRS springs holding up with the stock 1.8tsi dampers though? Do they work well together? Do you feel the ride has become harsh?
Old 25th May 2021, 13:03   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ0010 View Post
That car looks really well done. I own a 1.8 TSI which is 15 months old and to get rid of the floating feel I recently upsized to 225/45/R17 with the Lenso Dyna Jäger and ContiSport SCc5. I was wondering if it’s possible to get VRS springs sourced from the dealer itself.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for your kind words. Yes it will possible to get Vrs springs off a dealer. Keep in mind that 230 and 245 use different springs. I am sure you can find a used set of springs of a Vrs. I have had no issues as the drop is quite minor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpitt View Post
How are the VRS springs holding up with the stock 1.8tsi dampers though? Do they work well together? Do you feel the ride has become harsh?
I would say the ride quality is great as there is no more that unnecessarily vertical movement and I quite didn't enjoy how the car felt when it was stock. With the drop so minor, the stock dampers shouldn't have any problems working with it. Honestly I have noting to complain.
sharan1988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 00:48   #30

Quote:
Thanks for your kind words. Yes it will possible to get Vrs springs off a dealer. Keep in mind that 230 and 245 use different springs. I am sure you can find a used set of springs of a Vrs. I have had no issues as the drop is quite minor.
I managed to get the quotes for the Vrs 245 springs from a dealer and it comes to 26k for all 4 of them. Would you prefer this setup or aftermarket springs or opt for bilstein shocks with stock springs ? Does swapping the Vrs springs onto the 1.8tsi require any sort of modifications to be done ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks