Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2024, 11:03   #1021
BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

I have been using this Black+Decker ASI400-XJ 12V 160PSI Multipurpose Tyre Inflator with Digital Guage, Autocut Off System and 2 Operating Modes.

Priced around 3500 Rs, have used for last few years as an emergency back up inflation device.

Pros: Good Build. Place to store the hose and 12 V Wire and all accessories in the device itself.

Square Shaped and easy to store with rubberised handle.

Digital Display where you can preset the value for inflation and auto cuts off after it reaches desired value.

Has a secondary low pressure inflation portand included hose for inflating tents, boats, mattresses etc.

Good quality hose, no signs of rubber cracking in few years of usage and storage in vehicle.

Cons: Bit noisy than other smaller ones.
Tad big, though it fits well in the space under the floor of my boot near the tyre.
Attached Images

Dr_MNC_SK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 11:22   #1022

Have recently got the Ather Tyre Inflator.

Has different modes - car/bike/bicycle/sports balls. Have tried it on balls and tyres, has worked flawlessly. Add on features are in-built flash light and battery power bank.

Must admit although this is a brilliant product, my admiration for the Ather brand also played a role in the purchase decision!

https://shop.atherenergy.com/products/tyre-inflator
zyksstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 11:33   #1023
Senior - BHPian

I would not recommend this one - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

It's pricey and failed on me after using a few times.
quickdraw is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 11:35   #1024
BHPian

Using the Bergman Analog Display units since 2022, has an inbuilt torch, works like a charm. The cable is quite long and comes with a few attachments. I have recommended it to a few colleagues who have also used it and have not heard any complaints. The device has a metal body and tends to get hot during use, just need to be careful about that, especially if you have curious kiddos who are eager to help.
anandseth01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 17:36   #1025
BHPian

I will vouch for ResQTech . Cute little device serving to me ( and friends & neighbors) for more than 5 Years now.

https://resqtech.in/product/resqtech...tor-rsq-ac101/
Attached Images

007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 18:57   #1026
BHPian

Although I don't have a tyre inflator but if I consider one then this one. Michelin foot pump, less electronics - less headache.

https://www.flipkart.com/michelin-di...o1714137986615
rvd8732 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 19:15   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help choose a tyre inflator for a 2 ton SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
Looking to buy a Tyre Inflator for our XUV700, hence did some research around same.
If you have the budget, go for ViAir. They make one of the best air inflators in the industry.
Shubhendra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 19:24   #1028
BHPian

After bringing in my new Honda City in Feb this year, I purchased the below inflator. It has both cordless and corded operation. When I am not driving, I keep it in my scooter on my daily ride to office. Infact yesterday it saved me a great trouble. Found my scooter tyre fully flat in evening in my office parking. Found that it was a problem with the valve and no puncture. Out comes the cordless inflator and I am off.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-screenshot_202404261919272.png  

rajivr1612 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 21:28   #1029

I too was in the market for a good tyre inflator. Has anyone used Qubo smart tyre inflator?

The device seems small and round, so easy storage.

Also, I was looking for a device that has both tyre inflator and battery starter in it. Has anyone found a reliable device that does both these functions?
Abhidivine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2024, 07:45   #1030
BHPian

Nothing comes close to a Viair. It’s a product used for expeditions and rally’s in challenging conditions since years. If used for its intended purpose it will last for ages. It may cost a lot more to buy but it’s money well spent if someone is looking for quality. Using one since 15 +years.
KKapadia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2024, 09:16   #1031
Senior - BHPian

I've experience with Michelin tyre inflators.

The first one, I bought in 2016, used it on Etios for 2 years, then in the Innova Crysta for 6 years and now doing duty on my wife's Yaris. Zero trouble till date.

The second one I again bought the Michelin but a better model. I've been using this on my Crysta for around 9 months now. Works well as always.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2024, 17:01   #1032
BHPian

I recently bought the Agaro TI 1257 AC cum DC inflator. Works on both 240 v power as well as from the car battery. Works pretty well since I bought it a few months ago. I had a Michellin inflator prior to this. Unfortunately, the hose on that wore out and the Michellin dealer in Bangalore refused to replace the hose and was pushing me to buy a new one.
All things considered, I think I have a better product. The inflator has a clamp on end instead of the thread type end in my earlier inflator. I used to notice air escaping as I would unscrew the thread from the tyre end.
Regards, Balaji
Bsimhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 15:26   #1033
BHPian

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-12314.jpg

Bergmann Typhoon Car Tyre Inflator (Blue)

Have Been using this from April 2019 till yesterday, it is a life saver, but my advice is - Don't share it with anyone !. My issue has been discussed in here (Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump)

MICHELIN 12314

Got it yesterday and Damn - It's so fast !

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-clamp-.jpg

Have ordered a Clamp on for protection & longevity

Last edited by Thyag : 6th May 2024 at 15:49.
Old 27th May 2024, 14:49   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Based on suggestions received here and some more digging, here's the latest on the tyre inflator search. Click on image for clearer text.
Attachment 2592872
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
None. My father loves this pump so much that he has made it a recurring Sunday activity to top up all the 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers tyres using this pump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnieshwartz View Post
I purchased the MICHELIN 12266 for INR 4,499 in Dec 2023. Interestingly, the same unit is now available for INR 3,995 on Amazon.in and I feel this will be a really good addition to any home. I was largely impressed by the review (Michelin Tyre Inflator Review (Model 12266)) posted by Aditya way back in 2022 and finally decided on this unit after going through reviews of multiple units online as well as speaking with folks who owned such inflators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkumar View Post
Hi, I have been using for more than a year now and it’s working fine. I use it on Tata Safari and it can fill all the four tyres in a matter of 10-15 minutes. Doesn’t make much noise or vibrations. Pretty handy to use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phi View Post
I have been using VIAIR 90P for last 3 months, after my previous GoMechanic inflator, which was gifted by someone, stopped working after just 3 uses. 90P is extremely fast, does not sound strained even a little bit even when filling the whole tyre. I use it with my cars and bicycles.
Quote:
Looking to buy a Tyre Inflator for our XUV700, hence did some research around same. Found tremendous amount of information in these thread1 (Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump), thread2 (Michelin Tyre Inflator Review (Model 12266)).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
If you are going to use it as an emergency device or a once in a few weeks top up device - then a small rechargeable one like an Mi tyre inflator is best. Its a compact unit and its accurate, there is no need to access the vehicle \ plug it into the socket etc.

For Offroad use you need something like the ViAir with battery clamps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppanna View Post
Using the Bergman Digital which is posted above for little over 2 years and it is performing brilliantly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
The Viair will outlast my cars and even me! It's epic build should also count in terms of never having to ever buy again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Bosch Easy Pump, German tech, battery operated, enough said...

https://amzn.in/d/elWumlQ

Cheers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
Good comparison, I would also like to include other key technical parameters like 0-30 PSI in how many seconds? Apologies, I don't know the technical term for that.
Even I am not sure of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by argho View Post
I have been using a Michelin Tyre Inflator for several years. Still works perfectly fine.

Had bought from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.in/MICHELIN-Infla...zcF9hdGY&psc=1
Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshm619 View Post
I'm using the analog tyre inflator from Bergman since 2018. It is still working perfectly with no signs of ageing. The hose length is one of the longest I've seen across multiple brands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachind View Post
One point you may want to check (that is missing from the comparison table) is the ability to set a target pressure and the pump stops once that is sustained. This is not there in many Michelin models and even the basic Amazon Solimo has this which is quite useful.
Check the Auto cut-off row - it indicates the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_MNC_SK View Post
I have been using this Black+Decker ASI400-XJ 12V 160PSI Multipurpose Tyre Inflator with Digital Guage, Autocut Off System and 2 Operating Modes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyksstar View Post
Have recently got the Ather Tyre Inflator.

Has different modes - car/bike/bicycle/sports balls. Have tried it on balls and tyres, has worked flawlessly. Add on features are in-built flash light and battery power bank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I would not recommend this one - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

It's pricey and failed on me after using a few times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandseth01 View Post
Using the Bergman Analog Display units since 2022, has an inbuilt torch, works like a charm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I will vouch for ResQTech . Cute little device serving to me ( and friends & neighbors) for more than 5 Years now.

https://resqtech.in/product/resqtech...tor-rsq-ac101/
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd8732 View Post
Although I don't have a tyre inflator but if I consider one then this one. Michelin foot pump, less electronics - less headache.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
If you have the budget, go for ViAir. They make one of the best air inflators in the industry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
After bringing in my new Honda City in Feb this year, I purchased the below inflator. It has both cordless and corded operation. When I am not driving, I keep it in my scooter on my daily ride to office. Infact yesterday it saved me a great trouble. Found my scooter tyre fully flat in evening in my office parking. Found that it was a problem with the valve and no puncture. Out comes the cordless inflator and I am off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I've experience with Michelin tyre inflators.

The first one, I bought in 2016, used it on Etios for 2 years, then in the Innova Crysta for 6 years and now doing duty on my wife's Yaris. Zero trouble till date.

The second one I again bought the Michelin but a better model. I've been using this on my Crysta for around 9 months now. Works well as always.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsimhan View Post
I recently bought the Agaro TI 1257 AC cum DC inflator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyag View Post
Bergmann Typhoon Car Tyre Inflator (Blue)

MICHELIN 12314
Thank you all ! Sharing a quick update for everyone- summarizing in bullet points,
  • Viair is hands down the best tyre inflator, which is used for proffessional needs like rallies and expeditions, and it'll last a lifetime. Its pricey though, 3X price of the one I bought.
  • For a normal user, tyre inflator is going to be an emergency only equipment, which will be rarely used, especially since I fill nitrogen in tyres.
  • An inflator which can plug into Car socket or battery clamps is more useful in emergency, since the battery operated one may or may not be fully charged.
  • In terms of price, if one goes lower in the range Michelin and Bergmann are some good options but the Michelin ones cost 2X that of Bergmann.
  • On team-bhp Michelin and Bergmann had maximum positive responses hence decided to go for one of them, Bergmann was better value and with metal cannister seemed like built to last, Michelin on the other hand felt plasticky, hence got the Bergmann in Amazon sale for 25XX INR.
Bergmann Typhoon Digital quick review :
  • Much smaller and handy than what it looks in pictures.
  • Good quality materials used, comes with 1 year warranty and no messages to extend the warranty by adding an Amazon review. Just the plastic wire connecting the power socket is of average quality, one needs to be careful not to close the door when wire is coming out.
  • It filled XUV700 all 4 tyres from 29 to 33psi in ~ 10 mins, around 2 mins to top up each tyre. The metal cylinder was hot after this.
  • The noise is not much and inflator stays where its kept due to rubberized legs.
  • The length of wire and hose is quite good, but it could barely reach the front left tyre after folding the middle row seats and the front seat in XUV700. Note, XUV700 has power socket in the 3rd row on the right hand side. Its usable but 1-2 feet more length would have been easier.
  • The shape of the inflator is not boxy so had to keep the box it came with so as to store it properly. The wire can be wound around the inflator base. It came with some connectors but there's no inbuilt slot to keep it along with the machine, you have keep them loose.
  • After filling the air, when you unscrew the pipe from tyre, a bit of air pressure is lost, I might order the press and fit connector to avoid same.
Note : This is a quick review based on one use, will create a proper review with pictures once I use it for few months and 3-4 instances. Thank you everyone for timely inputs!
sapien is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 21:58   #1035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyag View Post
...Have ordered a Clamp on for protection & longevity
Can you please share the site/location where this clamp is available? I need it for my inflator (Roger brand) which is presently having a screw type. Thanks.
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks